1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

[Poll] The Game Needs a Few Absurd Weapons

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BitHorizon, Dec 27, 2013.

?

Should Starbound have a select few instances of weapons like this?

1. Yes

73.3%
  2. No

20.0%
  3. Maybe

6.7%
  1. BitHorizon

BitHorizon Ketchup Robot

So I was bored earlier today. I pushed out an update for my StarSide 2 mod and then proceeded to work on the craziest weapon I could feasibly make in Starbound. This is the first thing that came to mind:
    http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/dual-plasma-bullpup-sniper-flamethrowers.671/

Then I realized that I have never seen a weapon this silly in the game.

I'm not saying that the game should go ham and have "s00per randumb lel may-may git troleleleled slashers" in it, but I'd like to find or craft something at rare occasions that makes me laugh childishly at its break from the monotonous generic sword or useless gun.

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

I hope this very thing gets provided by those who bought the 'Get to make a Weapon for Starbound' Tier. :)

3. leo1357

leo1357 Poptop Tamer

as long as they aren't super OP then def yes

4. SeaJay

SeaJay Space Kumquat

5. XaoG

XaoG Ketchup Robot

I would really like to see extremely absurd weapons be produced naturally by the weapon generation on occasion.

Axe Garian likes this.
  6. Rysir

Rysir Void-Bound Voyager

Pretty sure we already got absurd weapons,

Grenade launcher that fires pigs with dynamite strapped to them, Pistols that fire rockets which eject bullets out of said rocket, etc. This game is almost competing against the Worms series in strange weapons at times.

Axe Garian likes this.