Ponies!

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Derpy Hooves, Mar 3, 2012.

1. Derpy Hooves

Derpy Hooves Subatomic Cosmonaut

As I was saying, I don't think the possibility is more than 15% at the most to be added, but I'm still willing to fight for it. Maybe just remove the cutie marks and make them talk, but still with the colorfulness. As I said, make them kill-able so that any pony haters can vent some anger on them if they want. Would you guys like that, hm? Just start blowing them up.

RainbowPotatoBird likes this.
  2. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

This is such a bad idea... For starters as others have pointed out, it would be a legal nightmare to do it for reals. Then there's the other obvious drawback, as we can see here the subject causes quite a rift. Probably the only thing more voatile would be to ask for a Twilight-themed planet... personally I have to say that if everything else is peachy I'm not opposed to having both planets. After all, I'm going to need test sites for those orbital bombardment weapons... :devil:;)

3. Snowy_Night

Snowy_Night Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I will say this again. Adding ponies to the game breaks no copyright but adding my little pony style with cutie marks would be. I just want normal ponies myself which would be a lot of fun ^_^
    [brohoof]

4. TheRev

TheRev Industrial Terraformer

This might be off topic a little bit (I really don't want to get into the whole Brownie/Anti-Brownie thing), but you mentioned mods. If they are doing the graphics in different files, it should not be difficult for anyone to change what they want to look like something else.

Now once you get past how things "Look" this might get a bit more difficult. I have seen they are doing this in C++, and for those who have not messed with it.. It is a "Bit" harder to change then C# (Think more mechanical then visual). So you might want to get what changes you would actually want, and try to keep it extremely simple.

Whether more people would like it or hate it (Though I doubt you would actually run into copy-write issues in a mod.. I am not a lawyer so I could be wrong).. That isn't really up for me to decide, but if you are going to want to put some mod in that has these things. It is very good to know what you are going to want it to do before you just go in changing things, and to keep those changes small (If possible)

5. Psion

Psion Zero Gravity Genie

It depends. No one seems to mind that several people made MLP mods for Skyrim yet there has been issues in the past with people modding Sins of a Solar Empire for Battlefleet Gothic (GW apparently wore that team out with red tape) and making a Starcraft mod for C&C Generals...

6. TheRev

I think I need more information on what it depends on.. :up:

I have not heard a "Non-Commercial" mod have any problems unless it does one a of a few things.. One, use code or resources from another project without permission. Two, does something that is in an expansion, and lastly if has been directly restricted from the production staff..

I think the Skyrim, and the C&C generals show that point.. but I am not sure what you are talking about on the Battlefleet Gothic. I goggled it a little bit, and found there is a mod for that game by this name, but maybe I am looking at something else.

7. Derpy Hooves

Somehow this thread slipped from beneath my hooves. I'm a bit lost now, as it's been a few days, but you all keep talking of mods. Who's actually willing to make it whenever this game is finished?

8. TheRev

Sorry trying to stick to the "Suggestions" part more then chat about Ponies, but I am willing to help with what you would have to change, or how to mod specific things (Once it becomes available, but remember even about a year later with Terraria, there is no API of really any kind).. But this is not something I would spend my time on honestly.

9. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Ponies are horses i'm afraid. ;)

10. Bob the Biscuit

Bob the Biscuit Starship Captain

Well yeah they could be added, it is a game for every one isnt it, if penguins are a big part in the game why not ponies?

11. Ghostar

Ghostar Steakeater

Oh boy, Calm down peeps and ponys alike. lets try and stay on topic here. Love it or hate it just make sure your criticism is well put in here.

On the topic of MLP in Starbound: I see no reason why it could not be modded in, but exactly copies are a no-no.

Twi and MrTasty like this.
  12. Derpy Hooves

Oh, no one said exact copies. References/Easter eggs are made all the time!

My point was that someone has got to actually make the mod and you all are talking about it as if someone actually will. It hasn't happened yet, I'm not the type of person to do it, either. Not without someone in-person telling me semi-instructions, anyway. So, unless someone knows exactly who will mod it, please, it isn't a fact. It's a suggestion, not a demand.

13. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

We know. We are just discussing what we'd do if it were real. ;)

-MrTasty

14. Derpy Hooves

Read this again, those of you are thinking about legal issues. References don't break copyright, do they? Remove the cutie marks, keep them colorful (different color scheme than the mane 6, perhaps, hmm? >.>) and make them talk. Also as I said, there may not be much of a chance for it to be added, but I'm still willing to fight for it. At least until someone gives me a definite NO. Don't make them talk if that's an issue. Also, I think some of you are thinking I meant recreate Equestria. The planet can be whatever environment is randomly generated, if my semi-grasp on how this game works is right. I ramble too much.