[Poll] Who did you marry/plan to marry?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Yusuke Urameshi, Mar 6, 2016.

Tags:
?

Who did you marry/plan to marry?

1. Alex

2. Elliot

3. Harvey

4. Sam

5. Sebastian

6. Abigail

7. Haley

8. Leah

9. Maru

10. Penny

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Neonova

Neonova Big Damn Hero

His 'stache? I find it really fun, but make him look like a pedophile... :s
    Leah is a really good choice, I love her. :)

• Godot

Godot Big Damn Hero

From my experiences in my 2nd game (where my character is female and has 5 hearts with Harvey) he especially seems to be too overprotective.
      Asked me if I go down in the mines.
      And immediately afterwards told me that I shouldn´t go down to the mines, because they can be dangerous

Sounds like the type of person who locks his waifu away into a golden cage, in order to protect her from the bad evil world outside

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I am biased, obvs (married Alex), but I think later Alex gets a lot of character development and emotional vulnerability that is comparable to Sebastian.

And yes I like his looks, so totes shallow here. :rofl:

And I don't think he's that..douchey. More overconfident and hyperfocused, but he's not prone to putting you down or belittling you (looking at you, Haley). It's probably more because he's a caricature of characters who are generally seen as douchey.

I cannot say the same with Haley (4 hearts in and...nope, still two-dimensional), too bad.

I really like Harvey though.

• Jumboshrimp

Jumboshrimp Cosmic Narwhal

He can be a bit condescending, more like the dumb oaf stereotype. He says he would toss football with me but I don't look like the "type", don't remember your name unless you get to high heart level. He's the male version of Haley, and they're both pretty shallow. Even their marriage dialogue is the same, he wants to lift weight to look good for you while Haley wants to put on makeup to look good for you. Yeah, both are pretty vain, arrogant, and condescending. Still, I married Alex, so what does it say about me?

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
          • Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I don't know, I consider Haley much more.....condescending, compared to Alex. I agree that he can be vain and very shallow at first (...oh, sweet, sweet Alex, how I want to mess your gelled hair and stomp your nice shoes with my dirt-slime-blood stained boots......) but AFAIK he hasn't belittled my sweet work in farm like Haley does.

And yes, his "want to work out to look good for you" dialogue is rather...yeh.

But regarding the 'type' for football, well....I consider my character not the football playing type, so it sorta fits. I agree it works differently for other people though.

Or maaaybe I'm just biased, again. Bwahaha.

• Jumboshrimp

In my mind, I thought he means that I'm too scrawny to throw the football around, if I wasn't trying to marry him, I would have asked what he means by that and make the situation awkward. :p

Alex is someone who lives to impress others. He hates his hair but people like it so he keeps it, his motivation for a goal influenced by his family situation and how his dad was jealous of him, he lifts weight to look good and impress you. I find Alex to be a very insecure person, he seeks approval from others, even being a football player may possibly be a way to seek attention and approval. He and Haley are similar but his arrogance steam from his own insecurity and how low he thinks of himself. You can call him stupid and he would agree with you. He doesn't think he could read books. Haley and Alex are both still shallow, but both get a little bit shallow once you get to know them, still, Alex has a reason for his arrogance and shallowness but Haley is pretty much the way she is because she's pretty and popular.

• Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

Yeah, I agree with your analysis. I think he attaches himself to his professional goal as a way to find meaning in his life (in regards to his family).

And despite his claims and his looks, I think he's actually lonely. When you observe him (like I do *cough*), you'll realize that he only hangs with Haley. Penny sometimes sits with Maru (and of course there's the 'Penny and Sam' brouhaha), and Abigail sits with Sam and Sebastian and Leah sometimes sits in the Saloon so presumably she talks with many people there. Elliott also doesn't talk to anyone other than Leah but he -is- a reclusive writer.

