1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Resolved Please HELP! Problem running Starbound after installing mod.

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by vanillademon11, Nov 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vanillademon11

vanillademon11 Void-Bound Voyager

I hope someone can help me with this. I tried installing the Apple's Rolling mod and it caused an error. So I uninstalled it - even deleted Starbound and downloaded it again -- and it still doesn't work! I'm not able to even play single player let alone multi player.

Can someone help me figure this out?? I would so appreciate it!!

Vanilladem

2. Posting the error you're experiencing, as well as the platform you're playing on, would be useful for others to help you.

3. vanillademon11

Thanks Ordona! Sorry about that. I'm kinda new to all this. I'm on Windows 10 and here is the error:

Screenshot (2).png

what do I do now Screenshot (3).png

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016
  4. Iris Blanche

Iris Blanche Pudding Paradox Forum Moderator

Please attach the full log located in your storage directory. It's named starbound.log (will show up as "starbound" when you don't have file extensions shown). There are also more logs (.1-.5). These are logs from the sessions before. If you didn't had start the game after the error i don't need them. Use the "Upload a File" button to select and attach the log.

Edit: Also use the edit function when making additions to your previous post to avoid unnecessary doubleposting.

~ Iris ~

5. vanillademon11

I think this is what you're asking for? Thank you for all your help!!

Attached Files:

6. Iris Blanche

This log only shows that you opened and closed the game without any issues. Please reproduce the error and then attach said log :)

~ Iris ~

7. vanillademon11

is this the right one??

Attached Files:

8. Iris Blanche

FYI: The mod you tried to install is from 2015 so it's most likely incompatible anyways. But the missing script file is probably caused by another instance.

Did you play on a server before and now singleplayer when this issue started to happen?
    What other mods did you have installed and removed?
    Does your assets/user directory contains any other data besides the songs?

The missing script is affecting one or more weapons you have in your inventory and it's most likely a remnant from some mod you used before.

~ Iris ~

9. vanillademon11

no i played on a server then i installed the mod and the error came up when i tried to go back in.
    The mods I had installed and removed were Aurora Borealis, the Matter manipulator UI, the wardrobe interface, undertail and a couple others I don't remember.
    I had no other data besides the songs in that file.

Thanks so much for helping me here, Iris!

Ian

10. Iris Blanche

It's most likely a mod that added a mug or some animation for it or something of that kind. Removing mods from existing characters and/or universe is mostly asking for troubles.
    You'll have to remember which mod it was and reinstall it. Although unknown items should turn into perfectly generic items some already affected weapons (especially vanilla ones) can still refer to such a script even if it is non-existent anymore. Maybe it's also a npc which is affected. Did you have a mod installed that added new crew member types?

~ Iris ~

11. vanillademon11

ok i tried to reinstall the mods but steam workshop isn't working :(
    Is there any way to fix this so I can try reinstalling?

12. Iris Blanche

Try adding steam and starbound to the exception list of your antivirus software. Also launch starbound through steam.

~ Iris ~

13. vanillademon11

I'm sorry, I don't know how to do that!
    And I was launching starbound through steam (i think?)

14. Iris Blanche

Depending on which antivirus software you're using these steps will differ. I recommend using either google or a tutorial by the developer of your antivirus software to find out how to add programs to the exception list.
    If you aren't using any antivirus software it could also be the windows UAC (user access control). Deactiviating it can help although it is nothing i'd recommend when not having an antivirus software.

~ Iris ~

15. vanillademon11

Ok thank you! I will be looking that up and going through the process you suggested. It may be a while. :) Thank you again for everything. Hopefully when I get done with that, I will update here with good news.

Thanks, Iris! :)

16. vanillademon11

thank you! so I did everything that you said and it worked :):) thank you so much I really appreciate it :)

17. Iris Blanche

Closing and marking as resolved.

Reinstalling the mod(s) fixed the issue. Also adding starbound and steam to the exception list of the antivirus software and/or deactivating the windows UAC fixed the issue that the steam services weren't recognized by starbound.

Regards
    Iris Blanche

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.