Modding Discussion Pokemon Retextures List

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Volpe, Mar 22, 2016.

1. Neverdusk

Neverdusk Intergalactic Tourist

These are incredible, thank you for them! Any chance for a Charmander and/or Bulbasaur sprite for the dinosaur? That would be so adorable and awesome!

• bulbaswat

bulbaswat Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I looked into doing a Bulbasaur for a dino, but the sprite I had was too big, and I still haven't reached a point where I'd be comfortable doing a custom bulbasaur sprites to use for it. I'm guessing I would have the same problem with Charmander I'm afraid. But hopefully someone else more skilled can take it on, and if necessary, I could do it one day maybe when I'm better at spriting.

I was even gonna try Bulbasaur for a pet mod, but the sprites I use have it jumping over three frames, which I can't make fit right into four frames. I was able to do it with Poochyena, because it had a sprite I could use for a frame in between the jump and the landing sprites, but Bulbasaur doesn't seem to have something I could use like that. I do hope to do it one day though, or at the very least Ivysaur.

Neverdusk likes this.
      • Kiakakash

Kiakakash Orbital Explorer

What sprites have you used, like what games? I like the ones from the mystery dungeon series (specifically explorers of time/darkness/sky), but there are also the overworld sprites from HeartGold/SoulSilver. The latter tend to be smaller, from what I've seen.

Neverdusk likes this.
        • bulbaswat

I used the ones from mystery dungeon, but you make a good point about the HGSS overworlds. I'll try that when I'm done with what I'm currently working on.

Edit: Just finished the project I was working on. I have now added this Poochyena gen 2 devamp to my thread here. I have made two versions of icons for this one, the actual poochyena icon devamped to gen 2 colours, and one using the gen 2 party sprite that I think Poochyena might have had if it were in those games. It also has a shiny version.
          upload_2016-4-11_18-16-29.png upload_2016-4-11_18-16-54.png

There are previews of the two icon styles on my thread. Incase you don't know what a devamp is, in this situation, it's taking a pokemon sprite and editing it to match an older style, in this case gen 2.

Please let me know on my thread what you think of it. I'm always looking for feedback, especially on this one.

Another Edit: Just tried the HGSS overworlds, and sadly even those were too big. I may come back to this someday though once I'm capable of spriting better, and I could try and make my own, smaller version of that to use.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2016
            XaviiKinz and Neverdusk like this.
          • Volpe

Volpe Astral Cartographer

Updated

• Volpe

Did another update and added bulbaswat devamp of poochyena.

• Lyrina25

Lyrina25 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Any chance someone can do a Typhlosion for the horse and Liepard for cat?

• Irow

Irow Aquatic Astronaut

Hi, i just finished making these retextures, can you add them to the list please?
                  i also linked this thread on my file description ^^

I can't link the nexus site for some reason, but just put this in the end of the address :p

stardewvalley/mods/325/?

• bulbaswat

I like your Swirlix sprites. Did you make them yourself?

• Irow

Irow Aquatic Astronaut

bulbaswat likes this.
                    • Volpe

Updated part 1. I added Irow's cows and I ran out of time to add the other stuff they did. I'll do that tonight or tomorrow.

• Irow

Irow Aquatic Astronaut

Thanks ^_^

• Volpe

What I meant to say was that I would do part 2 of Irow's stuff on Friday night. Haha

Irow likes this.
                          • Volpe

I haven't come across any new pokemon mobs for a while. Has anyone else seen or made any pokemon related stuff that needs to get added to the list?

• bulbaswat

I don't think I have, but I haven't been actively seeking it. I'll likely do some more when/if I get my computer working again. Before the crash I was working on a vaporeon and have plans to try the other eeveelutions as well.

• Karalius465

Karalius465 Void-Bound Voyager

I haven't seen any new ones in a bit either. I was just thinking of requesting a Rowlet as a pet replacer.

• Kiakakash

Kiakakash Orbital Explorer

Rowlet chickens would be so cute! I might try once I actually have free time, which won't be until June...

• foghorn

foghorn Pangalactic Porcupine

XaviiKinz likes this.
                                  • Yazza

Yazza Aquatic Astronaut

it seems to have lost a bit of steam, to bad. i was hoping it would go in a complete pokemon world direction.
                                    Farming to keep the pokemarts stocked.
                                    Apricorn trees that give you apricorn you need to turn into pokeballs with machines.
                                    Ingredients for heals, repels, etc, maybe even cook em up in the kitchen/lab
                                    mine the mines for elemental stones
                                    maybe even be the day care person as soon as you get a spouse and take care of random peoples pokemon.
                                    festivals where trainers from over all hte world come to battle and you could set up a booth with you product.
                                    teamrocket jojo mart
                                    berries to turn into pokecubes

apart from the pokemon animals and normal crops/trees wich would also be there
                                    a real pokemon farmer game, no training. would be cool

• Volpe

Updated.
                                      Added a cat and foghorn's fish