Please write a helpful steam review.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Another Kevin, Jul 23, 2016.

1. Another Kevin

Another Kevin Phantasmal Quasar

I was browsing the steam reviews since 1.0 and here are some things that i noticed that are rather unhelpful.

The positive review:

-There are reviews that look like this: Oh my god it's finally out!!! Buy this game!!!
    Who exactly should take this review serious?

- Please, play the game before you actually review it. A billion hours of EA are good for nothing if the reader sees" less than an hour in the past week" because you instantly jumped down to the review section to hype the game.

-Some reviews are rating the game as recommended with such a text : "Finally out of EA... and such a disappointment" Unfortunately, the original EA rating wasn't changed by the user so this is now a negative review proclaimed as a positive review

the negative reviews:
    if you really want to write a negative review on steam, that's fine, but..

-Play the 1.0 release first. There are way too many negative reviews that are blind rant of the game with just less than an hour ingame in the last 7 days.

-Elaborate your point, please.

-Pointing out the time span of development... I' m not sure if that's an important point for someone that's considering a purchase of the 1.0.
    (Only saying :"Ohmagad, took 400 yrs to releaze i bought this gaym ages ago, downvoted" is not a valid review.)

The most important point of all : Rate the 1.0

I'm seeing so many people that just review to help chucklefish without even having a single minute in the last 7 days at release day, and in contrast i'm seeing just as many people, hating the game without any 1.0 playtime either.

If you want to help the devs, play the game, point out positives (positives of 1.0!) and if you want to rant the game, that's also fine, but play the game and point out critical flaws that made you write this negative review.

Buxx, Origami Star and Lodish like this.
  2. Dean102

Dean102 Void-Bound Voyager

Y'know, I think I would if Chucklefish didn't make such dumb decisions like... Oh...

Needing to do the story to progress the game. What kind of Sandbox does that?
    Removing a bunch of character customisation options. Seriously though?
    Removing a ton of techs. Seriously? There was SO many of them to be planned for the game! Now it's just dashes, morph balls, and jumps.
    The hotbar. Now, I WANT to like it, but I miss the old one so badly! This new one just feels confusing and useless.
    Finally? The chat. WHO. THE HELL. REMOVES PLANET CHAT? A.K.A, something very essential to reducing chat being flooded, and CRUCIAL to RP. I come from an RP server, and this is just a HUGE damn blow to us.

Seriously though, if you're going to have decisions, make the ones that WORK.

3. Another Kevin

Then write that in a steam review, as long as you don't write " dis gaym suxx" and nothing else, it's fine (a bit too subjective, but fine)

4. Lodish

Lodish Black Hole Surfer

Hey, what can I say, except that you're right? Unfortunately, steam reviews are often "dis gam is good" or "dis game sux", no matter what the game is. The Steam community as a whole isn't the best either.

Paco495 and Another Kevin like this.
  5. Another Kevin

Sadly, steam's barely moderated, which lead to this community over time.

Lodish likes this.
  6. MilkCalf

MilkCalf Supernova

But they are working really hard on Half Life 3! What are you saying? That not all staff are coders? Yeah right... Praise Gabe!
    I'm very clarly not being sarcastic. Not at all!

Another Kevin and Lodish like this.