[Poll] Who did you marry/plan to marry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yusuke Urameshi, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who did you marry/plan to marry?

1. Alex

2. Elliot

3. Harvey

4. Sam

5. Sebastian

6. Abigail

7. Haley

8. Leah

9. Maru

10. Penny

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Llamatic

Llamatic Space Hobo

Oh yes new at pierres shop :D quality beard fertilizer!

Lil' Mini likes this.
    • gilwing

gilwing Master Chief

I can understand how you get that feeling, I didn't though probably because I never talked to Sebastian very much? Maru is the only person in town to have two jobs, being a scientist/mechanic AND part time nurse, so she seemed like a very intelligent and hard-working adult to me who only still lives with her parents because she feels like they need her help. So...
      in her spare time, she builds a huge sentient robot to help her parents around the house when she moves out eventually, but it wants to be free instead of serve its purpose and blasts off into space lol.
      I also don't think Maru's still in school (as far as I can remember) like with Abby, which is unfortunately how I started seeing her after a little while, more like a little kid :/

All said and done though, if I ever end up starting a new file I'll probably go for Leah lmao

Last edited: Mar 15, 2016
      • meatpardle

meatpardle Star Wrangler

I have Haley and Leah at 10 hearts, and Haley just seems to want it more. She seems excited by the prospect of moving onto the farm and doing nothing for the rest of her life. Plus the fortune teller at the fair told both of us that our future was together.

• drakrochma

drakrochma Void-Bound Voyager

I planned to marry robin.
          Then i had to read, i can't marry her:(
          So i started giving pumpkins to abigail ...

• Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

It seems like all the bachelors and bachelorettes start to drop a lot of hints once you are at 10 hearts. Penny talks about how the farm would be a good place to raise children while blushing, Alex talks about it wouldn't be bad to live on a farm or how he would take care of you once he goes pro, Leah talks about wanting a big place to plant a garden and ask if you know any place like that. They hit you straight over the head with their hints.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Abby says she would like to live on a farm at some point...and then says something along the lines of "I wonder how that would happen, though? *chuckle*" :rofl:

If I could get Jodi or Robin w/o having to modify the save file (either through a good mod w/a good story that isn't just "MAKE THEM ABLE TO BE MARRIED"...I would pick either of them in a heartbeat...I think I actually prefer Robin over Jodi, too. =x

When I first met her when the game first started, I was like: OK THIS IS THE GIRL I'M GONNA MARRY!

Then I was like: ...crap, she doesn't have the "Single" tag! :(

• drakrochma

drakrochma Void-Bound Voyager

Exaclty the same here.
                I would love to marry her, but not in this game.
                Maybe I will start a new game, once I got far enouth.
                And then with mods and hopefully a translation and a expanded story.

• Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

A Pro-Career that never takes place after he marries you, because he then is too busy with household and farm work than still having time for training :D

• Jumboshrimp

I wish I see him lift weight and start to train to go pro or have a quest where he becomes pro or something like that. It was sad that he gives up his dream to become a farmer. He said that he would like to try his hand at farming at high heart level, and once you get married to him, he said that he lifts weight because he wants to look good for you (He's like a male Haley), not because he wants to go pro anymore. It makes me feel sad that he gives up his dream because of me, but that happens to all the bachelors/bachelorettes. I'm not opposed to a stay at home husband, but it seems like they lost their dreams once they get married to you.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Well, Penny keeps teaching the kids...and I'm pretty sure that Maru still works as a nurse, no?

Haley was just kind of like...well...this is what she wanted. I do wish Abi would go play her flute (even if it's within the farm) and play her games, still...and Leah would sculpt and stuff.

Hopefully the post-marriage improvements that CA was talking about in his tweet that's coming (after the extra dialogue or with it or something) includes them 'going for their dreams' and stuff like that.

Maybe Maru will build a robot to help with tasks around the farm, Leah will continue to sculpt/paint/etc., Abi will start doing the stuff she wants to do, and Haley will do photography!

Quests along these lines would be great...and give us more dates with them and stuff.

*wants to go play the harp with Abby again!* :rofl:

• Jumboshrimp

I think it's depending on the people. Harvey would still go to work as a doctor, Maru as a nurse, and Penny sometimes teaches kids, but most of the others who don't have a job but have their own dreams would just settle as being a housewife/househusband. Haley wants to marry someone rich so she doesn't have to work, so that's understandable, but for people like Sebastian who wants to work on his computer projects, Alex who wants to go pro, Abby stops playing flutes they basically give up on their dreams. This is why I feel like I should have married Harvey instead of Alex since I feel like I'm getting in the way of Alex's dream. I would love more dates in general though since it would be cool to have more family events like a married couple going out for a night out, I feel like there should be repeatable events for marriage like night out similar to Robin/Demetrius.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Taking your partner to the saloon to dance, like RObin and Demetrius, etc.

Leah and Abby used to go there, so at the very least going with them should be an option. :3

• agry

agry Orbital Explorer

Went the Abigail route, her Chrono Trigger poster convinced me. A girl who likes CT must be a a good one.
                            [​IMG]
                            Just gave her the flower dance festival hair style and a dress I took from an old sprite. :3
                            (Well, maybe make her arms 1px longer, too)

Last edited: Mar 16, 2016
                              Kittenykat likes this.
                            • Johnny Melano

Johnny Melano Void-Bound Voyager

I was going to marry penny because she was just like a girl i used to love, and just like the real one she was doing anther guy on the side. Even virtual girls cuck me nowadays. Sigh.

• Jumboshrimp

It's just depending on how you interpreted the scene, it has never crossed my mind that it was even sexual, more like platonic friendship, but let's not start this again since the last thread was locked. There are several comments Vincent could also make that also have Penny shut him down.

Tamorr likes this.
                                • Johnny Melano

Johnny Melano Void-Bound Voyager

I know, this is a comfy game and i doubt the dev intended for this shitstorm.

But people who experienced something like this in real life... Well, let's just say it triggered me.

I really need to stop self inserting so deep into my characters.

• Elkeri

Elkeri Lucky Number 13

I married Leah, but now I want to go for Maru, because she would actually leave the house and not stay there all day D:
                                    I feel like I'm holding her hostage.

• Delsin7

Delsin7 Space Spelunker

Well she's goth, likes video games, and wants to go on an adventure. Also dat purple hair. Now we just need to be able to drag her along on a dungeon delve to fight the Hydra of Balmorra.

Also to everyone wanting more personality/marrriage content, ConcernedApe is working on it now. Check his twitter dealy for info and updates.

• nollypop

nollypop Lucky Number 13

currently wooing the dorky dr. harvey, but maybe holding out for grumpy bab shane !! penny would be another choice - but tbh she reminds me of myself - so i'd feel weird marrying her.

• Kittenykat

Kittenykat Big Damn Hero

I'm surprised among the men, Alex is up there. He seems so... shallow, to me. :wut: