1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Plans for post release content

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Tiy, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Saal

Saal Spaceman Spiff

Lovely! :)

2. DarkGollum

DarkGollum Space Spelunker

Well, that sound really good ^^
    Can't wait to start playing that game, will be great ^^

3. Mikele97

Mikele97 Subatomic Cosmonaut

this is a good news for all fans ideas, that with such a high rate of additions are more likely to seeing their ideas realized no?

4. Alexblex

Alexblex Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Well this is awesome. It means we will never get bored for sure. Although I don't think you could of gotten bored before but this just insures you wont. This is awesome so exited for the game to come out.

5. Urist McDwarf

Urist McDwarf Void-Bound Voyager

Really?...
    I really wish to know why people adore Minecraft and Notch so much, Im not saing its a BAD game, its just that imo its a broken and extremely unfinished mess, the optimization is non-existant, the updaptes barely add anything and are mostly composed out of random bugs (Seriously, mods are bigger that a whole year of updaptes, and less buggy), and most of the features are just half-assed into it.
    Seriously some one explain to me why people love it so much, I've tried it but... there barely is any kind of game in there.

Nicolas and Bombzero like this.
  6. Kloudy

Kloudy Phantasmal Quasar

I haven't been so excited about a game for a very long time! :D

7. Quote.

Quote. Subatomic Cosmonaut

That system sounds like it might work quite well actually.

8. What's good for you is good for me!:D

9. Redtremordragon

Redtremordragon Subatomic Cosmonaut

10. Samta

Samta Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Good plan Tiyuri :)

11. dannyboyalpha

dannyboyalpha Void-Bound Voyager

Sounds good! I can't wait!

12. Steam Pirate

Steam Pirate Space Kumquat

Very, very fast they are...
    Can a netbook run Starbound? :3

13. NoGod

NoGod Void-Bound Voyager

Hey Tiy, and the team...

I hope you learned a lesson from Red about how to handle your public relations today. Please tell us you aren't going to yank us around like he has been with Terraria.

Hyping up an announcemnt for months and then releasing it on consoles with NEW CONTENT and not saying dick about the PC version that he said he was done working on.

Learn from this guys. I'm sure you understand how poorly it was done, but take note of it. We'll support the hell out of you guys if you are HONEST. We want you to get rich. Just don't BS us in the process.

14. Stargazer

Stargazer Existential Complex

The Chucklefish team had no influence on what Red did, so don't think that they're dishonest. They're a completely different company with completely different people and a completely different game. Also, note that Tiy refuses to put a donate button, so that pretty much proves he isn't a money hog.

Axe Garian likes this.
  15. NoGod

NoGod Void-Bound Voyager

That was my point. I wasn't insinuating that these guys here are dishonest. Telling them about what Red did and to learn from it so they don't make the same mistakes. I know these guys aren't working with him anymore.

It's more of a PR problem with Red than anything. Just doesn't "get it" for some reason. Seeing how he handles stuff should help these guys know what NOT to do. :rofl:

Axe Garian likes this.
  16. Glad modding is an important focus along with regular updates. Steam Workshop anyone? :mwahaha:

Axe Garian likes this.
  17. NoGod

NoGod Void-Bound Voyager

Yup...love it when I find out one of my games gets added to the Workshop. Just found out Dungeons of Dredmor was in there today actually. :D

18. Unconscious Architect

Unconscious Architect Big Damn Hero

Just here to shower you with praise since I haven't done so already.
    I flipping love your dedication.

19. GunmanRex

GunmanRex Oxygen Tank

Great Plan, and I love the fact that the game will always keep updating; the game will always be new.:up:

20. Kalvuric

Kalvuric Big Damn Hero

My point was that when Minecraft was considered complete, around the time they launched on Xbox 360, it had a basic framework of beginning, middle and end (which is impressive for a sandbox, that would normally be nothing more than a space for visualizing imagination.) As well as updates, buggy or no (most of the time from what I've seen they were first released as beta updates, not available through normal patching) which is something they don't have to do, but continue on with anyway irregardless of a modding community (which is great too.) This is what I want from Starbound: a complete game that gets updated over time so its worth revisiting on occasion beyond playing old content over again. In the end, this isn't about Minecraft, but the method in which it was presented to its audience. I would much rather see a project be refined over time by its developers, rather than see them abandon it (and its community) to move on to other things.

Then again, I'm selfish.