1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Ponybound v0.06

Little ponies in Starbound

1. Heliostorm

Heliostorm Phantasmal Quasar

heliostorm submitted a new mod:

Ponybound - Little ponies in Starbound

Read more about this mod...

Comments, critiques, and suggestions are welcome. I am open to collaboration. If you would like to help with this mod, just post what you want to do here.

1110Soulite, RyuujinZERO and RaxTr like this.
  2. Rawr0w0

Rawr0w0 Void-Bound Voyager

Can you ONLY be Twilight Sparkle, or are there other ponies planned to be in the mod?

3. Heliostorm

It's a character creator just like all the other races. More eye and hair options will be added as time goes on.

Rawr0w0 likes this.
  4. LastAi

LastAi Void-Bound Voyager

so i under stand the armor doesnt work, but do hats work?

i could survive no armor if we can at least have hats

5. Heliostorm

Hats do not work as the ponies are somewhat shorter than the other races (they are little ponies, after all). We could have working hats if you're ok with gigantic ponies.

Pending a way to customize the renderer, the next update will include alternative items for the pony characters.

6. Snowfyre

Snowfyre Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i hope that there will at-least be visible armors, i can tolerate not seeing any armor, but i would love it if there was something

Edit:

so played a bit, looking good so far

a few things that are bugging me though

first is the tail is a bit too low
    second is the fall down animation the back legs in my opinion bend the wrong way, i expected them to go forwards rather than backwards same with the swim or at least part of it

i think the biggest thing thats bugging me is the back rear leg, in some of the animation frames, it looks really skinny compared to the other legs

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
  7. Rawr0w0

Rawr0w0 Void-Bound Voyager

I'm guessing you don't understand Quadrupedal anatomy with Equine/Canine/Feline. When they leap/fall, they would extend their legs back, same as jumping. only kneeling/laying down should they be bent any bit forward.

8. Heliostorm

In addition to what Rawr0w0 said (look, if your front legs go back and your back legs go forward, you've lost any kind of stability while landing), the fall down animations are going to double as flight animations once pegasi are added. Due to the way Starbound codes flying (see: Bubble Boost, Gravity Neutralizer, Butterfly Boost), the final jump animation is locked in for flight, so it has to be something that looks good when flying.

I will fix the tail bit and look at the back rear leg, although it may not be that it's skinny, it's just hidden by the front leg.

The swim animation is a hack right now. A proper swim animation would basically be doggy-paddling, and so would look a lot like the trot animation, but Starbound only has 4 animation frames for swimming so that would look incredibly jumpy in game. Even the walking animation already suffers from this, as I had to cut down the cycle from 16 frames to 8 (ponies have much longer walk cycles, comes with having twice as many legs).

Thank you for the feedback.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2013
    Rawr0w0 likes this.
  9. Snowfyre

I guess that makes sense though the the end frame, the back legs look more like something you would find on a plantigrade with a more prominent knee rather than heel don't think a ponies leg can bend that way either. sorry I wasn't really clear on what part of the leg I meant, posted that a bit past midnight shortly after i got home from work

for the skinny legs its frame 3,4 and 5 that it looks skinny, those legs are around 3 pixels wide while the others are between 4 and 5 pixels

im saddened to hear that they decided to have so few frames, no wonder why the walk animation didnt feel smooth,

10. Heliostorm

The skinny legs have been fixed, I'll keep the jump thing in mind for the next update.

11. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

Congratulations, you're on Equestria Daily.

IBMrYanshu likes this.
  12. Whitlinger Doodle Do

Whitlinger Doodle Do Pangalactic Porcupine

Just saying, should there ever be Ponex villages, they need to say really awkward things about this.

13. Heliostorm

14. Snowfyre

the selection for the 3 different races are acting weird during character creating the first slot doesnt seem to do anything, the second changes to a ponex and the 3rd a pegasus, any changes during creation after clicking a pony race seems to revert to earth pony

going to do a full reinstall to see if anything was left over from the ponex race they seem to conflict with each other

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  15. Heliostorm

I have definitely not encountered anything like that, it sounds like the index numbers for Ponex and the pony races are conflicting with each other. Make sure you are using the correct charcreator.config, it's in interface/windowconfig.

16. Snowfyre

Im thinking i have bits and pieces left over from the ponex race before the mod folder was added, and apparently doing a delete local content in steam doesn't delete everything

also manualy deleting everything worked

17. Heliostorm

Announcement: Just fixed a bug with the invisible hat that caused the hair and eyes to disappear when wearing it. Redownloading from the same link should fix it.

18. Saine

Saine Intergalactic Tourist

An alternate version that works with Xander Kau's Simple Extended Character Creation mod would be nice. As it is the two conflict because of how you've set up the interface.

19. Heliostorm

Race mods will conflict with each other due to more than just the interface. Adding races to Xander's mod still requires manually editing the charcreation.config and universe_server, amongst other things, because the ones provided by each individual mod will attempt to overwrite each other. If someone is editing all the files needed to merge two race mods together anyways, it should be fairly simple for them to simply replace my charactercreation.png with Xander's.

EDIT: Next patch says it will add automatic config merging functionality, so it may be doable then, although indexes will still conflict.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2013
  20. Saine

Saine Intergalactic Tourist

Well you only need to change the index to get it to work with Xander's mod, I had to do that when I added that aragonian mod I used and it worked fine.