1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Please don't make an invedit, community!

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by BlastRed, Nov 8, 2013.

?

Do you want InvEdit for starbound?

1. No, that ruins games. "cheats"

56 vote(s)
    55.4%
  2. Yes, i need to modify something and "promise" not to use it on servers.

45 vote(s)
    44.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drakojin

Drakojin Subatomic Cosmonaut

Well, seeing as server-side saving can be enabled, this is still a moot point. They can't edit their multiplayer profile unless they have access to the save. If it's the people running the server doing the editing, then just find another server; I'm sure there will be plenty.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  2. buttfarm

buttfarm Everyone's Friend

keep your laws off my hylotls

3. NaniRoxy

NaniRoxy Subatomic Cosmonaut

I'm pretty sure the devs said that server owners had the options. You can choose between having server saved characters or having them interchangeable. If your worried about inventory editors, host your own, have a friend host, or find another server that only allows server saved data. Problem solved.

As for the actual inventory editors, they are useful yet easily abused tools. Just because a few people mess up doesn't mean everyone should be punished.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  4. slatwob

slatwob Big Damn Hero

meh, Invedit didn't affect me at all on terraria, why should I care if someone got that excalibur legit or thru hax?
    also, If someone throwing around 9999999 platinum coins in a public server is ruining your game, stop playing on that server. nobody is forcing you to play with cheaters.

BlastRed and WoxandWarf like this.
  5. ForsakenNoble

ForsakenNoble Aquatic Astronaut

Ironic considering you have a heart of gold.

WoxandWarf and BlastRed like this.
  6. J-block

J-block Pay it Forward

The gold has made me greedy over time

WoxandWarf and BlastRed like this.
  7. Skippy3

Skippy3 Pangalactic Porcupine

t(-.-)
    I'll make my own damn invedit if I have to, and I'll use it on servers if they allow it. You have no right to decide how people play the game.

Britefire likes this.
  8. M C

M C Parsec Taste Tester

i'm just wondering what you would give yourself with that random weapon generator...
    too much stuffz to choose really.

9. Cathriana

Cathriana Phantasmal Quasar

Long story short, servers are already confirmed with item given, so you have to talk about the admins about it also to not give items out or give items to themselves.

Invedit would be pointless unless people are REALLY LAZY and don't even bother to go to the first planet.

I however don't want to see map editors, unless it's for custom dungeons and stuff get implemented into a server.. I

would rather not want to encounter a planet of gold or diamond, nor a planet where it was a large titanium city.

He said ' PLEASE' don't make one...

He didn't DECIDE for you to not make it, it's a request. => Please don't flame OC by simply not reading correctly.

10. Blankness

Blankness Void-Bound Voyager

If you had bothered to read literally any other thread about multiplayer you would have relised this wants be a problem.

11. Server side saves should take care of people bringing in duped items. But I'm positive someone will create an inveditor eventually.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  12. Ard Galen

Ard Galen Big Damn Hero

as the option to save characters serverside was already mentioned, i have no need to go into further detail why i think this won't be an issue. instead i want to tell you that i'm missing a third option in the poll, called something like "i don't care if there are inventory editors or not" because i really don't mind. you want to cheat? i'm fine with that. you don't want to cheat? i'm fine with that, too. i have no problem playing with cheaters, as long as they are honest enough to tell the other it's cheated. so what, there are bigger problems.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  13. Rainbow Dash

Rainbow Dash Oxygen Tank

idk how it will work consitering everything is randomly generated =p

14. Ard Galen

Ard Galen Big Damn Hero

maybe by generating items at wish? look at borderlands. it is randomly generated, too. but you can choose the parts and build your own weapons as you want to have them.

15. Annoctatio

Annoctatio Pangalactic Porcupine

Source right over here.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  16. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

How is this even a problem given that we have server-side characters?

WoxandWarf likes this.
  17. Sick Boy

Sick Boy Astral Cartographer

where's the poll option: " i don't care, i won't use it but i don't feel self-important enough to dictate that others shouldn't use it"

18. demanrisu

demanrisu The Original Agaran Menace NPC

It's unreasonable for you to force your own wants and needs onto other people.

Also, would it be possible for you to not write everything in blinding red?

Skippy3 and WoxandWarf like this.
  19. wicketman8

wicketman8 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Ok, realize that while you don't like INVEdits (and neither do I) it is just their decision to play a certain way and if they want to hack, as long as it's not on multiplayer (and if I remember they have something to stop that for non-admins) then let them.

WoxandWarf likes this.
  20. BlastRed

BlastRed Spaceman Spiff

but what you DON'T have the right is using this lvl 100 rocket launcher online. it just kinda ruins the value of playing with people.
    people will call you out on that anyways :p Depending on how the tool works, Just make it for singleplayer!

Atleast i can try. And some people use it other than just building or such. they use it for cheating. And that ruins games. especially online. everything else is cool.
    Maps and mods, NOT servers

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.