1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Planetfall or Starbound?

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by Dispersion, Mar 9, 2012.

?

Planetfall or Starbound

1. Planetfall

11.8%
  2. Starbound

88.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dispersion

Dispersion Pangalactic Porcupine

Hi.

Before the name of Starbound was officially announced, someone -forgot the name- on Terraria Online mentioned that the game would be called 'Planetfall'.
    But when the game was announced it seemed that the game would actually be called 'Starbound'.
    Both of the names sound pretty sweet to me, but which one do you prefer?

I prefer Planetfall over Starbound, to be honest. It just sound a bit more epic.

2. Jenkinz

Jenkinz Phantasmal Quasar

Personally, I prefer the name "Starbound" ^_^

3. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

After all this exposure with the Starbound name, it's hard to say it will change again.
    And I think the problem with the name Planetfall was that it was already registered as a 1983 game.
    The more you know...

4. Dispersion

Well, there's also another game named Starbound here on the internet.

5. Aviakio

Aviakio Weight of the Sky

It's a flash game, and not legally registered.

6. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

I like 'Starbound' because of it's dual meaning of "Space exploring" and "destined for greatness". c:

FilipeJMonteiro and Krunch like this.
  7. Яetrospekt

Яetrospekt Pangalactic Porcupine

Starbound sounds better IMO. ;)

-MrTasty

8. Dispersion

Ah, okay, I don't really know a lot about the whole copyright issues and stuff, so yeah.

9. Phyrex

Phyrex Parsec Taste Tester

idk personally, i like starbound but i find planetfall to roll easier on the tongue if you lend me the expression

10. Doctor Whooves

Doctor Whooves Starship Captain

Gonna have to go with Starbound. For one, I believe it sounds better, and it has much more meaning to it, which is to say, it suits the game's genre well.

11. Pentarctagon

Pentarctagon Over 9000!!!

I'd vote Starfall.

12. Ashen

Ashen Scruffy Nerf-Herder

What about Planet bound? ;)

13. Bixxith

Bixxith Void-Bound Voyager

Starbound sounds like you'll be exploring the "stars." Planetfall sounds like you'll be destroying planets. This game is really leaning more towards exploration and lots to see rather than destroying planets :p but this is just my interpretation of the names. Feel free to disagree.

14. Bonabopn

Bonabopn Fluffiest Squirrel

It doesn't seem to fit the game, it suggests there is only one planet and they are bound for it, which we know is not what the game is about.
    Same issue, it implies stars falling, possibly as shiny rocks from the sky. I'd say planetfall and starbound are both better than these.

15. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

starbound all the way

16. A.N.T.I.

A.N.T.I. Spaceman Spiff

Planetfall sounds like it's implying you'd be evil in some way or you'd have to destroy planets.
    Starbound gives the feeling that you're traveling the universe in either a ship called starbound or just plain traveling on a random ship.
    It would be cool if it would change names depending on whether you were good or evil in my opinion.

17. TeoTheDriller

TeoTheDriller Big Damn Hero

Nice suggestion... but really, in the end, people WILL destroy planets, Planetfall or Starbound...

18. Dispersion

But I thought your planet was destroyed by some enemy. So your planet has fallen. Planetfall. :D
    :poo: <- dafuq is this? Just noticed, lol.

19. Eddy Steel

Eddy Steel Existential Complex

You do know it was a joke?
    Anyway I think starbound is better. :)

20. T-Bone Biggins

T-Bone Biggins Phantasmal Quasar

One problem with the name Starbound. When you google it you get some kind of dancing show or flash game. Very annoying when I was first trying to find this website.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.