Modding Help Please Help! trying to replace skins.

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by Silvyy, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Silvyy

Silvyy Space Spelunker

So hey iv been trying to figure this out for hours and everything online is so jumbled with all the changes and the new weapon system. what i want to do is very simple i just want to be able to take weapon skins that i have designed and replace the look of weapons (specifically broadswords) that i have found in game, with the change being visible to other players on server play. I know this was possible with drawables but it seems that they are no-longer used anymore.

If there is no other way I'll learn how to make weapons from the ground up though I can't find any decent tutorials on how to do so with the new weapon system, and it seems that while using the old system is still viable you can't have special abilities like spin slash which removes it as a option for me.

If any experienced modder in this category is feeling REALY helpful and would like to help a newbi off the ground just say so And i'll give you my skype and batter you with questions and admiration I'm a artist not a tech wizard and a source of direct help would be invaluable.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
  2. C0bra5

C0bra5 Oxygen Tank

I don't think that's ever Been possible, an other player and the server will need to have a mod installed for it to work.

Simply because both clients need the assets to be capable of rendering them.

Making an active is a piece of cake though, just like pretty much everything else, it all comes down to pattern recognition. I had never worked with them and proceeded to create about 720 of them in 5 hours once the graphical stuff was done, thoug please don't do like me and forget to check them before release

3. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

More and more drawable exploits will be removed.
    People need to make mods the way they are supposed to b made and distributed in the way it was originally intended.

C0bra5 likes this.
  4. Silvyy

Silvyy Space Spelunker

I see so by 1.0 drawables will be all but forgotten and we will only have .png?replace;XXXXXX=XXXXXX to go on when it comes to customizing our weapons. thats rather sad but thank you both for your replies anyhow.

5. The | Suit

The | Suit Agent S. Forum Moderator

Well - that isn't actual modding either.