1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Portable Teleporter

Discussion in 'Furniture and Objects' started by severedskullz, Dec 7, 2013.

1. So, since many of the people I have seen are complaining about the ability to teleport back to the ship from underground and some even went so far as to DEMAND its implementation, I have put together a simple mod to give that to them.

To install the mod, one must simply open up player.config and add
    Code:
     { "item" : "teleporter2" }
    whereever teir they feel it should be unlocked. I kept the resources relatively low as this is meant to be a one-time use escape item, but it may be reclaimed and used again. I think it also makes a nice addition to really big bases as well.

The mod can be found here

2. Iamgoofball

Iamgoofball Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Actually, the only thing stopping you from teleporting back is the Back Layer of materials.

If you use your pick or something to clear out a spot of back layer, you can beam back up.

3. As far as I am aware, that is not a feature that is intended so that may no longer work. Of course, I could be wrong. However, I only made this because others were complaining/demanding it be done. This is something I don't even use.

4. Delta9Church

Delta9Church Subatomic Cosmonaut

Can youperhaps point me to where the teleport function is defined? I am trying to do something similar but not really and need to see how it decides whee to put you when you warp down to planet.

5. Morning! Unforunately that portion is not exposed to us at the moment. I spent a while looking for it and the only hting I could find was the interactable flags that specify the action.

6. Delta9Church

Delta9Church Subatomic Cosmonaut

thats all i could find too. was hoping to make a telepad that changes where you port down to, but i guess not yet. Thanks anyway.

7. Med

Med Phantasmal Quasar

But if you just Save and Quit, you are teleported back to your ship...:p

Svarr Chanston likes this.
  8. ahappydude

ahappydude Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This would be so usefull to have when you find a base/temple and you want to beam directly to that

jjgunner likes this.