1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Possible ties between the novakids and the florans.

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Jandroan, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Jandroan

Jandroan Subatomic Cosmonaut

Last night, i was meandering about the starbound wiki when i noticed a few things, specifically with cave art for the floran party mission. Some of the racial inspection quotes sparked my interest.

[​IMG]

Avian : Who is this giant figure? They shine like the sun itself.
    Human : This painting looks like a giant person, shining like the sun.

[​IMG]

Novakid : This here paintin' shows someone big handin' over a gift. Seems familiar.

The florans are known to worship a "light lord" who came from the stars (http://starbounder.org/Species_and_their_Gods) and the first image seems to depict the being. However, what race glows with internal light, shining like the sun? The Novakids. Additionally, upon examination of the "light lord" in the paintings, the only feature is a large object in the center of its face. Possibly a novakid brand?
    Then there is the second painting. While all the races seem perplexed by the painting, only the novakids remark that it seems familiar. Perhaps confirming that it was a novakid who was the floran light lord. This could be further supported by the fact that novakids do not record their history, but some racial memory could be lingering in their minds.

Please give feedback on this theory, i'd love to hear what you guys think.

TheFloranChef and Sh4dowWalker96 like this.
  2. pop-yotheweird

pop-yotheweird Ketchup Robot

huh. interesting.

3. Sh4dowWalker96

Sh4dowWalker96 Big Damn Hero

That got me thinking... in the Avian lore, there are 7 gods that came before Kluex, known as the Sunborn. And from what I remember, Novakids are born of stars. A sun is just a star that supports planets in it's orbit. Maybe the Novakids are the Ancients, but they don't remember it because it was a previous generation? The lack of Novakid writings would support the general lack of knowledge surrounding the Ancients.

Mako and Godbot like this.
  4. Jandroan

Jandroan Subatomic Cosmonaut

That could be very possible. considering they're on the Ark gateway but don't have an artifact, they may have been the ones who built the Ark.

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.
  5. final272

final272 Void-Bound Voyager

.... 1.0 come on out i want to investigate some more o.e

Sh4dowWalker96 likes this.