RP Pocket Watch (Chapter 5: Latin Love)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Immortal Trance, Nov 5, 2015.

1. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

At his words, Elise looks Kotoka directly in the face, which she has to step back to do, considering his height. "Wait, did you just say that Slayde isn't in the rebellion? But in the alleyway... And what if..." Elise's neurons fired, making connections that only someone with an advanced knowledge of how stories work would be able to notice. "Back when I woke up today, a short man called Slayde took a group of us aside and asked us to join the rebellion. Are you sure there is no Slayde in your group? Because if there isn't some people I left behind are in trouble."

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Alkanthe likes this.
  2. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Benjamin slowly got up from his chair and started walking outside. "I think...I think I need some fresh...air..."
    Benjamin was panicking. He knew they shouldn't be trusted, why did he follow them?

Because you're lonely.

Pushing these thoughts out of his head, he continued to try to get outside, away from them. They must have drugged his food, or something equally sinister.

3. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

"Is... this part of the process?" Nova demands, seeing the large man also affected by the same dizziness she had. She'd assumed it was just a side effect of her extended time as a popsicle, and wasn't going to mention it, but...

4. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

"It's best not to meddle in the affairs of others. The people you left are probably fine." He assured Elise.

----------

The group falls to the ground. Their vision now blurry. It was a fight just to move at this point. Slayde made sure Ben didn't fall outside though.

He swerved him back into the cafe and assured to the people passing by that he was drunk.

Sleep darlings~

----------

CHAPTER 1: A FRACTION ~ Finished

CHAPTER 2: WAKE ME UP ~ BEGINS NOW!!!!

Apathy Applied, Jaylor and Alkanthe like this.
  5. DustyScabbard

"I, well, it still would be good to check. Come on, dog boy." Elise walks back out to the street, despite not knowing where the group may have gone. She turns to around to look at Kotoka, with a sheepish look on her face. "Hey...would it be possible for you to you know, follow their scent or something?"

Jaylor likes this.
  6. Immortal Trance

He showed no affect to Elise calling him dog boy. "I could follow them in my dog form but you have no scent of them, I could try."

He walks into the girls bathroom since he saw no one go in. He then walks out of the bathroom as a husky. He nods and sniffs Elise.

Ears perched and nose wide, we are going on a journey!

They walked down a few scary parts of the slums. Who knew how far they actually were from them. They could in the Inner Sanctum for all they knew, but they were going in the opposite direction so that was unlikely. Who knew where they would go!

7. DustyScabbard

While trapsing through one part of the district, Elise recognizes the entrance to the pods set in the earth below. Kneeling down next to Kotoka, she whispers in his ear. "That's the entrance to the cyrochambers. The alleyway we all stepped into should be around here somewhere." Sure enough, after remembering the path the small group had taken out into the slums, Elise leads Kotoka to the correct alleyway. There is a dried spatter of blood on the concrete where the guard had been slain earlier, which made Elise's stomach roll. "Do you think you could grab a scent here? There was one guy, in a jumpsuit, he smelled like he hadn't showered in years, and I mean before signing up for the experiment."

Alkanthe and Immortal Trance like this.
  8. Immortal Trance

Kotoka sniffs the air once again. He then shakes his head and turns around. For a strange reason he heads back towards the warehouse.

@Apathy Applied A person was standing outside the warehouse. People were waiting for their surgeries, they had probably gotten the whole speal on what this place was and how pocket watches work. Why was Kotoka so drawn towards this one person. He could have picked anyone else but he didn't, maybe it was the worried look on his face. Kotoka tugged on the persons prosthetic arm.

----------

@Jaylor Benjamin woke up, he was strapped into a chair. The room around him was dark aside from a light that was shining around him from above. There was a pocket watch on a metal table next to him along with a syringe next to it.

9. DustyScabbard

Elise runs after Kotoka to find him bothering this strange person. "Hey, Kotoka, what are you doing?" She looks up at the rough-looking man apologetically. "Sorry about this. My, uh, dog has some weird tendencies." Noticing his odd style of clothing along with all the other people in the line, Elise becomes more wary of her location. Several Trif-Tech guards were standing about, watching as the line proceeded into the warehouse. "Uh, are you one of the people from the experiment? What's this line for?"

Immortal Trance and Alkanthe like this.
  10. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Fuck.

That was all Benjamin could think. Well, that and a few other obscenities. He could only hope that he wasn't going to be made into a human bomb.

But there was always the possibility.

Mind racing, he struggled and squirmed against the bindings keeping him held down to the chair.

