1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Closed Pleased Giraffe Broke my main

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by Nuhmare, Aug 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

I don't know what I'm Supposed to do to fix this issue, I haven't seen anyone else with this problem. I really don't want to have to delete this guy. 2015-08-25_00001.jpg 2015-08-25_00002.jpg 2015-08-25_00003.jpg

2. DSF66

DSF66 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Eeyup, new update ate my ship again :rofl:
    I got back up copies of the ship file but trying to use them results in... nothing. I still spawn in a broken lvl 0 ship.

UPD
    Have my logs where as I see issue might be
    It seems that certain items are no longer in the game files which somehow causes the entire ship to not load.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
  3. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

Thank you, this is really helpful!

Did you by any chance have an NPC on your ship?

4. DSF66

(Sorry in advance for thread hijack)
    Not sure about the OP but mine did. Plenty in fact.
    There's also apears to be something special about Generic Items aka green cubes in the log and I DID have some stored onboard.

5. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

Yeah i had a few NPC's as well.[DOUBLEPOST=1440508560][/DOUBLEPOST]It seems to be working fine on my other characters, my main did have significantly more stuff in it though.

6. metadept

metadept Mostly Harmless Codesman

I think we've got a fix for this that should be in the next hotfix release. When stable updates (probably later today) you should look in your player folder and find the .fail file for your shipworld (it'll be named something like "903571367_-125634952_-192728876_6.world.1440420985937.fail") and remove everything after the .world part. This should make it try to load the ship again and hopefully succeed. If it still doesn't load, please make sure to post a copy of your starbound.log file in this thread so we can track down what's going wrong.

The | Suit and Nuhmare like this.
  7. DSF66

Thanks for the quick responce, looking forward to the hotfix :)

8. Morgendorffer

Morgendorffer Space Hobo

My friend has the same issue, his ship's progression totally disappeared (with all the stuff in it). The only thing remaining is his inventory. Plus, he can't interract with anything (he is stuck in his cockpit because he can't open the door).

Nuhmare likes this.
  9. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

Cheers, will do.

10. FalconFury

FalconFury Void-Bound Voyager

I have this same issue and I spoked with the dev' on the public chat about it.

I am going to keep an eye on this thread and see what happens next and hopefully I will get my ship and my items back. :)

11. FifthRom

FifthRom Void-Bound Voyager

And when I posted the same bug (earlier) with logs I didn't get any answer ;(. Ok, what ever. At least it will hopefully be fixed.

12. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

sorry bud, i didnt know there was already a post about it.

13. SilentDoll

SilentDoll Space Hobo

My girlfriend has her planet cleared and I have the same ship bug as you have

FalconFury likes this.
  14. DSF66

Devs are from GDI territory, what do you expect? :p

But on a serious note, probably the reports hadn't snowballed THIS much at the time + timezones might've played their part in burying your thread.

15. Healthire

Healthire Can't Most Program the Least

The hotfix has been pushed!

For anyone who lost their ships in stable, you may be able to restore it. First copy your player folder to somewhere else as a backup.

In your player folder, check for files ending with .shipworld.bak1. Try renaming one to just .shipworld. (make sure you have file name extensions visible)

After that, start the game and see if your ship is restored. Try this with each of the 3 backup files (.bak1, .bak2, .bak3). Unfortunately if neither of them match your old ship it is likely lost.

EDIT:

Ship worlds don't create fail files but have backups instead.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2015
    matenebula likes this.
  16. matenebula

matenebula Space Hobo

Sadly, there is no fail in my folders, I check and double checked both

17. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

I have a fail in my folders but it's df0724ab458befed31977367733dd1dd.clientcontext.1440508517952.fail

18. matenebula

matenebula Space Hobo

Change that one according to the Dev, in my case none of the files have the extension .fail, which leaves me a bit clueless at what to do since I only have 1 character with 100 hours on it :(

19. Nuhmare

Nuhmare Space Hobo

I tried changing it man, nothing happened. A dev said something about leaving a copy of your log file if the hotfix doesn't work.

20. matenebula

matenebula Space Hobo

Basically just re-name the file instead of .fail make it .world

Yes, they did I did upload but still no reply, I will make a thread or post about it here and in the other thread if I get a reply or fix.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.