Ponds

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by OrakMoya, Apr 1, 2016.

1. OrakMoya

OrakMoya Poptop Tamer

Iv been fishing in ponds and iv been getting nothing but trash. I did use bait too but it didn't help. Is this a bug in my game?

• Necrite

Necrite Subatomic Cosmonaut

If you mean the ponds on your farm, no, that's intended. Try the mountain lake near Robin's house, or the river that runs through town.

• uberlobster

uberlobster Void-Bound Voyager

I think this is intended. You can place crab pots in the ponds with normal results but fishing is pointless.

• Haebaragi

Haebaragi Weight of the Sky

I got a Sunfish once in the smaller pond, a long time ago (perhaps it's been patched).
          It was my first time fishing though and it could just have been intended for your first time to catch something despite the body of water so you can learn how to fish.

• Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

It's the best place to obtain refined quartz though, better than mines, even.

uberlobster likes this.
            • Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

^ What Jumboshrimp said. Save the trash you get, you'll eventually get a machine that can break down trash items into things like refined quartz, iron ore, torches, and even cloth. So save it!

• Necrite

Necrite Subatomic Cosmonaut

I only did a little testing, and I only got stone, wood and torches from the random ones, so I've only ever kept the glasses and CDs. Thanks for the heads up!

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

No problem. I wasn't expecting the iron or cloth either. I made a rather comical expression at getting the cloth, the first (and admittedly only time so far) I got it.

"How did a newspaper turn into this!?"

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Yeah, the others are pretty random...but...yeah, I mainly save those.

I normally use the Driftwood as a gift to Leah, as it's a "Like" gift for her, funnily enough (though I guess it makes sense, given how much she likes sculpting wood). ^^

That said...it doesn't hurt to throw the trash in there when you run out of glasses and CDs, so I save it anyway. Even if I never get to it...it's still there, heh.

The thing about the newspaper doing that could be explained with "THE STUFF WAS BUNDLED UP IN IT MYSTERIOUSLY!", maybe?

But...yeah...it doesn't hurt to save them either way, cause you can do what I do when you're out of the quartz givers. ^^

• Ghostly Fox

Ghostly Fox Heliosphere

My only disappointment with the recycling, is that driftwood doesn't even have a TINY chance of turning into hardwood. It just... seems like it should.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

I agree, even if it's only like a 5-10% chance or something like that...