RP Pocket Watch (Chapter 5: Latin Love)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Immortal Trance, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Nova, too, is mainly at a loss for words. Yet, there doesn't seem to be any doubt in her mind as to what to do, with a gun being pointed awfully near her and with her preexisting convictions. She hears the other purple-haired girl ask her in a whisper what to do... Well, she knows what to say now! "Do?" She whispers back. "There's only one thing to do." And then she speaks up.
    "Ma'am! It's not his fault... I wanted to, y'know... look around a little. Just... see what all had changed. I didn't know..." The hesitation in her words is genuine. She's making this up on the spot, and she hasn't got any special talent for acting.

2. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

Nova true to persuade the Trifarious-Tech guard.

ROLL: 99

It failed. The guard looked at Nova. "I didn't ask you, and its another thing to blatantly lie to me." She places her finger on the trigger and is about to make the shot. "I'm sic-" The guard freezes.

A sharp metal grinding onto metal noise is heard.

Through the blood bow trying to escape the wound you could see what seemed like a wooden staff.

A long haired girl then towered over the guard when she stood up. She then took out the staff and the body of the guard fell onto the ground. You could still hear like gasps for air.

"En garde, Trifarious-Trash, or at least I think its en garde..."

A woman stood in place if the guard. Her hair was a dark red, closer to blood, the sun made it look almost magenta in some angles. Her hair went past her back towards her legs. She had a slightly bigger frame, but it made her beautiful.

Slayde looked in horror, but what the others would see next was worse.

When she was down with her weapon she closed her eyes for a moment and it practically dissolved. Then around her arm was a blood red pocket watch. She then slipped it into her pocket quickly and placed her hands on her hips.

She then looked around for anymore Trifarious-Tech guards.

3. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

"WHAT THE FAK!"

Immortal Trance likes this.
  4. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Nova is frozen. That... was an awful mistake. And now, seeing the guard killed before her eyes... She's willing enough to follow this lady or whoever asks, too shocked to trust her own judgment for now.

5. Immortal Trance

The guards body slowly disintegrates until all thats left is a pocket watch. It looks to be very elegant.

The strange woman picked it up. "Its a terrible thing how beautiful these watches can be, but oh, the terrible trouble they cause." She slipped it into her pocket.

She then looks at the two dumb founded boys. "Stare any longer and I may have to charge you." She laughs.

"Now, sorry about Slayde. He's troublesome but we had other rebels scouting the areas so us more educated rebels couldn't pick you up. Seeing as there is only three of you... He didn't do a great job." She sighed. She then reached into her other pocket and brought out glasses and put them on.

"If you guys wouldn't mind I could clear things up for y'all in a nearby Cafe free of Trifarious-Tech. Of course this is the crappy part of the city but the coffee is decent." She smiled.
    ----------
    How could she waltz in, stab a person with a god damn stripper pole and expect them to comply. BUT seeing as she did just murder someone and then watched them get turned into a watch, it would be best to comply. I guess it would be time for some REAL answers.
    ----------

Alkanthe likes this.
  6. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Let's see, so far today, you've woken up in the future, discovered that a mega-corporation rules the world, been asked to join a rebellion, confronted by a guard employed by said mega-corp, then watched said guard be killed by someone who should be living in a manga, magical weapon and all. Anything I've forgotten to mention? Yes, you forgot that I'm now running from the alleyway I was recruited in and am probably going to get lost in this city. It was true. Once Elise had seen the guard's body hit the pavement, she ran straight through the street on the other side of the alley. She was not running at the moment however. Once she had caught up to a large group of pedestrians, Elise placed herself right in the middle, jostling along within the wave. She looks down at the ground, but a flash of light in her hand surprises her. The ID was still clutched firmly in her hand, and Elise made a decision. Looking around the area, the girl with dark purple hair looks for an information center of some sort, somewhere with a computer.

Alkanthe likes this.
  7. Immortal Trance

Elise notices a Husky following her. Its coat was black and under belly was white. It had multi colored eyes. One brown one green.

8. DustyScabbard

While scanning the signs for any indication of what she was looking for, Elise notices the dog right behind her. She's surprised a dog would be walking around the city without a leash or owner, or that a stray would look so well fed. Either way, Elise continues onward in her search for an information outlet.

