[Poll] Your favorite spouse (female)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jerev, Jan 10, 2017.

?

Who is your favorite marriage candidate?

1. Abigail

59 vote(s)
    21.9%
  2. Haley

54 vote(s)
    20.0%
  3. Leah

54 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Maru

23 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. Penny

59 vote(s)
    21.9%
  6. Emily

21 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Jerev

Jerev Pangalactic Porcupine

The last poll I saw on this forum was from before 1.1 and therefore didn't include Shane and Emily. So in order to get the current numbers (and hopefully see Haley win :nod: ) I created this poll.
    Because of the fact that a poll can only have 10 choices but the game has 12 singels I will create a second thread.

• Pillowtroop1

Pillowtroop1 Void-Bound Voyager

Abigail is all mine. Muwhahahah

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I love Emily and her quirky attitude, but Penny is also too precious for this world. Ughhhh. Literally, all the bachelors and bachelorettes have such appealing qualities to me and always have. I'll go with Emily for now bc I stalk her in-game so hard.

• Jerev

Penny is still the only single who I suspect to not love but use you. She always comes across as a nice person but she always tells you that she wants to escape her mom and get kids. I mean every marriage candidate has some character development during her/his heart events but Penny always stays the same.

-rose-, Yoseiri and Eldachleich like this.
          • Surenu

Surenu The End of Time

They're all so lovely. Why is polygamy illegal in the Valley? ;_;

If I had to choose though... Penny. I don't know, something about her ticks all my boxes. Maybe it's because I'm quite the book nerd myself.

Yoseiri likes this.
            • Obesius

Obesius Big Damn Hero

Voted on abby but getting a girl takes to much time, and i need to focus on my farm.

You know what they say Hoes before Ho's

• Pillowtroop1

Pillowtroop1 Void-Bound Voyager

Abigail is also being pulled into my conspiracy against the governor new happy home in good ol stardew valley.

• Jerev

Ah come on give love a chance. You could seduce Leah with the driftwood you catch with your fishing rod. :idea:

• Sennet

Sennet Phantasmal Quasar

I never got that vibe from Penny, honestly. I think every eligible bachelor/ette had a situation they were in, or some sort of problem, in their life and the farmer helped them get through it or over it (be it through friendship or marriage).

But everyone has different vibes for each character, just like if they were real people. :rofl:

• ari462

ari462 Subatomic Cosmonaut

On top of this penny is clearly not desperate in the way she has taken a bad situation for her and tried to make it better by helping those kids who lake schooling apparently (the town needs a school or at least a school bus to an out of town school but that's a whole other topic lol)

Also she already has friends to fall back on, both male and female, so I don't find her in need of anyone.

People also try to say that penny is too close with Sam, but honestly most people have several opposite gender friends. Even if they did have something in the past that isn't uncommon to still become friends later in life.

So yeah people just like to try to hate on penny xD

• GreenWombat

GreenWombat Cosmic Narwhal

I've said it before but Maru is easily my favorite. Penny feels too much like the game is pushing her on me and wanting me to feel sorry for her and outside of that just feels very generic, Leah comes off a bit prudish at times regarding the whole vegan/nice to nature thing, Abigail just isn't my type as I've never been into the whole occult type thing, and Haley I have no desire to get to know period (I don't care that she gets better later I just can't bring myself to want to deal with her after the horrendous first impression). Meanwhile Maru is fantastic in every way. She's friendly, hard working, passionate about her hobbies, and has a nice dash of adorable nerdy girl mixed in for good measure.

WonkoTSane42 likes this.
                        • Jerev

On my current game I married Haley again. But I think I will try out divorcing and the dark shrine of amnisia. It is the first game in which I joined Joja so I guess I should do things different. Just once ;)

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
                          • Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

Haley is a lot higher than I suspected. I thought for sure Penny would be up there ._.

• Jerev

Haley completely changes her mind after you get your relationship to 6 hearts and more.
                              This dialogue happened after I proposed to her:

[​IMG]
                              She then says that she is a farmer now too.

I posted this in another thread already but I guess it fits here aswell.

• Sindrawolf

Sindrawolf Big Damn Hero

Oh no I'm well aware she changes. It's just that I still see a mostly negative attitude towards her a lot.

• Lilliput

Lilliput Supernova

*Goes for a nature hike with Leah.*

• AndrewH

AndrewH Master Chief

Sad that Penny's being beaten by Haley. What's the world coming to?

While Haley is much nicer after she's married, the change is so complete, it feels like her she's gone through some sort of personality scrubbing process, and been programmed as the perfect wife and farm girl. I mean, who loves cleaning?!?

• DT89

DT89 Void-Bound Voyager

Leah for me, although I suspect she could be an alcoholic lol. I give her a bottle of wine every morning and she just loves it.

• guubear

guubear Seal Broken

Haley for life! She is so affectionate.

• Jerev

I think I will divorce Haley in my current game. From my 300+ hours I was at least 200 pursuing or married to Haley. Now I read in another thread, that the other spouses give you random gifts. Hmm let's see, I was never married to Maru an Emily. Emily seems more interesting. Furthermore marrying Maru never appealed to me.
                                          Can someone advertise the relationship with Maru?