REQUEST Pokémon Trainer Outfits?

Discussion in 'Mods' started by Drakedin, Mar 11, 2016.

1. Drakedin

Drakedin Void-Bound Voyager

Hi. This may seem like a bit of a stretch for a request but is there any way a modder can change some of the clothing styles to look like the Pokémon trainers from the different games?

It would be really cool.

• LeafeonTea

LeafeonTea Space Hobo

• Drakedin

• ChaosCodex

ChaosCodex Void-Bound Voyager

I agree! I might be able to work on some basic sprites using references from Gens 2-5 this weekend. Let's see if I can!

SPEEDY EDIT: I'm going to try my hand with Gym Leaders (Gens 2-5), the Hero/Heroine (Gens 3-4), and MAYBE some junior trainers (Gens 3 and 4). Tell me what you'd like more!

Last edited: Mar 12, 2016
      • ChaosCodex

Okay, so I've been looking over the sprite sheets from Stardew Valley and comparing them with the sprite sheets from Gens 3 through 5, and I have found that the closest resolution would be the Gen 5 sprites. However, there are massive differences in the art style, as well as the actual sprite sizes and shapes. Of course, I can work with these differences, but it'll take a while. If anyone here has any ideas, or wants to help me/give me suggestions, PM me or post below. I'll make a sample sprite today and try and post it here either tomorrow or Monday. Until then, Chaos OUT!

• LeafeonTea

LeafeonTea Space Hobo

WOOO! SO cool! :DDDD Good luck, Chaos!

• ChaosCodex

Okay! I just finished my first sprite! She's only a test, so the next few will be better. The first one is mine, and the second one was the focus. She's the female Ace Trainer from Pokemon Hear Gold and Soul Silver. Again, she's only a test, so I only made one of the many sprites in the group. Finally, the last group of sprites is the original group from the game. I used the first frame, which means the first sprite on the upper left. So, I leave the judging and constructive criticism to you, my friends. Until tomorrow, this is Chaos, signing off for the night!

Attached Files:

nprudym likes this.
            • LeafeonTea

LeafeonTea Space Hobo

Really cool! Looks pretty close, the only thing I'd have to criticize is the hair being too "round" wrapping around the head. But looks really really really good! The shirt is sooooo spot on :>

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
              • nprudym

nprudym Void-Bound Voyager

Oh my. I didn't even know I wanted this. This is amazing! I'll be following this thread very closely :D

• ChaosCodex

I've redone the test sprite. I kinda like it better, now that the hair doesn't wrap around so much. :Cheers:

ANOTHER speedy edit: Just realized I didn't say what sprite I'm going to do next! It'll either be the male hero from HGSS or a gym leader from DPP. I'm not going to say which leader - that's a surprise!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Mar 13, 2016
                  • LeafeonTea

LeafeonTea Space Hobo

Looks great!!!! :DDD

• faiznabiel

faiznabiel Orbital Explorer

I want my farmer like Red

• ChaosCodex

Faiznabel, that's not a problem! I can do that. Now, are we talking about Red from Pokemon Origins, or Red from the games?

• Drakedin

I would say you should start with the Red from the games.

Hopefully we can get all the trainers down. ^^

• ChaosCodex

Then that's next! Red it is! I'll try and complete the sprite by Wednesday. Here's to luck! Chaos OUT!

ANOTHER speedy edit: I might make a new thread for suggestions soon! Be on the lookout for that!

• Drakedin

Sure sure!

• ChaosCodex

If a moderator could help me out with this, I'd like to know if I'm allowed to link a suggestion thread to this one. I think it would be easier to do that then keep telling not to make suggestions here. I'll still update here for Drakedin, LeafeonTea, and faiznabiel, but the rest of the suggestions should (and must) go to the suggestion thread I'm going to make.

• ChaosCodex