Suggestion Please tone down Arcade Mode’s Hard difficulty

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by TripleAAA1183, Feb 14, 2019.

1. TripleAAA1183

TripleAAA1183 Space Hobo

This is more or less a follow-up to my last post, and I think I’ve finally nailed down what really frustrates me about the Hard difficulty in Arcade Mode. After playing a lot of battles, I’ve discovered that the sheer money advantage the computer has over the player can make it next to impossible to win depending on the map you’re battling on. Because the computer gets 200 gold per structure, whereas the player only gets 100, certain terrain becomes incredibly overwhelming. I’ve been able to gain strategies for certain maps, but for others, the computer just massacres me every single time. And I’m not the only one who thinks this; in fact, I stumbled upon a rant on Reddit about this very subject. I won’t link it here, but I believe this is something that should definitely be adjusted. Maybe so that the computer only has a 150-100 advantage...I’m just offering a suggestion here. But either way, I think you would be delivering a lot of relief by taking my advice.

Beefster and margotbean like this.
    • Couch Tomato

Couch Tomato Aquatic Astronaut

Yeah, any map where the computer can start off making a dragon or golem every turn is death.

margotbean likes this.
      • Genshi_Hajime

Genshi_Hajime Space Hobo

I’ve been able to win several matches on hard, but I have yet to defeat 5 players in a row on hard, and starting over every time is frustrating. It feels incredibly boring to try and grind through all the battles in arcade mode just to 100% the game, because arcade mode is not fun to me when I am so handicapped.

margotbean likes this.
        • margotbean

margotbean Existential Complex

I'll add my vote of YES to all of the above. If I want to play brutal retro arcade games, I've got several Atari 2600 emulators and Dosbox I can use. Hint: I rarely play those games because they're more difficult than fun.

I'm fine with being able to only play one commander at a time, just let me save progress and start with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th enemy instead of kicking me back to enemy #1 if I fail.

Thanks for listening!