Modding Help Please help me with mcontroller

Discussion in 'Starbound Modding' started by HappyTheWolf1, Jul 24, 2020.

1. HappyTheWolf1

HappyTheWolf1 Intergalactic Tourist

Im making a ghost mod right. Im messing around with the position since its stuck in the middle. thought i got it to work but realized it only works if the player is facing to the right. when facing to the left the ghost is infront of them. Please help me

2. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

You've actually made 3 different threads for this same thing instead of bumping your existing threads... I think you'll make a 4th and 5th thread as is. But still you should have figured out what you're doing wrong. I don't mean in Starbound. You are having a problem with your script, sure. So... how do you expect anyone to tell you what you're doing wrong? Think for a moment. What is the critical thing you are forgetting here? Something pretty important. What do you think it is?

3. HappyTheWolf1

HappyTheWolf1 Intergalactic Tourist

nothings wrong with the script im just too stupid to know how to mess with the position of the ghost so it doesnt sit in the middle of the player

4. bk3k

bk3k Oxygen Tank

How are you so confident that the script is correct? I mean... it doesn't work correctly. You are asking for help, yes?

To state the obvious fact... no one can read your screen except you. We don't have psychic powers. Therefore we can't see your script - to know if there is or is not an issue let alone to help you correct it if so. And you are asking about mcontroller in the title itself, so why wouldn't we assume the issue is with the script? For that matter, we can't see any of your files because you haven't provided them. If we can't see them, we can't possibly tell you the issues with them. As is, no one could possibly help you. I'm not sure why you thought we could. You can't help people who refuse help you help them. We'd need all the relevant information, and you have provided exactly none of it. Even now...

If you weren't being pointlessly stubborn about it and just provided the relevant files... I (or someone else) probably could have helped you out here quite easily/quickly. For me at least, you had your chance and now it is too late. I'm generally glad to help people, but I'm washing my hands of this.

5. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

@HappyTheWolf1 Please don't post the same thread multiple times, as it is considered spam. I've locked the other threads.