Pokémon Hub

Discussion in 'Games' started by Waffle-Chan, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Which Pokémon generation was your first?

1. Gen 1

45.0%
  2. Gen 2

8.3%
  3. Gen 3

21.7%
  4. Gen 4

15.0%
  5. Gen 5

10.0%
  6. Gen 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gen 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I voiced an opinion. Im sorry but whats the harm in that?

2. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

I just remembered something about today. Today was the day the Nintendo game Splatoon hosted a Pokemon themed event, it was three years ago now. This event is a monthly event known as a Splatfest. In this event players have to chose one of two sides, and then they would battle to determine which side is better. The teams were Pokemon Red versus Pokemon Blue (or Pokemon Red versus Pokemon Green if you played in Japan). The Splatfest was to celebrate the 20th annaversary of Pokemon. It was also special because this was the very first global Splatfest, where the players of North America, Europe, and Asia were all tallied up (normally the splatfests are separate from region to region) The winning team is determined by Popularity, Wins, and a point system that is based on both; best out of three wins. Pokemon Red may have been the more popular choice but the fans of Pokemon blue (or green) battled fiercely and won more battles and points. Go team Pokemon Blue! (I thought this would be a fun fact to share to liven up the Poke-hub a little)

Also happy Mardi Gras!

3. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

Oh, yeah, I actually forgot about that! I missed all of the Splatfests for the first game, but I certainly would have backed Pokemon Blue if I got the chance. Much as I love dragons (if you call Charizard a dragon, what with its typing- I do), and even if Callie's my preferred Squid Sister (she was Red, right?), Blue was the first game in the series I played and possibly the first game I ever played in general, so there's no way I would have not gone for that.

That was a pretty nice reminder, though, thanks!

And likewise!

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  4. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Like they point out in Splatoon; even if you choose Blue you can still get Charizard, but you can only catch Vulpix in Blue version. Personally I am just blue through and through (pardon the horrible rhyme) I prefer Vulpix and Blastoise.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  5. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Yep, I suppose. Though now that you bring up the starters, considering that Venusaur's my favourite grass-type and Green replaces Blue in Japan, I guess that's another reason for Blue.

I definitely understand backing Blue for Vulpix, though. Ninetales is a great Pokemon, even if it doesn't have as much power now (unless it has Drought, I assume). Beautiful shiny, too.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  6. Jake9039

Jake9039 Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi! I just got to this Pokemon hub, but I have something to say. my first(and favorite) video game(of all time) is Pokemon sapphire, for the game boy advanced. I would play it all day and night before I had to get rid of it... however, I still occasionally try to download emulators, but it's just not the same as my origional lava skinned light blue nintendo DS(yes, I remember it exactly) that I would use. when I got pokemon diamond, I immediatly moved my prized swampert over(I litterally only used him, a lotad, and an absol I wasted the masterball on because I thought there was only one after watching the pokemon movie that had jerachi) I managed to catch kyogre, but that really didnt work out too well because it was level 20 and it just didnt work. I tried finding emulators recently and I am unable to find any. does anybody have any idea as to how to emulate this game again?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  7. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Hey guys! The new wave of legenderies is out, and this time we have Regi and Heatran!

Lorekeeper of Wyverns likes this.
  8. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Gotta say, cool as Regigigas is lore-wise, whoever gets Heatran gets the better deal as far as I'm concerned.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  9. Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

I feel like I remember reading that post a while back on another forum or discord. Might have been smogon or some other one can't remember exactly. :nope:

PS. @Hel if you're ever up for a battle on Pokemon Showdown regardless of what generation it is - I'm up for a battle :DD

Hel likes this.
  10. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I spent a good half hour or so writing those out every day.

