OOC Planet H3R01CS, sign-up

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by phanaton, Oct 18, 2013.

1. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

Just as a side note, forums never let me make paragraph indentations, so when a paragraph is starting, you'll see a pair of semicolons like this > ;; just giving a heads up.

;;Yes, I messed around with words and letters to give the title a jumbled up word spelling "Heroics" which will probably tell you just what exactly this RP will be about. So, I have always been interested in superheroes, and I know that tons of other people are to, as such, this forum RP takes place on the planet H3R01CS. Now, for those who don't think I can handle a forum RP I have been RPing for quite awhile and writing even longer, I know my grammar and all that shiz. So, Yes ill need an application, i'll post the template at the bottom of this thread to give all of you something to go off of, and even if this is about superheroes, there is no "Good Always Wins". If you are a superhero and you act like a idiot, your going to die, usually in fantastical ways.

;;The planet is named H3R01CS because all of its inhabitants show major to minor superpower possibilities, whether the inhabitants powers are unlocked through magic or through being born. The powers all have a weakness that is usually easy to obtain that completely shuts down powers for around ten minutes after a ten second exposure. any longer and powers are shut down for extremely long periods of time after a full hour of exposure. These powers are infinite but major powers are very rare, and minor powers such as superhuman flexibility, or the ability to move small to medium sized objects with your mind, and creating fire in your hand, or superhuman intelligence are common. Powers such as flight, laser vision, super speed, freezing breath and the like are major powers that usually make the person with those powers famous and quite the celebrity. In the absolute rarest cases, some people have inherited the power to leech other powers and magnify them, these are usually seen as enormous threats and are killed at the youngest age possible.

;;Now, the world has only two cities, that stretch across a quarter of the earth each, the first city is called "New White" because of the paint choice colors and the overall crime free environment of it. The second city is known "Old Anarchis" the older of the two cities, this city is in a tumultuous state where the strongest of people vie for control of the city, usually through shows of power and street wars between gangs. New White is a thriving metropolis of equality and learning with minimal crime rates, Old Anarchis is a chaotic city rife with villainy and bloody turf wars where the strongest gt stronger and the weakest die, usually in horrible fashion. These two cities know of each others existence but have never contacted one another due to their own reasons. The most dangerous of Old Anarchis' people known as "Crimson Light" has subjugated large portions of Old Anarchis with his personally hired army and placed Old Anarchis under an oppressive and totalitarian rule.

;;New White has come under new leadership of a mysterious and overall unknown woman who simply goes by her birth name of "Annalita Von Chistophson". Annalita has increased the overall security of New White through the recording and archiving of powers in the populace which has sparked some controversy but was overall approved. After Annalita came to power communications with Old Anarchis were opened, and numerous refugees came to New White, along with refugees from New White heading to Old Anarchis upsetting the careful balance. Gangs have sprouted up among New Whites streets and are beginning to create chaos, while Old Anarchis is finding an influx of morally inclined heroes who have taken it upon themselves to "clean up" Old Anarchis. This has created a volatile cocktail waiting to blow up in the faces of both cities, most see it as simply dangerous hybridization of the two cities, others think it was all done on purpose.

;;This volatile tipping of power has caused numerous new heroes to take up the mantle of justice, and numerous villains to take on the mask of villainy, which side are you on, and what are your goals? Your life in New White begins now, brandish your superpower, and ready your costume, because this world is changing, at a rapid pace.

;;Application for Role Play
    Name:
    Surname:
    Mental State ( 1 is sane, 10 is absolute bonkers ):
    Moral Inclination ( Full Hero, Anti Hero, Anti Villain, Full Villain ):
    Power ( choose one major power or two minor powers, or a weakened major power and one minor power ):
    Weakness ( make it difficult to guess, you don't want to be stabbed in the back easily do you? ):
    Background ( state how you got your power, magical awakening, or genetic mutation at a certain age ):

( composed by M0k0n4, current build of heroes and villains )
    THIS LIST IS AS OF NOW INCOMPLETE, AND WILL BE EDITED FOR FURTHER CONTENT.
    FOR NOW, LOOK FOR KING TOAD'S POST IN PAGE 44.
    [Text in these brackets] are comments, and shouldn't really be included. {These brackets} are just there to make the title more notable.

