1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Potential Stuttering fix...

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by AugustBlade, Jul 31, 2016.

1. AugustBlade

AugustBlade Space Hobo

Ever since downloading 1.0, I've had random stutter no matter what I'm doing in the game. After trying everything I can think of, I found a solution that worked for me, and hopefully it will help someone else! This issue was being caused by the in-game vsync, but I found a way to keep vsync on and have no stutter.

Solution (for nVidia cards):
    • Turn off vsync in Starbound's config file
    • Turn on vsync in the NVCP
    • Turn off Threaded Optimization
    • Turn off triple buffering(if running openGL)
    • Keep maximum pre-rendered frames set to "Use the 3D application..."

After doing this, and loading up the game, I played for two hours straight without a single stutter. If for some reason this doesn't help someone, post about it and let's see if I or anyone else can help!

2. mraider94

mraider94 Void-Bound Voyager

Are you referring to blinking UI elements? I would be nice to know if that is your problem, because this might help me.

3. Kulsius

Kulsius Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Pretty sure "random stutter" means exactly that- randomly occurring stutter in game.

Blinking UI is caused by VSync on fullscreen, try to disable one of them and see what happens.

4. mraider94

mraider94 Void-Bound Voyager

Tried it and it seemed to go away. Then about an hour or two later it started happening again. Its weird its like it something in a specific area that does it, but I can't seem to figure out what exactly.

5. AugustBlade

AugustBlade Space Hobo

I haven't had any blinking UI issues. In addition to what Kulsius said, have you tried disabling the auto-on vsync the game has turned on? It's in the config file. I would try that, and it's sort-of related to the same issue I had with the stuttering.

Kulsius likes this.