1. If you're looking for help-related things (for example, the key rebinding tutorial), please check the FAQ and Q&A forum! A lot of the stickies from this forum have been moved there to clean up space.
    Dismiss Notice

Planet Toxicity Not Shown On Teleporter

Discussion in 'Starbound Discussion' started by hamjam, Aug 6, 2019.

1. hamjam

hamjam Yeah, You!

There's probably a mod for this but I'm playing Starbound vanilla un-modded currently.

After visiting countless stars and planets it becomes a burden to remember details like which planets I put flags on that have a hazardous environment.

In the game you get 3 EPP's to protect against: poison from planets around radioactive stars; warmth for planets around frozen stars; and cooling for planets around fiery stars. You can find Ocean planets around radioactive, frozen, fiery, and normal planets.

The Teleporter miniature icon representing the planet type is the only visual clue. Unless I waste the erchius fuel to fly there then I have no idea which EPP I will need to avoid insta-death upon beaming down.

I am now going through all my flags individually and notating a letter for the EPP I'll need because the game doesn't tell me. Am I missing something/has anyone else noticed this?

2. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

In vanilla Starbound you don't need to use different EPPs. Each higher tier retains the protections of the previous ones. So all you need is a cooling EPP and you'll be safe from cold and radiation also.

3. hamjam

hamjam Yeah, You!

I had no idea as the EPP doesn't say except for the listed protection. I was swapping EPP's constantly. That's great news! Thx! I'd still like to know which planets have whichever toxicity from the teleporter. If I don't have to wear a protective EPP I would opt for the Xenon Pack because I like to see stuff -although my vision is poor.

4. Pangaea

Pangaea Forum Moderator

Having an indication would be a nice feature.

Instead you could find/buy a light augment. They work the same as the Xenon Pack. I know I've seen them at Lana Blake and it's possible to find them in chests.

5. hamjam

hamjam Yeah, You!

thx Pangaea - Yes, I have found many augments. I think I have 2 of the Light3 augments. I'll make another Cooling EPP with Light3 and swap it with the Healing3 one when I'm spelunking.
    I'm all for exploring the game to find out new stuff/items/creatures/etc... but the lack of rollover popups for onscreen HUD and other contextual game items (such as Teleporters) seems like shortsightedness. I won't even talk about the "compass" or quest directional "arrow." I guess this game had limited QA.