1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Ponex Enraged Koala 1.9

A Pony Race for MLP Fans

1. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

I'll certainly take a look at anything you're willing to take a shot at. While there hasnt been a whole lot of activity here, I still keep tabs on the thread. I'm sort of loathe to call the mod dead, but with a lot of the upcoming progression stuff, the mods gonna end up with a lot of stuff missing once all the planned core game changes make their way into the game. Without someone/s to help out with the art stuff regularly, I won't be able to keep things updated.

2. Kwapplology

Kwapplology Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I feel that I should point out that my work will be rather slow in coming...
    That whole 'real life' thing that I thought would be so much fun as a kid turned out to be a bit time consuming. (I haven't even actually played Starbound in 2 weeks)
    I've already started on clothing, though, thus far having a suit and hat set that I should really test in game, and I might even get a weekend this week if people stop calling in sick!

(edit saturday 0400) Having a real issue getting these armours to actually show up in game. Turns out I am in fact bad at this.. :p I'm looking into it but I also have a long history of things simply not working for no discernible reason.

Last edited: May 3, 2014
  3. Chandrak

That basically describes every modding attempt ever :p Youre not alone there.

4. Cobalt Lightning

Cobalt Lightning Existential Complex

I've actually a request for a set's appearance if that wouldn't be much of a hassle.

I also know how the life-stuff works. I miss the age where I thought I'd have my shit together by now.

5. Kwapplology

Any ideas for sets are welcome, and more benefit than hassle!
    A good chunk of the task is deciding what I'm trying to make in the first place, and I have only a few ideas for actual sets. I'll even start on it right after the one I'm on!

6. Cobalt Lightning

Well, then, how about a robe-like set, Kinda sorta what's in my current avatar I guess xD

It could be a tiered armor (+50 defense because science) or could be just for ascetically purposes. This is also assuming you're working on armor for the feral races of the pony stuff.

If not, a mage-like robe for humanoid ponies would still be kinda kick-ass

7. Kwapplology

I had actually thought about a mage-like robe set, having unicorns in mind, so having an actual design to base off of will expedite the process!
    And what do you mean by the feral races of the pony stuff? This is the only (starbound) mod that I am currently working on...

8. Cobalt Lightning

By that, I meant the Ponybound mod that C0bra5 picked up, fixed, and updates.

I put that there because this is for the Ponex race, which I'm sure without more stuff to add C0bra5 might pick it up as well.

9. Kwapplology

Ah yes that one :p
    Maybe in the distant future I could make some aesthetic armours for that style, but that might be a long ways away for me...
    Especially if I can't even get my own armours to show up...

(edit) Actually maybe not too distant a future after all; I didn't realize how comparatively simple the armour sprites were for the Ponybound race, as I never actually looked into it.
    I just need to figure out whom i send these sprites to, and how. I was able to get stuff working in game to see it, but I had to resort to manually overwriting existing armour, specifically the 'solid twilight' one. Great for testing, but won't fly otherwise.

Last edited: May 4, 2014
  10. Solar's Wrath

Solar's Wrath Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am also having a hard time to work on the weapon sprite and all that... Uuugh i really need to get back to it I'm sorry again

11. Chandrak

Well if people are looking for ideas, there was some discussions with various people (I forget who just offhand, I'd have to check my conversations box) about making a sort of dual line so that people could RP revolving around the New Lunar Republic vs the Solar Empire stuff. (Which AFAIK is all just fandom stuff, but when taking a look at the artwork out there, there is some crazy cool art styles, in my opinion.). If you're looking for ideas, that might be a great place to start.

Mage-like armors might be cool too though, given Starbound is getting some magic staff (ish) weapons, which I might very well be able to find a way to adapt into spell weapons. I know someone has already done something similar, and at the very least it shouldnt be too hard to make some greneade / plasma like weapons that dont have weapon art so it looks like you're throwing fireballs or something.

12. Kwapplology

Okay, I've (finally) got a few things going now, mostly hanging around 80% done for each, but a question remains of what exactly to do with them.
    Is there some one I should send these to once they're done? Should I wait until I complete more than one and do a batch thing?
    And that Republic v. Empire line sounds like a great thing to check out, if you could dig a link up for us!

Oh yeah and I tried my luck with the Ponybound armour sprites. I don't know why I thought that they would be easier.:facepalm:
    Regardless I did end up with a Robe set for you, Cobalt. Just needs a bit of polishing (fixing last of the anim frames) and stat stuff.

13. Chandrak

You'd send them to me via conversation or post them here, really. And it might be better to do a batch of stuff all at once; or at the very least, like a full set of armor of a given type.

14. Ixantir

Ixantir Ketchup Robot

there males in this?

15. Zantek

Zantek Void-Bound Voyager

Wow, haven't been here in a while. I'd been waiting for the longest time for an update to finally be the motivation to finish that respawn animation. But that never happened. Oh well. I really should finish what I started. Since I dislike leaving things unfinished, I'll finally get cracking on that in a couple of days. Also, would you mind if I wrote some Codex entries?

16. Kwapplology

There are indeed male sprites.

17. PlanutExplorer

PlanutExplorer Void-Bound Voyager

:iswydt: Now you can really be a brony.. in space.:metroid:

18. TheCrowing1432

TheCrowing1432 Space Hobo

I cant seem to install it correctly. I have a character expansion mod and another race mod (Homestuck trolls) but whenever I go to character creation the spot where the mlp would be is taken by the troll race, i thought the character expansion mod would automatically fix this

19. Chandrak

Honestly, I'm not surprised. I havent updated the mod in months due to lack of help (and moreso, a lack of playing Starbound with the people I made the mod for), and the devs been changing a lot, I had thought. Atm development is halted here, and afaik character expansion is still going. There might very well be conflicts now, or things missing.

20. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

you coult try using the pony modpack, i havfe extra slots for these cases if it's just a graphical bug try to find image.cache and delete it.