1. Welcome to the Starbound support forums. Please check the support FAQs before posting: http://playstarbound.com/support

Bug/Issue Please enable public Steam workshop downloads

Discussion in 'Starbound Support' started by ManaUser, May 21, 2022.

1. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

I and many others who purchased Starbound on GOG often rely on sites like steamworkshopdownloader.io to download mods, because most of them are only published on Steam.

Recently this site lost access to mods for many games including Starbound. The reason is not clear, but apparently it can easily be fixed on your end. They even helpfully provided the step a developer would need to follow.
    1. Log into the steamgames partner site with your publisher account.
    2. Go to the page of your app (https://partner.steamgames.com/apps/workshop/[appid]).
    3. Scroll down to "Technical tools"
    4. Go to the "Edit steamworks" setting
    5. Go to the "Workshop" tab, scroll down to the setting "Enable anonymous game servers to download workshop items" and check the checkbox.
    6. Hit "Save" on the bottom of the page.
    7. Lastly, you probably have to Publish the app.
    Dear Chucklefish, please take this simple step to support your GOG customers.

Kuuchan likes this.
  2. HarmonyBunny

HarmonyBunny Void-Bound Voyager

It keeps redirecting back to the main page. /:

3. ManaUser

ManaUser Cosmic Narwhal

Those are instructions for Chucklefish (or other game studios), you won't be able to do anything just as a user I'm afraid.

4. HarmonyBunny

HarmonyBunny Void-Bound Voyager

I see. I hope they'll be able to notice your post soon.

5. Kuuchan

Kuuchan Scruffy Nerf-Herder

As a long-time Starbound fan and GOG user, I also would like anonymous downloads of Starbound mods on Steam! I was very disappointed to find a number of compatibility patches and mods (e.g. for FrackinUniverse to work with other mods) to be Steam-only--not published to the Chucklefish forums where I was used to finding all of the mods, and not downloadable for people who don't own Starbound specifically on Steam.

6. さわまやゑぺ

さわまやゑぺ Astral Cartographer

yes, modders should upload mods here, ppl who use steam can also dl from here but not the reverse. fking hate the steam monopoly. decentralise the social media ecosystem!