Fuck.

Alkanthe likes this.
  11. Immortal Trance

A door opened and a light peaked into the room which exposed its true griminess. A dark tall figure appeared in the door.

The door was then closed.

The floor must have been metal because every step the figure took made a loud clunk which reverberated inside his head. He then approached the table. Ben was still weary and couldn't make out the entirety of the figure. "Its a shame the drugs didn't work too well. Now this is going to be pretty painful." The voice revealed his gender as a male. Dark fingers sprawled over the syringe and he picked it up.

The syringe was now out of its package. He approached Benjamin and placed the Syringe in his arm and took out some blood.

Alkanthe likes this.
  12. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Fuck.

Benjamin had needles stabbed into him before, but atleast then then they had given him painkillers. This hurt. A lot. We're they using a rusty needle or something? He had to remain strong, though. He steeled himself for whatever would be coming next. He just wanted to leave, to go and be away from everyone again.

I should have seen this coming. People were assholes in the past, and they're assholes now.

13. Immortal Trance

The needle was pulled out of his arm. Blood started to flow from the small wound already. "Now for my favorite part." A laugh escaped his mouth.

Fingers once again reached the metal table. This time they took the pocket watch. It was almost translucent, why would a pocket watch be translucent? The needle was put into the pocket watch and blood red started to overcome to translucence. The man then exited the room.

About one minute later of nothing the pocket watch started to move. It seemed like something tried to escape it. Benjamin started to feel a sharp pain in his heart. Then it stopped. Was it already over?

Nope.

His blood started to burn, he wanted his blood out. He wanted to scratch his body apart. It felt like his blood was beginning to boil. Benjamin started hallucinating. he saw things from his past and some things that were recent, like Slayde, and the cafe.

But two images were reoccurring. A rapier, and a some sort of spider. The flashes and hallucinations kept going and going. He thought it wouldn't end until it actually did end. Sweat rolled down his body like boulders down a cliff. He looked at the Pocket watch on the table.

It was flipped over and its color was changed. Silver, it was silver, and there was... a sword on the back...

Jaylor, DustyScabbard and Alkanthe like this.
  14. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Benjamin starts breathing deeply, trying to calm himself. Weakly, he looks up across the room and asks; "Can...Can I go now...?"

15. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

So far today nothing has made sense. The last image he could muster from, what he thought to be, last night was the bottom of an empty bottle and the bottom of his empty wallet. Anything beyond that was like a faded picture left out on a dreary wet night. He would have expected to wake up at the bar, maybe even in some gutter. Instead, he found him self in what looked like another empty bottle. So far the story of his life.

Eventually John was able to come to his senses and exit his pod, but locked in his mind he was mute to what was going on around him. He began to try and piece together what was going on. "Am I dreaming? Was I drugged? Maybe the bartender slipped me something while I wasn't looking..." Still trapped in thought he began to absentmindedly follow the crowd of people making their way to a set of double doors. The crowd was stopped by a man and what looked like two security guards.

"Alright everyone! We're going to try and make this quick so just bare with me..." The man explained where they where, when they where, and all that other exposition.

This only left John with more questions, and possibly even more problems. Just then he felt a tug on his arm.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2015
    Immortal Trance, Jaylor and Alkanthe like this.
  16. Immortal Trance

The door opens. A different figure enters the room with another syringe in hand. They didn't say anything.

The figure injected Ben with the syringe, this pain was nothing compared to earlier. Slowly but surely Ben fell asleep once again.

----------

@Jaylor @Miss Alkane @FactoringZettaShonic

The three wake up in the same alley way were they encountered Sandra. Each having experienced the same horrible experience, they were now rewarded with a pocket watch that was neatly placed on their person.

Talk about a one night stand...

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

"Almost as bad as the crows in the lab."

Jaylor likes this.
  18. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Benjamin sits up, rubbing his temples. Trying to recall what just happened, he figured the two people next to him must be others from the experiment, and that awful surgery. He shudders just thinking about the needles, his blood boiling, and the watch.

"I guess that was a yes, then."

Benjamin would stand up and lean against a wall, waiting for the others to come to.

19. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Nope. is the first thought in Nova's mind as she realizes where she is. A guard found her here once, one will certainly find her again. She looks around and spots that tall man from that restaurant standing nearby. He looks as awful as she feels.
    "I might as well ask who the heck you are," Nova asks the man as she also stands up.

20. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

"Benjamin."
    With that, he pulls his watch out and begins examining it. It seemed very...familiar to him. Like he had it before the experiment. It was odd.