1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Planetfall or Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dispersion, Mar 9, 2012.

?

Planetfall or Starbound

1. Planetfall

11.8%
  2. Starbound

88.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maplestrip

Maplestrip Existential Complex

I think Starbound means that you're bound to one star, which has a LOT of planets circeling around it.
    I like it more, because it has more meaning, I think.
    Why Planetfall? Do the planets in this game fall? Also, as kiosfpa said, there is already a name registered as Planetfall. I think I remember the name from somewhere indeed. Too lazy to click the link, though xD

2. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

Starbound is a better name. Planetfall doesn't have much meaning unless you're a jerk who flies around the 'verse destroying planets for fun.
    [​IMG]

3. Maplestrip

Star Treck. Not a bad reference. I agree Starbound probably has more meaning.

4. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

But as I said:

5. Maplestrip

Didn't even think of that, but I think the title still wouldn't be entirely right... I should think about it... I have the feeling there would be something wrong with the grammar :S

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

Yes, i did know. I still felt like replying to it though ^-^

7. Hydrae

Hydrae Cosmic Narwhal

Very true. It could work both ways but the name Planetfall seems to be focused on the past. Granted the destruction of your planet is a BIG deal but Starbound makes me think of the future, exploration. All the planets & lifeforms you'll discover. It gives hope that there's a chance to start anew & see things you never dreamt or imagined. :alien:

Maplestrip likes this.
  8. RitsuHasano

RitsuHasano Existential Complex

Starbound appeals to me, maybe because it reminds me so much of the name 'Earthbound'. :rofl:

9. JohnDevince

JohnDevince Scruffy Nerf-Herder

PlanetFall sounds like a Star Trek wannabe show xD Nah, I think I'll stick with "Star Bound" Besides you can't say , " Let's get our 'Bound on!" With Planetfall!
    ~ Thank You!
    John Devince

10. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

Ah, that's something!
    Thanks, I'm now going to name my character Ness for hopefully obvious reasons. :D

11. Wazupmaster

Wazupmaster Phantasmal Quasar

I personally like "Starbound" better. And as Phyrex said, it rolls off the tongue.

12. Razmos

Razmos Void-Bound Voyager

Planetfall sounds too actiony.
    Starbound meaning "bound for the stars" in the same way as being homeward bound, fits in better with the adventuring and exploring. It promotes the idea that you'll be travelling through the galaxy.

13. ockpii

ockpii The Reel McCoy

Well, thing is, Planetfall seems to be indicating much more of a plot/storyline from the get-go, like a doomsday machine commanded by an evil guy that goes around destroying planets.
    I love the name Planetfall, Starbound feels a bit more generic. But I'm going with Starbound because that's kind of the name, now =P

14. Zoraculus

Zoraculus Smile Guy

Starbound is more linguistically confortable to say, Planetfall seems awkward.

15. Williamm53

Williamm53 Astral Cartographer

Starbound cause it sounds cool.

16. Vizendel

Vizendel Pangalactic Porcupine

Starbound feels better rolling off my tongue.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.