9. Immortal Trance

Elise passes a library looking area but over looks it. This library was only indicated by a small sign on the side labeled "Free research facility." You were free to go inside but from the looks of it... The place looked a little dirty.

The dog then barks at Elise and rubs his head against her legs to stop her from walking further.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
  10. DustyScabbard

The dog now had Elise's full attention. The creature was very persistent in keeping her from moving farther in the district. The crowd drifts around her like an island at sea as she knees down to look at the dog. "What do you want, boy? Are you lost? Hungry?" The dog had no tags or collar, but Elise could tell the dog was trained. She reaches up with her hand to scratch him between the ears, but stops suddenly at the thought of futuristic genetically engineered intelligent canines.

11. Immortal Trance

The dog appreciates the scratch between the ears and awards Elise with a nice slobbery kiss on the face.

The dog then proceeds to the door and places his paw on the door. He lets out a small bark.

The dog looks around as if wanting not to be seen.

12. DustyScabbard

She smiles and wipes some of the slobber off of her face. Watching the dog trot over to a building marked 'Free Research Facility', Elise is perplexed by the dog's undoglike actions. Regardless, she walks over to where he is standing and opens the door. Entering the building, Elise could see desks and tables lined to the brim with computers. "Yes! Good dog!" Elise walks to the nearest computer and sits down at it, hoping to find some sort of ancestry database.

13. Immortal Trance

The dog walks in as well. The so-called librarian didn't mind, in fact she smiled at the site of the dog. Dogs were pretty untrained these days.

The computer screen was pretty dirty but still able to be used. When the computer finally started up it came straight to a search bar with a "T-T" logo plastered just above it. It was similar to google in the past.

In the search bar there were words in gray, they read, "What are you looking for today?"

The dog sits down next to Elise.

14. DustyScabbard

Well, here goes nothing. Elise wipes off the keyboard, surprised by the layer of dust covering the keys. I guess people have a better way to access the Internet these days? They might not use it that often, or maybe just the rich people get to use it. In the search bar, Elise types the words 'Marinova family tree' and hoped something relevant would show up.

15. Immortal Trance

The speed of the internet was almost instantaneous.

'No results found' popped up in purple letters, under the alarming message was an article.

'Last of the last names' dated 9/10/3022

Followed by this article was other unrelated articles about actual trees.

Alkanthe likes this.
  16. DustyScabbard

Elise stares at the screen in disbelief. Last names didn't exist anymore? Look at the date! Paying more attention to the line on the screen, she realized that last names would only have stop being used two years ago. Thinking for a moment, Elise ran a search for a list of books published before 3022. Looking down at the dog sitting there patiently, she gave him a smile. "I'm not giving up yet, boy. I need to know if my family is still out there."

Alkanthe likes this.
  17. Immortal Trance

Instead of books she found mostly studies, some authors were still credited with last names.

Among this list was Jamison Marinova with a study called, "Mechanics and you!"

Elise could either click/search his name or read the study.

18. DustyScabbard

Elise decides to search for his name rather than read the article itself. Jamison didn't sound like a family name, but it had been 1000 years. What she really wanted to know is if he still lived in Trifaria and if he was alive.

19. Immortal Trance

Three articles came up,

'Jamison Marinova Finally in Prison'

'Marinova study sparks suspicion'

'Jamison Marinova, first recorded pocket watch mechanic, escapes prison'

Strangely none of them had dates. They didn't even seem to be in the right order as well.
    ----------

Slayde sees a person at the end of the alley. He snaps out of his horrified glance. "Oh no.." He then runs to the shocked person.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2015
    Alkanthe likes this.
  20. Jaylor

Jaylor Orbital Explorer

Benjamin watched as the man approached him. He was a lot shorter than Ben, but most people were. Still, he was shorter than they usually were; did people get smaller in the future? Ben hoped not. He didn't want to feel alienated still by society- but that was another point for another time. Saying nothing as the man got closer, Benjamin simply stared into his eyes without any emotions. No curiosity, no anger, no confusion, just a simple stare.