Boss Planet Wide Bosses

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Axel_nflames, Feb 25, 2014.

1. Axel_nflames

Axel_nflames Void-Bound Voyager

I had the idea when seeing the Tentacle Biome background on steam. For a moment I thought that was what I was looking at before I remembered that it was a biome. I think it would be a cool way to obtain Terra-forming equipment since that will go well with the planet spanning part of the boss. I also think having a "beast with a billion backs" type boss with a similar name to that thing from Futurama movie (what was his name again?) would be a very cool easter egg. I think using a item to summon the bosses would be best, but running into it when vising a random planet (1 out of __chance), especially when under prepared, would be cool (return with a vengeance, haha!) I'm thinking of a way to do a tentacle themed boss. I'm thinking of having certain stations of tentacle worship, with tentacle attached minions (of different races) surrounding the stations (you could also have regular monsters buffed from tentacle attachment as well. Taking out the stations would cause a tentacle pope to appear. I was also thinking of having the full tentacle monster as a summonable end-game boss but imagine it being planet sized and you could teleport to it or have it sorta orbit slightly about the surface of a planet (of course working out how gravity would work then would be a b****). If you have any cool, simialr ideas (like a giant robo-dragon [like the skinny, classy japanese type] that would wrap around the planet) then post them here.

2. Animator

Animator Cosmic Narwhal

3. Queen Chrysalis

Queen Chrysalis Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Intriguing. Instead of planet size, what about Godzilla size?