Potions !

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ObiWon1, Mar 27, 2016.

1. ObiWon1

ObiWon1 Space Hobo

potions that restore energy and health using items like foraged herbs or flowers with some monster loot like bat wings and slime?

i think it would be nice to give some of these items some more purpose. (monster loot)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    • Sienikakku

Sienikakku Poptop Tamer

Imo this should be something done with the Wizard. You could bring him all the stuff and he would make the potions for you. This could cost something(still worth it cause you don't get much for selling bat wings etc.) until you are good friends enough with him and he'll do them for free maybe?

The reason I don't want your own character to do this is because you AREN'T a Wizard. There is one in the village already :)

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Not free, but maybe reduced price. Also, you may not BE a wizard, but he IS looking for an apprentice!

Maybe make it so that once you get to 4-6 hearts you can become his apprentice...but you still have to pay to have him make the potions...and once you get maxed friendship (or at least 8 hearts), it unlocks the "Alchemy" skill (or Potion Making, it could be any number of names, heh) where you can start making them yourself and whatnot. Of course, you'd start out with very few recipes, but...yeah.

It'd give us something to do, and actually give us a REASON to talk to the wizard. I really don't have one, because I'm always perfectly happy with the character appearance I choose for my character. I only talk to him when I'm passing by his hut, I don't go out of my way to do so like with most of the other NPCs. ^^

...maybe if he went into town on occasion, but he doesn't, so...

• Sienikakku

Sienikakku Poptop Tamer

Yeah I feel bad for never visiting the Wizard because i really don't feel like im in a need to change what my character looks like. And if alchemy would be available I feel like getting better at it would be slow and sometimes you fail the recipe and it would be a lot like trying and failing but trying again.

For example you could fail your potion when you arent yet good enough: it could give you energy but make you lose health or the other way :)

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

That's a little too complicated. Just make the recipe "gain strength" as your skill goes up (by deactivating one recipe and activating a new one). Since there are obviously flags for learning recipes (and thus them being displayed in your crafting window), I don't think this should be all that hard. ^^

EDIT: ALternatively, just make a modifier apply to the things made that takes into account your level in the skill. That way there's no need to deactivate and activate like that...but...I'm not sure how easy that would be to do. The former suggestion is honestly probably easier, heh. =x