Playable Race- Kwi

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Vorco Rot-Gut, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Vorco Rot-Gut

Vorco Rot-Gut Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Okay so here are the first 5 tiers of armor, tell me what you think. I want them to be bundled up for snow, but I don't know if i've made them too hard to see. Let me know what you think!
    [​IMG]

Next on my evil not evil in anyway shape or form agenda is animations, can someone help me with this? You don't need to do it :p I don't want to force anyone into that! What I do need is some form of spritesheet of movement in starbound. I don't want the Kwi's own movements to be very jarring either by having too few or too many frames. Also it would help me polish off what animations I still haven't even thought of (which is lots probably maybe, I don't know... :eek:)!

2. Vorco Rot-Gut

:giggle: Thank you both! I appreciate the super human speed!

Thanks!

blind sniper and GunmanRex like this.
  3. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

cool

4. Eldritch

Eldritch Scruffy Nerf-Herder

This is certainly a creative idea, but if you want them to be playable it's simply not possible. They're shaped too differently from the rest, so if you wanted to put them in the game you would need to draw entire new sprites for everything you want to be equippable on them and program it so that they cannot wear normal things, which already separates them from the rest of the races so much that nobody would want to play them and gives them a much smaller pool of things to equip, but they also look, quite frankly, absurd. They're so flabby and strange. The culture is mildly interesting, but a race that does nothing but burrow in the ground and hide can only be so fascinating.

As an NPC race, they would look okay as long as you avoided giving them the human like clothing you gave them in many sprites, human clothes look simply laughable on them in my opinion, you would have to design new clothes to compliment their shapes.

5. I'm quite opposite about their looking and human-like clothes. I find it nice and hilarious (however it's my opinion).
    Although I have to agree about the playable race statement. It would be VERY hard to implement without loss.:confused:

6. Vorco Rot-Gut

It's almost as if you missed my big red Mega-butt ton of work I mentioned earlier xD But I do realize how difficult it will be, and I understand the fact that I will in fact have to redo every single piece of armor. Irregardless I still find it fun! Realistically i'll probably need help at some point. Though you are right there should be a reason for them to leave their little burrows... i'll have to make them not nothing then!

In the mean time how about we laugh at them some more.
    [​IMG]
    How dare you call them flabby! Look how fit they are. They are clearly just big-boned xP

Do you even realize the consequences of this pun? It is beyond imagining. :rofl:

7. You should give him an "Abibas" tracksuit and iPod.:rofl:

GunmanRex and ChaoticGamer like this.
  8. Vorco Rot-Gut

xD an excellent point! I will save it for when I give up on them so as to save time while I try to remake all the armors on them :V

Meanwhile, back at the ranch...
    [​IMG]
    Just as was foretold many moons ago, totally like super mario.

blind sniper likes this.
  9. jackalope

jackalope Big Damn Hero

YES JUMPING KWI OMG OMG MY BABIES!

I love it! I'm working on my own race right now, and boy, they're not even close to humanoid.....

Edit: Can I put a Kwi in my siggy?

10. Vorco Rot-Gut

That's the best kind of race :DD

Of course you can put a kwi in your siggy, I don't mind at all c:

11. KruczekIIV

KruczekIIV Void-Bound Voyager

Amazing, we want Kiwi race (even if we are robots)

Vorco Rot-Gut likes this.
  12. yugimon

yugimon Space Spelunker

Does it taste like the fruit?

13. Vorco Rot-Gut

Tastes kinda like elmers glue and jellybeans dark meat chicken nuggets.

14. yugimon

yugimon Space Spelunker

*licks lips. Yum!

15. Dizzard

Dizzard Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Wow these guys are impressive. Definitely one of the more interesting race suggestions I've seen.

Well done, I love Kiwis. :)

16. Motie

Motie Big Damn Hero

I'm still disappointed in that all the playable races in starbound are rubber forehead aliens.
    Seeings packs of completely different looking creatures manage a spaceship would be much cooler imho. They carry so much more personality when you let them vary so much.

17. KruczekIIV

KruczekIIV Void-Bound Voyager

Even if Kiwi won't be a playable race, just imagine Kiwi npc drug dealers round the universe!

18. Lawls

Lawls Space Kumquat

D'awww I love Kiwi birds, nice drawing by the way.