Pokémon Hub

Discussion in 'Games' started by Waffle-Chan, Jan 10, 2018.

?

Which Pokémon generation was your first?

1. Gen 1

45.0%
  2. Gen 2

8.3%
  3. Gen 3

21.7%
  4. Gen 4

15.0%
  5. Gen 5

10.0%
  6. Gen 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Gen 7

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2018
  2. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Brand new legendary Pokémon will be released this year starting in February!

Also, Smogon will have another event tomorrow!

3. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

It'll be good to finally get shiny Zygarde! I don't know why it wasn't released alongside Xerneas and Yveltal, but I suppose there must be some reasoning for it.

On another note, anyone else picked up Crystal on the eShop yet? I've got it and started playing it myself. Just defeated Whitney with a team of Quilava, Pidgeotto, Heracross and Snubbull.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  4. Hel

Hel ✨ Johto's Finest ✨ Forum Moderator

I will buy Crystal eventually. But Im playing TPP modded Pokemon Crystal. Too hooked on that rn

5. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

This month, please go down to your local GameStop or EBGames and pick up between 1-4 Dialga/Palkia tickets. If you have Sun version, you will receive a level 60 Palkia. If you have. Moon version, you will receive a level 60 Dialga. Clearly, USUM gets the most when compared to SM, as they get a level 100 Dialga in Ultra Moon that’s holding a Golden Bottlecap, and a level 100 Palkia that’s holding a Golden Bottlecap in Ultra Sun.

Pokémon of the week is...

Latias! Latias is one of the two Eon Pokémon. Latias has incredible Sp.Def, and really good Sp. Atk and Speed. It does great with it and Latios’ item, the Soul Dew, or something as simple with a Life Orb or Leftovers. With 110 speed, you’re clearly gonna want to train it in speed! Some good moves to put on this Pokémon are; Roost, Calm Mind, Thunderbolt, Surf, Psyshock, Ice Beam, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Breath, Heal Pulse, Draco Meteor, Defog, and Energy Ball. Keep in mind that although Latias’ stats are more geared towards Special Attack, Physical Attack sets are also available and are great to run too.

Latias @ Dragonium Z
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
    Timid Nature
    - Calm Mind
    - Draco Meteor
    - Psychic
    - Recover

Last weekend, as Smogon’s weekly giveaway, Smogon gave out a shiny Serperior! This Pokémon ran its Contrary set with leftovers. If you weren’t looking to battle with this shiny green ‘mon, you can use it for breeding to pass on its hidden ability or its IVs.
    Please keep in mind that Smogon.com gives away Pokémon every weekend on Saturdays (for the U.S). To enter, all you have to do is submit a Staryu named SmogonU to the GTS, and set the restrictions and the Pokémon you’re searching for as instructed. For example, last week you had to set it to look for a Serperior, have the gender set as male, and have the level at 91 or higher. If you don’t receive the Pokémon after 1-3 hours, refresh it by taking it out and place it back in again. Please keep in mind that you have to set the search again if you do this (IIRC).

This concludes the news for this week and last’s. I’m Waffle, and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this! Come back next week for more news!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2018
  6. Hel

I still want that battle. Johto vs. Sinnoh q.q

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  7. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Come to Gen 7 or Pokemon Showdown (of course, we can only use the pokemon we have in the actual games) and I'll do it. Otherwise, nope ;3

8. Hel

I dont like Generation 7 too much.

Sure I guess I can whip up a quick team which I use in Gen6. But no Gen 7's. I can set up a Gen6 team battle now if you want? and if you'll be like 5 minutes

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  9. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Well, now I feel bad. Hel beat me using bad RNG, Sleep Clause, Chatot constantly confusing everything, and a Porygon-Z which I was unprepared for. Didn't help that she also saw my team.

Basically, I quit. I know she'll probably make a post bellow saying how I'm being such a baby, and how I lost so bad. I guess I'll just work on Pokemon news from now on...

10. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Generation Seven was pretty interesting with their Pokemon additions. It seemed like they were focusing most on bringing a larger variety to to competitive battling. I think that they actually have made it difficult or even impossible to to get certain Mega Stones just to make a change to the battle style.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  11. Palicence

Palicence Void-Bound Voyager

Actually in Pokémon Ultra sun/moon you can now get all of them, even the ones for the legendries.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  12. Hel

My Pokemon are great. The movesets of them covered nearly everything you had. And the stat boosts meant I could 1 hit with regular effective moves.

My Porygon can 1 hit KO a Blissey with Tri Attack if done right.

13. Sparklink

Sparklink Ketchup Robot

Oh, you can? I have been slow about completing Ultra Sun, I only recently completed the game. I need to go hunt those down.

I just recently completed the part with team Rainbow Rocket and I loved it. I was really amused by the colorful red, blue, green, and yellow color scheme. The music that played during the battles with the grunts was a great remix of the original Team Rocket battle theme. The grunts themselves reflected the older art styles to a tee without seeming out of place in a new game. I noticed that their teams were comprised only of Pokemon like Fearow, Arbok, Haunter, Golbat, Raticate, and the occasional Hypno. They went crazy with the detail because the Pokemons' moves were strictly Generation 1, you did not even see moves like Crunch on Golbat because Crunch was added in Generation 2. The Team Rocket Lair even had warp tile mazes and watching Meowth statues.

