Poly Families

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Night of Dragons, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Night of Dragons

Night of Dragons Seal Broken

Hi. Recently bought this game and loving it. I do have a request I'd like to make.

Being in a polyamorous family myself, I'd love to see that added to this game. Especially given that you can date as many as twelve people and have serious intimate moments with them, to only be allowed to finalize one of those seems kinda arbitrary. I love that same sex and group dating is as available as it is, but I wish I could keep developing relationships with the characters, rather than having to pick a single one. I'd like at least six, for all the marriageable characters of a given gender.

My thought maybe is an additional upgrade to the house to add more space. Then maybe require a 'successful' heart event with the people involved, similar to the group 10 heart events. Or just let them be ok with it. Lol.

I also agree with some of the threads I've seen talking about there's no default queer characters. They all seem to be 'straight' but still fall for you. Which is cool for some, but it would be nice, as a gay man, to see some characters defaulting to LGBTQ.

Kinda as a corollary to these thoughts and suggestions. I've noticed that these types of games, while fun, are dependent on the player character. If you as player decide to build relationships, then they do. But only with you. Even characters who are friends in the lore never go past that. Nothing changes or alters when you do nothing. It makes it easy to build assumed systems like jealousy, but that isn't how life really works. My husband doesn't get upset simply because I spend some time with somebody else. Relationships are more layered.

Anyway, I'm gonna stop there. Lol. My thoughts and suggestions, for what they're worth. Loving the game, but I would love it more with some additional tweaks and representation. Here's hoping. Thanks for your time, anyone reading this. And thanks for making an awesome game!

MacMakoShark likes this.
    • Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• Night of Dragons

Night of Dragons Seal Broken

That looks cool. Lol. Sadly I play on Switch, so mods are kinda tough. I'll just hope/wait that mods get added to that system, or, better, this suggestion I made gets implemented. :)

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

ah, gotcha

• MacMakoShark

MacMakoShark Poptop Tamer

I was actually thinking about this just the other day! Im poly as well, and I think with the addition of cabins for multiplayer it would be a rather easy coding fix to add the option of having multiple spouses move into the farm. They can also have special cabins themed after the bachelors, like taking their areas and condensing them in one space. They can also use the opportunity to give each spouse a sort of unique job on the farm (shane dealing specifically with chicken and coop related goods, sebastian doing techinical things, elliot fishing, etc etc) I think it would really bring life to the marriage mechanic of the game!

At the very least I wish they would add more friendly events with the bachelors and bachelorettes if youre married, and make your spouse not become jealous if you gift a present to another candidate later. It's incrediably annoying when I give Sam a gift for his birthday and Shane gets moody with me. I feel that also goes against his character!

Night of Dragons likes this.