1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Please dont post any LP's until about a week after Starbound is published!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by iblob, Mar 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. iblob

iblob Big Damn Hero

Well my first Terraria experience was spoilt when i watched Pbats lets play of it and scince more eyes are going to be on it this time around i urge everyone please do not post a LP until a week into the release you risk spoiling the experience!

2. Zoraculus

Zoraculus Smile Guy

I guess you can't just come and say "Hey guys, don't do LP" and everyone will follow it.
    There is people who is not using this forums, but are in another places out there, and they will do LPs. It's not something you can just say "NO" and there will be no LPs.
    If you don't like them, it's simple, don't watch them ;)

3. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

Exactly. It's shouldn't be that hard to not watch them.

4. DarkDXZ

DarkDXZ Phantasmal Quasar

Well, if you don't want to watch LPs - don't watch then.
    If you DO want - go on then.

It's YOUR decision, and I said somewhere before:

"The best decisions made are the ones you do not regret."
    -DarkDXZ ​

5. lambo

lambo Void-Bound Voyager

Just don't watch them. Simple.

6. Oath

Oath Subatomic Cosmonaut

LPs are going to happen regardless. Just like they'll probably be posted here. The only thing you can do is not watch them if you don't want to see them. Your experience will only be ruined if you let it be ruined. Personally, watching TB and Jesse play Terraria enhanced the experience for me.

7. SagginPT

SagginPT Space Penguin Leader

Its better to have Lets Play's because people who want to watch them can watch them, don't be selfish, like everyone else said, if you don't want to watch an LP, don't watch it.

8. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

If the devs wanted to stop beta testers from posting LP's, they'd include in a legal document that they can't.
    Right now it's still too early to solidly say whether or not that's going to happen.

Oh wait, this is about after release for a week. Well, it's your choice to see them.

9. Gusty

Gusty Pangalactic Porcupine

Don't forget to block your mind from thinking "Starbound Wiki".

10. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

Another of these threads? I thought we were all done with them...

11. nomotog

nomotog Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Um. Starbound has randomly generated everything. You could watch 3 LP and still not spoil much.

12. MalNeige

MalNeige Zeromus

And besides, even if you say not to make an LP, that won't stop some people... (like me! :3)

13. GermanJesus

GermanJesus Big Damn Hero

Sorry, but I'm not exactly sold on not doing one a day or two after release. Self restraint will keep you from watching the videos.

14. MalNeige

MalNeige Zeromus

@GermanJesus I never said I was going to watch them, just that I was going to make them! :p
    ... If you were making the remark to me... :S

15. kesvalk

kesvalk Cosmic Narwhal

if you don't want to spoil yourself, but lack the will to ignore the videos, well, your bad...

me? i want a lot of footage, so i know what i am buying.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.