Edit: “Similar false memories are sometimes shared by multiple people.[26][27] One such false memory is that the name of the Berenstain Bears was once spelled Berenstein.[28][29]Another example is false memories of a 1990s movie titled Shazaam starring the comedian Sinbad as a genie; such false memories may be the product of a confluence of factors, such as a performer wearing a genie costume during a TV presentation of Sinbad the Sailor movies in 1994,[26][30] and a similarly named 1996 film Kazaam featuring a genie played by Shaquille O'Neal.[26]

A 2010 study examined people who were familiar with the clock at Bologna Centrale railway station, which had been damaged in the Bologna massacre in August 1980. In the study, 92% falsely remembered that the clock had remained stopped since the bombing; in fact, the clock was repaired shortly after the attack but was again stopped 16 years later as a symbolic commemoration.[27]

In 2010 this phenomenon was dubbed the ‘Mandela Effect’ in reference to false memories of the death of South African leader Nelson Mandela in the 1980s (when in fact, he died in December 2013).[31] Most commentators say that these false memories are shaped by similar factors affecting multiple people,[32][33][26][34][29][35][36] such as social reinforcement of incorrect memories,[37][38] or false news reports and misleading photographs influencing the formation of memories based on them.[39][38]

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 27, 2018
  11. Bamboozler

Bamboozler Space Penguin Leader

I'd love to meet Thor and see their artwork.

12. Jim Witness

Jim Witness Subatomic Cosmonaut

A quick and dumb question:
    Are non-existent dream idea Pokémon allowed to be put on this thread, or just the canon (Gamefreak-designed) only?
    Again, please excuse the moronic question. I think I already know the answer (No non-canon designs!) but IF I am allowed to put up my ideal Pokémon design, I will gladly do so.

Yours sincerely,
    Jim.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  13. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

You can totally post it! This thread is for all things Pokémon!

14. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Did you know that when designing Pokemon for new generations the artists actually have a sort of "Criteria of Pokemonness" for concepts. It is basically a set of guidelines for artists as to what makes their concepts "Proper Pokemon". Even if a concept fits these criteria though the concept may not actually make it as a Pokemon in the game still. For all intents and purposes, anyone of us could make what could be considered an "Official Pokemon."

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  15. Jim Witness

Types: Steel and Ice
    Ability: Sturdy
    HP: One point maximum!
    Moveset: Splash, Safeguard, Flash, Double Team, all gained at level 1 and regained (if missing from moveset) every four levels thereafter.
    Can't learn any other moves by any means. This might actually be a good thing.
    Stats (other than HP):
    If it moved any slower, it might just as well be a statue, short of being truant. In short, the exact opposite of a Speed Deoxys, with 31 HV and 252 EV, at level 100.
    The Def and Atk (both physical and special) are also at rock-bottom. No point, really, seeing as it has no direct attacks.
    A summary: It is futile to train anything but speed, as it has no direct attacks, and can't possibly be damaged by any weather effect or direct attack, unless Mold Breaker is in effect or a status effect is used.

I have not given a name to this non-existent species of Pokémon. Tell me what you guys think!

A (perhaps unoriginal) idea by
    Jim.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
    Waffle-Chan likes this.
  16. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

While it's not my favourite overall, I have to agree that Swampert's great. It's always been a favourite of mine, and probably my favourite starter evolution aside from Venusaur.

17. Big Blue Bird

Big Blue Bird Astral Cartographer

Let me guess... *The smiley trash bag?

18. Jim Witness

I actually came up with the Pokémon before I took up an avatar. I didn't have either the ghost or the skeleton back when I came up with it.
    I never gave the species a name because I know the community at large will come up with a better name than I will ever come up with in a quarter-century.

Can you guess what my pokemon's strategy for winning a battle is?
    Please reconfirm spoiler button. Bud pun ahead.
    FINAL WARNING!
    Sans- bagging. ^_^

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
  19. Serenity

Serenity The Waste of Time

20. theflamingchuthulu

theflamingchuthulu Big Damn Hero

I was considering using a pokemon as an avatar. Might use thet sometime.
    Treeko, Grovile, and Sceptile have always been some of my favs regarding starters. Me and Hel have a starter in common. . .
    I'd also like to include Electabuzz, Scyther and Cabutops. Rayquaza is awsome. I really like another one but it's name ain't coming.
    -Five minute pause with a scrunched brow and heavy remarkably loud breathing-
    Genesect! That was the other! Also I can't help but feel that kabutops was the great ancestor, non-robotic genesect being the second ancestor and scyther being the result.
    I spend too much time on spec bio. :p