OOC Pocket Watch (Chapter 5: Latin Love)

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Immortal Trance, Nov 5, 2015.

1. Garbacca

Garbacca Void-Bound Voyager

Hey, isn't that the dead ringer? And your character likes to stab and has knives?

Shodano Mario is a tf2 spy confirmed.

2. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

MarDo!

Immortal Trance likes this.
  3. DustyScabbard

DustyScabbard Spaceman Spiff

Name: Elise Marinova
    Personality: Elise keeps to herself most of the time, but isn’t afraid to converse with a stranger. She writes as a form of escapism, typing into existence whole worlds of wonder and intrigue. It also has allowed Elise to see the world from different perspectives, making her a good listener. It also has given her some disillusionment of what she can and can’t do, so sometimes she’ll try to act as the hero. While born in a time where new technology practically sprouted from the earth, Elise wasn't very adept in using any of it, making her a bit of a techbane when handling anything more advanced than a word processor. Her father's secret work for the military and noticing the effect on his health (that and her healthy time on the internet) makes her distrustful of the government or any other imposing corporations. In her shirt pocket Elise carries a small virtual notebook, where she writes little ideas and observations about what is going on around her.
    Appearance: Elise is positively tiny, standing at 5'2". Her straight hair is a very dark shade of purple that is shoulder length, which is usually held out of her face by an orange hairband. As for her body, she’s not stick-thin, but close to it, with unmentionable curves. She’s not strong or fast, but naturally flexible and has a strange amount of endurance for someone who rarely exercises. She enjoys wearing fancier clothes, and won't be seen without some sort of dress shirt and a tie.
    Weapon: None
    Pocket Animal: None
    What did you do before you were frozen: Her childhood a pretty typical: middle class family, regular high school, graduated from college with a bachelors in English Literature. She used to work as a bank teller, just biding her time hoping something better came along. At nights Elise would work on her writing, hoping to publish a novel one day. Hearing of the chance to see what the world would look like in 1000 years, Elise said goodbye to her friends and family, and went to volunteer.

I still have so many questions about this universe. It almost has me giddy. (If I need to expand on my application, just say the word. This is my second on-the-spot character I've made recently, so she might not be perfect yet.)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2015
    Alkanthe and Immortal Trance like this.
  4. Immortal Trance

Immortal Trance Cosmic Narwhal

Perfect now we just need one more person!

5. DustyScabbard

Three people is a little low to start in my opinion. But I guess an active RP will gather more visitors than a unfrequented thread.

6. Immortal Trance

The way I see it... we will be lucky if we get three...

7. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

Oh hey, this sounds cool! I'm already involved in quite a bit of RP though, so I dunno if I'll be able to join anytime soon but I'll see what I can do.

8. Immortal Trance

No rush at all!

I might fix a few things in the OP so it makes more sense.

Alkanthe likes this.
  9. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Guest

TOLD YOU THERE WOULD BE MORE PEOPLE

10. Apathy Applied

Apathy Applied Ketchup Robot

This looks interesting... I may invest something in this

11. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I'm writing up an application now, actually.[DOUBLEPOST=1447171013][/DOUBLEPOST]And here it is.
    Name: Nova Maris Wellson
    Personality: She's friendly, forward-looking, and (used to be) hip to all the latest technology. The unknown, to her, is meant to be met, explored, and conquered. Figuratively speaking, of course. Her reckless nature often gets her into trouble.
    Appearance: At odds with Nova's friendly personality, her appearance is more "punk". She has multiple piercings and (for now) bright purple, chin-length hair. She's slightly shorter than average, standing at about 5'2" (157 cm), a little chubby, and curvy. Her skin is tanned.
    Pocket Watch: Nova's pocket watch is, interestingly enough, square and digital, without a flip top. The display numbers, which are in military time, are a bright cyan. The casing is shiny and silver, though she will eventually add colorful stripes. Its chain is a smooth, black cord.
    Weapon: Her weapon is like a crossbow in appearance; it sits atop her right arm. The bow itself is silver, like her watch, and the string is black like its cord. Instead of regular bolts, it fires bolts made of energy; therefore, it needs to recharge after each shot.
    Pocket Animal: Her pocket animal is a wolf with shimmery, dark fur. It is about half as tall as she is normally.
    What did you do before you were frozen: Nova grew up in a big city, with parents just as forward-looking as she. Her chosen field of work was holography, especially cinematic holography. However, she was dissatisfied with the current technology available, and though she might've laid groundwork for improvement, when she was given a chance to skip ahead a thousand years she snapped it up like a shark to chum. Never mind the risks, Nova was a risk-taking kind of girl anyway, and the chances that she'd live to see the future weren't that bad... right?
    Just let me know if there's anything I need to change. I tried to make her unique, but hopefully it wasn't TOO unique, you know? :p
    Edit: Apparently not... :rofl:

12. DustyScabbard

Oh, look. More people.

Alkanthe likes this.
  13. Immortal Trance

This is great!!!

Now we can either wait for more or start, its up to you guys.

Alkanthe likes this.
  14. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

wait a minute
    5'2
    purple hair
    what[DOUBLEPOST=1447180708][/DOUBLEPOST][​IMG]

15. Immortal Trance

Ok, any questions on ANYTHING!!! before we start.

(Fighting in this RP will be different but ill explain when that time comes.)

16. DustyScabbard

Goodness. Did you even read my submission? :p
    Or maybe you did, and that subconsciously affected your choices when writing up the character. Despite their personalities being slightly different, they both have 'nova' in their names and own silver pocket watches. How did this happen? Nice art by the way.

Alkanthe and Immortal Trance like this.
  17. Immortal Trance

TWINSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

18. Alkanthe

Alkanthe Supernova

I did not read your submission until after I made mine. :p Well then.
    Yeah, I think so. :rofl:

19. DustyScabbard

Some crazy time shenanigans happened for them to be twins: Elise is six years older.
    Hmm, well, I was going to update some of Elise's stuff anyway, maybe I'll try to separate their personalities a little. Their similar appearance will make for a great time in game, however.

20. Immortal Trance

I KNOW!! BUT TWINS!!

Ill update the player spoilers in a bit, it will be just names and the pages your refs are located on.

Alkanthe likes this.