Modding Discussion Portrait Resolutions

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Unassuming Obelisk, Sep 5, 2016.

1. Unassuming Obelisk

Unassuming Obelisk Big Damn Hero

How do I change the resolutions of the portraits? I'm trying to make pixelated portraits, but I can't work in the default 64x64 resolution. How do I change it? I'm guessing it involves the .yaml files you get when you unpack it, but when I tried to google it, all the threads were from april or march, so I figured I'd just make a new one.

edit: I know this is probably a VERY stupid question, but if anyone could just spare a second to tell me, I have practically a whole mod all ready to go.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2016
      asparagus likes this.
    • Diverticus

Diverticus Orbital Explorer

I'm new here, but I'm also interested in seeing whether this is possible. I'm excited to see your mod once it's done! And don't worry, I did some research myself, and I don't think this is a stupid question. Of course, we could just both be missing the same thing... :p

• Unassuming Obelisk

Thanks, Diverticus! I'm glad to hear that someone else is having the same problems I am. I've got my portraits over on my Fanart thread, so you can see them there if you want. I'm working on another mod that will fit the resolution, and one or two sprite mods, but it would be really nice not to have to start from scratch on my first mod.
        You didn't find any solutions, did you?

• Diverticus

Diverticus Orbital Explorer

No, but I did find this one mod that would let you make high-res portraits, but the modder hasn't released it yet. That makes me think that it might be impossible to increase the resolution as of yet.

• Unassuming Obelisk

Hmm... That's really disappointing. Okay, I guess I'll just have to start from scratch. Thanks anyway, though. If you, or anyone else, find anything, let me know!

• hippothermia

hippothermia Master Chief

I looked into it and I'm not sure how the hell @OrSpeeder did it, because the 64x64 size is coded as a constant in the Stardew source. He's probably the one to try to get a hold of...

• Unassuming Obelisk

Okay, thanks! I'll try that!

• Pudassassin

Pudassassin Hard-To-Destroy Reptile

If you try to mod portrait without modding the game code itself (Replacing files in game directory>Content>Portraits)
                  Its resolution is 64x64 and expected to be enlarged/pixelate...
                  The link to the tool is here. Good luck modding!

• Unassuming Obelisk

Thanks! I already used the tool, and I'm now trying to contact Orspeeder. I don't expect he'll respond, however, so I'm going ahead and adjusting all my mods to 64x64.

Pudassassin likes this.