{NEW WHITE CHARACTERS}

Nitestrike776 (Saryn Korris) [Haven't posted]
    StarWalker (Honey) [Haven't posted]
    warlava50 (Jake Sol)
    austriss (Shal Jokhu; Jun 'Dracula' Rahul; Racial Info)
    Legacy95 (Corey) [Haven't posted]
    Fencer (Ciel 'Gun' Mianogi) [Has posted, but phanaton seemingly ignored him]
    The Neon Seal (Orun 'Blinky' Gast)
    Lupus (Richard Dawkins a.k.a. Umbra)
    Nintendo_Play (Marc 'Omega') [Traveling for Xmas, be back in 1-2 weeks from the day this post was made]
    m0k0n4 (Mia Edelstein)
    Horizons Reach (Joshua Reach)
    GravityFlux (King Penguin) [King Penguin is ridiculously overpowered] [The last comment was tongue-in-cheek] [Actually not exactly a character, but is awesome]
    LordFlame (Achillea Solar) [Tentatively allowed in] [How the fudge can someone give birth to a seed anyway?]

Last edited: Dec 24, 2013
  2. sooo everyone has powers? like every single one...no normal people in sight?

3. LordFlame

LordFlame Big Damn Hero

Name: Edan
    Surname:solar(solar is sun but extended)
    Physical Appearance:male black haired
    Mental State 3
    Moral Inclination Full Hero
    Power:

Fire Manipulation

The power to generate, control or absorb fire. The opposite power of Ice Manipulation, and Water Manipulation.
    Also Called

• Agnikinesis
    • Firebending
    • Fire Release
    • Flame Control/Manipulation
    • Pyrokinesis
    • Ignikinesis
    Capabilities

Users can excite or accelerate an object's atoms, increasing their thermal energy making it ignite, not necessarily objects, but also air particles. They can control and move the flames, including the shape, heat and even color; that said, pretty much everything with this power comes down to: burning. This ability is also useful against those who possess Air Manipulation or Oxygen Manipulation as oxygen from the air can be used to make flames stronger. This is very aggressive power as well as one of the strongest, allowing several powerful attacks, but it is some ways the most vulnerable as well, given than fire doesn't exist in itself and needs other elements.
    Applications

Techniques

Variations

Associations

Limitations

Background he was a average person living in his family which was in the higher classes but due to an accident they died with and a lot of people too by a villain with a rabbit mark from then on he vowed to save them only years later did he gain control of his powers which randomly appeared

4. SilasLore

SilasLore Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Oh you've done it now, before i go any farther have you heard of a game called "prototype".

5. again I say.....is everyone special? ....no one is normal...thats a bit ...dull

6. SilasLore

Take another look at that sentence structure, it's difficult to understand.

7. SilasLore

Or exciting. Too exciting. You could make one rude comment and before you know it it's like the fourth of july. But in all seriousness I have observed what your talking about.

8. If everyone is special...then no one is special...

Hazmat likes this.
  9. Nintendo_Play

Nintendo_Play Scruffy Nerf-Herder

Name: Lucius "Lucifer"
    Surname: Elar
    Physical Appearance: Jet black hair, pale skin, wears trench coat, and 6'10".
    Mental State: 6
    Moral Inclination: Full villain
    Power:
    Major: Shadow blasts
    • Can create beams and spheres of darkness, can only incapacitate
    Minor: Dark veil
    • Blend in with shadows, cannot be protected by veil.
    Weakness: Lightning, drastically weakened if you take his sword.
    Background:Lucius was born with the power to manipulate darkness, but it was never very strong. One day in the decimated parts of the city, he discovered a blade made of pure shadow energy that enhanced his powers but also damaged his sanity. Because of his unnatural control over darkness, people have called him a demon; which in turn, made him create a new name for himself. He wants to control both cities and be the most powerful being alive.

10. SilasLore

Exactly. