Plants/Grass and Forest biomes

Discussion in 'Planets and Environments' started by Pixi.exe, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Pixi.exe

Pixi.exe Void-Bound Voyager

Hello everyone,

now that we can plant grass - one of the things that crossed my mind was that if you want to plant any other type of grass (or foliage) than the two types you can buy in Terramart, you'd have to visit a certain type of planet depending on what you want to plant and look for a special merchant (he could be in a minidungeon underground as well). Let's say you really want this pink grass from a jungle planet in your forest, you'd have to dig/explore planets for the secret merchant, he could even sell some special decorative items. I think that would add another element to exploring and another reason to dig.

I know there have been suggestions to make foliage regrow - which I'd definetly welcome.

What I really miss is the diversity of forests/lush planets. Back in the day those were my favourite types of planets simply because you never knew what color of dirt/trees/plants you'd find and I really miss that. Now every forest and every lush planet have brown dirt and green grass which bothers the hell out of me and almost makes me not want to visit these planets anymore, simply because they all look exactly the same.

It was just an idea, I didn't think it through in detail, I'd just like to know what you guys think.

Korano25 likes this.
  2. Korano25

Korano25 Space Hobo

- There always the option of painting it =P But I agree that the foliage types should be more diverse. I realised that there are some certain types of foliage that would look good in NPC's villages and I couldn't put it on because they disappear when I touched them with the manipulator. I think we should be able to gather all of that.