But Alex? exercise, hanging around in his house, exercise, looking at Dusty, exercise....and talking with Haley, that's it. He's not even conversing with George and Evelyn.

I like how his later dialogues shows him mellowing out though. I wonder if Haley's will be the same.

• Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Haley's has her entire outlook changed by you. SHe still ends up liking clothes, but realizes there are FAR more important things than appearances, and she comes to really love nature, etc.

It's...rather nice, actually. It'd be interesting if her clothes changed some after marriage to reflect this change in outlook, though. Still "fashionable" but...toned down, maybe? I dunno. :3

Trifoilum likes this.
                  • Gabaw

Gabaw Spaceman Spiff

You ask a fella to throw the ol' pigskin around and he thinks you're into him. This is how I, a straight dude in life and in game, accidentally triggered a small scene with Alex while attempting to romance Penny. After that, I stopped talking to the bachelors entirely in case any of them get the wrong idea. Anyway, managed to get Penny in the end with no further incident.

Like many, I'm left wishing for more candidates. I love the girl to death but damn if I don't want me a MILF sandwich on the side (I'm looking at you, Caroline and Jodi). Marnie is a good choice too, but since I put my favorite thing as "animal cruelty", I don't think we'd hit it off. Funny as hell though every time you pop a stardrop!

• Cider

Cider Ketchup Robot

Wow a lot of people really liked Leah. I figured Abigail or Penny would be the beloved wife of the community when I first played it.

• Jumboshrimp

None of the bachelors/bachelorettes are into you unless you give them the bouquet, it's weird how any game that has gay romance, people assume they're being hit on. Can you refer to a particular scene that show they are interested in you? All of Alex's small scenes are pretty much about telling you his life story, and only the date scene which only triggers if you give him a bouquet to show that you're interested in him.

• Volt392

Volt392 Aquatic Astronaut

I was going to marry Penny but it became winter so I could not buy the pendent. So I have to wait through an entire season to marry her.

• Eternalmyst

Eternalmyst Big Damn Hero

I'm really surprised to see so many Leah votes. I would have guessed Abigail would be the most popular.

Yusuke Urameshi likes this.
                            • snivell

snivell Void-Bound Voyager

I have a massive waifu crush on Abigail. She's best girl tbh.

• Jumboshrimp

Leah would be my second/third choice (between Leah and Harvey). She's nice, assertive, matured, red head, artist, next door neighbor. Her hair is the most detailed and stylish as well, so I'm not surprised. Abigail is cool and all, but I'm not too crazy about hair dye, and still rebellious against her parents. I want a woman, not a girl.

Lanx12 likes this.
                                • Trifoilum

Trifoilum Cosmic Narwhal

I think it's the same with Alex, then. He seems to value being.....DOMESTIC more at 8-10 hearts. And he's still pursuing going pro but not holding it as that much of a priority nowadays. And he's planning to read books!

• Lanx12

Lanx12 Ketchup Robot

I actually choose penny at first but then I went with leah just because of her story. Honest hard working artist escaping a over controlling boyfriend to persue her passions really she was the real girl for me.

Neonova likes this.
                                    • Caudyr

Caudyr Black Hole Surfer

Mmmhmm...Leah ftw. I like all the girls, mind you...but I think Leah is probably the best...though it's really close for all of them, imo. :3

Neonova and Lanx12 like this.
                                      • izzy82

izzy82 Subatomic Cosmonaut

I want to marry Sam now but his hair, just..no. I don't want to give him the wrong gift and have him hit me with a kamehameha. Is there/could there be a request area for character makeovers? I would love Sam to look like Sam Worthington. My Character is modeled after Henry Cavill and I want to ship them together and short out my keyboard with lust-tears. *sigh*

CorraidhĂ­n likes this.
                                        • rhomboid

rhomboid 0118 999 881 99 9119 725... 3

you can make a request thread on the mod subforums :)
                                          or just browse the mods, some of them might be to your liking

izzy82 likes this.