1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Ponex Enraged Koala 1.9

A Pony Race for MLP Fans

1. Chandrak

Chandrak Phantasmal Quasar

Chandrak submitted a new mod:

Ponex 1.3 - A Pony Race

Read more about this mod...

2. Chandrak

Edit: Deleted. Main thread is here now.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2014
  3. ollj

ollj Big Damn Hero

4. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

Hey good work with this :D

5. Chandrak

Chandrak updated Ponex 1.3 with a new update entry:

Ponex Racemod

Read the rest of this update entry...

6. Feral Inferno

Feral Inferno Aquatic Astronaut

Already looks awesome.
    I noticed that most people who gave this a 1/5 stars are being very subjective and biased against the theme of the mod.
    I'll be doing an objective review once I get the game and try out the mod. (Steam doesn't seem to work with my computer) :(

Last edited: Dec 13, 2013
  7. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

This looks entertaining, but I won't use it till there are weapons/armor. On the other hand, I (for some unknown reason) get a huge kick out of rainbow colored weapons, not sure why. If possible, have the swipe trail of the weapons be a rainbow, as well :)

8. eris.control

eris.control Void-Bound Voyager

Cute mod so far, but could the description get any more self indulgent? Seriously. 8D

9. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

@Chandrak
    I've noticed you're using the pony songs from my resource thread. I just want to say I'm rather thrilled that these were included, as I'm a fan of this mod. However, I wanted to note that sometimes, Firekirby and I update the songs because they sound a bit off (Come Little Children has been updated once. Don't worry. According to the file name, you have the latest version.)
    If you would like, I could let you know via PM if a new pony song / update for one is posted?

10. Chandrak

Oh dear. I really need to start checking contributions people send me. Someone gave these to me for inclusion, i sort of assumed they were ones they made from midi files themselves.

Sorry about that - Im trying to make sure I get permission first for things, or better yet link to other people's pages if its something that doesnt need me including things.

Glad you don't mind though. And I know what you mean about things sometimes sounding weird - I tried several old snes music pieces, and while they sounded fantastic as midi files, as abc in starbound they were... Bizarre.

Anyway, if you like me including the songs, I'll certainly do so, or I can just direct people to your thread if youd prefer. If you would like them included, notice of updates would be welcome :)

11. Midnight_Blitz

Midnight_Blitz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'd be happy to. ^_^
    Honestly, if I required permission to use these files in compilations, my only request would be not to take the credit for yourself. If I didn't welcome it at all, I wouldn't make a resource in the first place. I'm glad it's doing the intended job. Especially for the brony community.
    A link would be fine. It'd serve the dual purpose of showing people where to get more and showing who the authors are. (I have the authors listed next to the names of the songs in post 1. Need to update it.)

@Chandrak
    EDIT: Firekirby135 requests credit. I only did one of those songs. You can credit me if you'd like. He did the rest. I don't know who did the MLP Theme (Normal speed.)

12. RenegadeVeggie

RenegadeVeggie Void-Bound Voyager

Not a fan of ponies at all, but I do have to admit that the sprite work looks very nice.
    Still won't download though.

User-name, Flameslash, Vesps and 9 others like this.
  13. Kawa

Kawa Tiy's Beard

You're more mature than most about it. Take my like.

14. Rarity

Rarity Pangalactic Porcupine

Seriously - Can we start banning people who are giving it 1 star reviews because they don't like bronies? That stuff doesn't fly, and people who abuse the mods like that should be banned from the forums. Period. So called "Fans of Starbound" who think "It doesn't belong in the game, but I'm totally not abusing the system because I just don't like the mod" are completely and utterly harassment.

15. Bloodstarz

Bloodstarz Subatomic Cosmonaut

I agree with you. This is getting out of Hand.

16. Ryowyn

Ryowyn Space Spelunker

Guess at least one guy learned from your post, considering he gave it 3 stars, just to then go on and describe potential mod-users with a homophobic slur, and then describe the race as "transformed autists"...

17. Eric

Eric Existential Complex

Well that cannot be helped, this is a flammable subject.

((Also Hi Rars! - TheChaotic1))

18. Boardgamebrony

Boardgamebrony Void-Bound Voyager

I'm really excited about this mod and though it's in its beginning stages, I've seriously considering downloading it to enhance the Starbound experience.

I saw this mod and thought about buying Starbound, as I'm on the fence about it right now. Terraria ate up so much of my time but I really want to try out the new experiences presented in this game. This mod is just sweetening that deal. ARGGGHHH! OW my free time!

19. Ssj782

Ssj782 Cosmic Narwhal

I'm keeping track of this mod, waiting for armor and weapons before I download it. My best friend had to tell me what a brony was... sorry. Ironically... HE'S a brony :)

Bloodstarz likes this.
  20. Kitsunewolf

Kitsunewolf Scruffy Nerf-Herder

The sprites for this mod looked amazing and i really did enjoy it a lot. I just have a few things that kind of threw me off. First was the lore, It was a little creepy reading it but this kind of game lore does't really affect me much, I just want to survive, explore and build. The second part was the voices of the ponies when they get hit. The actual neighing just felt really off for me. I think just keeping the Human voice would be fine for now, at least until something else can be thought of. Finally the last part was changing the sound effect for the Chucklefish; that really was unnecessary to do. This mod is just adding a pony race, no need to ponify everything else. The other things are just the armor and weapons but those are not complete and i understand that. Overall i love this mod it just needs a few tweaks and updates. Keep up he good work =)

iseesMoonlight1 likes this.