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  14. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Hello everyone, and thank you for reading me previous post about the news. Today we actually have some really interesting subjects...

Let’s start off with a fact all you generation 7 players might not have known; It’s actually possible to find a Golden Bottlecap through Poke Pelago! That’s right, that incredibly elusive and exclusive item that maxes out all your Pokémon’s IVs is possible to obtain in normal gameplay! Simply just have the maxed out Mining Isle, and make your Pokémon search for rare items. Although this is very rare to find, it is totally worth it if you aren’t into breeding, but want your Pokémon to be the best. Happy hunting~!

More information on Latías today! Did you know this red dragon can actually communicate through telepathy and in fact understand human speech? Did you know there are actually more than one Latias, and that they in fact stay in herds? Did you know this Pokémon can actually reflect the light to make itself invisible?! Truly, this flying beast is a legend, both in battle and in lore.

This week we’ll be hosting a little-known artist that goes by the name Thor. He’ll be drawing the red Eon Pokémon, Latias! Check back later for his information, points of contact, and the amazing picture!

For those of you playing generation 7, I’ll be more than happy to battle you this Saturday and Sunday for a gym challenge! This will be a light and friendly battle centered on just having fun. If you’re interested, please DM me on Discord (Waffle The Kitty#7987). There may or may not be a prize ;3

This concludes our micro-news post. I’m Waffle, the Grass type Gym-Leader, and I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this! Come back soon for more Pokémon related news!

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 7, 2018
    Lorekeeper of Wyverns likes this.
  15. Lorekeeper of Wyverns

Lorekeeper of Wyverns Void-Bound Voyager

That's pretty good to know, actually, thanks! I'm more of a breeder, but if I hatch a shiny or something with less-than-ideal IVs, it'll be good to be able to potentially get a bottle cap to fix it. Though come to think of it, I haven't done much with the more competitive side in a few years, so maybe it won't be helpful to me... but hey. Still great to know!

I should find an excuse to use Latias sometime. I always preferred it to Latios, despite my favourite colour being blue, but of course, I always pick the game that gives me Latios. Not that I don't like Latios, of course- I've been liking it a lot more ever since using one named Shiranui in a cancelled OR Nuzlocke. May have been cheap, but I enjoyed how he worked. Still, I think I'll always prefer Latias.

I'd consider it, but I don't use Discord, so... good luck, then? (Also, good taste in type. Grass-types are fantastic.)

Though speaking of legendaries, I have to ask. I'm not really sure how to phrase this, but does anyone feel like even if you do like them, because they're so elusive and you never get a chance to use them, you never tend to appreciate them as much as other Pokemon? For instance, Rayquaza and Cobalion are some of my most nostalgic Pokemon, but despite that, they don't come even close to being my favourites. The only one I really feel like I love and appreciate is Raikou (which, thinking about it, I'd say would actually be my favourite Pokemon if it wasn't for Simisear). Is it just me, or does anyone else feel this way about them?

Waffle-Chan likes this.
  16. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Good morning everyone! Some great subjects today!

A brand new Global Mission started yesterday, and this time the goal is to get 30,000,000 Pokébean! If we’re able to succeed, everyone who has a Global Link account linked to their game will recover 4,000 FC (to be used in the Festival Plaza), and those without will receive 2,000 FC. If we’re unable to reach the goal, people who participated and have their game linked will receive 2,000 FC, and those who don’t will get 1,000. Good luck everyone~!

Yesterday was in fact Mewtwo’s birthday, February 6th! In retrospect, I should’ve made them the Pokémon of the week X3

An update for USUM dropped yesterday, and it fixed some game-breaking glitched. Sometimes, when Curse, Forest’s Curse, Power Trick, and String Shot were used, it’d freeze the game and cause it to crash.

Sadly, Thor still hasn’t submitted his artwork, so I’ll just post it when I get it!

Just a short little fact. Smeargle has been moved down to PU

Sorry for so many small sections, nothing too big happened yesterday. This concludes our micro-news post. I’m Waffle, the Grass type Gym-Leader, and I hope you enjoyed reading this! Come back soon for more Pokémon related news!

17. Hel

I can tell the news is copy pasted cus nearly all of it dont make much sence tbh

Whos thor and their artwork

18. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

Not like I actually spent the time to write it out or anything

EDIT: If you’re just going to needlessly hate on me and what I do for fun, please don’t post or be active in this thread

19. Hel

Im doing nothing of the sort. It actually hurts you think I am really.

I was wondering who that guy is, the tone does feel like its copy pasted. But lashing out in sarcasm dont help anyone. If im wrong, say im wrong, and move on.

Wheres this come from?

20. Waffle-Chan

Waffle-Chan Guest

I’m willing to make a formal complaint. Please stop, I am trying to avoid conflict.