Modding Help Portraits and Sprites information.

Discussion in 'Mods' started by OneNanosecond, Aug 24, 2018.

1. OneNanosecond

OneNanosecond Void-Bound Voyager

Hello! So basically, I'm stuck. I'm new to modding, and I'm currently fooling around with JSON files messing with dialogue etc. So what i have done is changed some dialogue and extended certain parts with new questions and such; however, i have custom portraits that i want to use.

I've noticed that each portrait is added at the end of the text, for example: -

/speak Emily \"Nowwwwww I know why you're here. It's a sign. Hahaha!$h\"

Using the following portrait commands I can select which portrait to use: -

$neutral - Switch the speaking character to their neutral portrait.
    $h - Switch the speaking character to their happy portrait.
    $s - Switch the speaking character to their sad portrait.
    $u - Switch the speaking character to their unique portrait.
    $l - Switch the speaking character to their love portrait.
    $a - Switch the speaking character to their angry portrait.

Now, I want to be able to keep the original portraits, and have an extra set of portraits associated with a character. So how would I do this? Do I need to create a new portrait xnb file with a different name, or can I add the new portraits into the same .png as the original portraits? Is it even possible to have more than 8 portraits associated with a single character?

If I can add more than 8 portraits how would I incorporate the extra ones so that they are actually used, would i have to also create new portrait commands?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My question about sprites is that I want to create an animation for an event, it takes place inside of Haley's house, to create the animation, would I create sprites? If so suggestions on how to create custom sprite animations would be extremely helpful. Or would I do it through tile animation?

I do understand that .xnb modding is extremely limited, I just want to know if it's possible and if so how!

This is my first proper post on this forum, apologies if I have posted in the wrong place etc.

Thanks in advance!

HopeWasHere likes this.