1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pleased Giraffe Broke my main

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nuhmare, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

i guess this is what was meant.[DOUBLEPOST=1440541026][/DOUBLEPOST]
    oh shit, didn't even occur to me to do that

edit - (tried it, still not working)

Attached Files:

2. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Apparently ships don't get fail files but have backups instead, check my last post again as I have edited it for accuracy.

The | Suit likes this.
  3. matenebula

matenebula Space Hobo

Give it a go and post a reply here since I am curious in my case there is no .fail files in any of the folders :([DOUBLEPOST=1440541671][/DOUBLEPOST]
    None of the backup saves worked, I guess it's a dead character

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  4. SilentDoll

SilentDoll Space Hobo

In the universe directory bunch of files are .world (long list) the rest are: one .clientcontext , one Data base file , one .chunks and one .dat
    There's no any .fail files in universe nor player directory
    The hotfix nothing changed

5. matenebula

matenebula Space Hobo

The ship issue is not there, you can try and get it from your player/ship.bak files if they work, mine unfortunately didn't

6. Healthire

Your character should be fine, only the ship would be gone.

If you want to restore your ship to at least be the right ship upgrade, you can type the following into the chat:

/admin
    /spawnitem shipT2
    /spawnitem shipT3
    /spawnitem shipT4
    /spawnitem shipT5
    /spawnitem shipT6
    /spawnitem shipT7
    /spawnitem shipT8
    /admin

Start by using shipT2, use the items in order, and stop when your ship is the same upgrade as your original one. This of course will not bring back any of the contents of your old ship.

7. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

Thanks for the help but it just won't be the same... RIP Dix Flogger, you will be missed.

8. matenebula

matenebula Space Hobo

Should I write the commands while in the ship or on a planet?

9. SilentDoll

SilentDoll Space Hobo

Changing the bak files doesnt work - all have the same name and the same size.
    What about the lost planet? I have my fully built planet cleared at other account (mine girlfriends) but the ship is okay.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2015
  10. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

It doesn't matter.
    All it does is give you an item.
    You have to use those items in order to upgrade ship properly.

11. Healthire

It doesn't matter. It will spawn items where your cursor is.

Planets that fail to version would have .fail files. If the world files are still in your universe folder they should be working. What happened exactly to the planet? Is it not there to be found or is it cleared?

12. SilentDoll

SilentDoll Space Hobo

My girlfriend called me today after she launched starbound that her planet is clear , she started to cry and told me that when she tried to teleport (she had a lot of teleports at this planet to few sections) it didnt teleport her and the bookmark of teleporter have gone. She did something like ZOO planet and that one actually works and the teleporters too. She did fly to this planet manually and it had a bit different ground or so (it was the planet without any life - just for building) and none of her building were there. I will be able to have her laptop tomorrow so I will check the folder universe

13. FalconFury

FalconFury Void-Bound Voyager

Well I have tried every step of your method.

I erased all bak1, bak2 and bak3 then launched Starbound and still got into the same ship. It maybe because i have pressed save and quit. Or the file has been messed up.

14. Sephoris

Sephoris Subatomic Cosmonaut

So, this did successfully bring my ship back. Yay! Unfortunately, it did not change the state of my S.A.I.L. Boo. Because my S.A.I.L. is still broken, it means I still can't teleport down or actually move the ship. Is there a way to fix those flags?

15. DSF66

DSF66 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

16. FifthRom

FifthRom Void-Bound Voyager

I had backuped my save file (before the update), so I just opened it and my ship is back. Thank you, devs, for fixing the problem :).

17. matenebula

matenebula Space Hobo

Nothing worked, I guess I have to start a new character and transfer everything, Lesson to all of us, keep a copy of your player files before every big update

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.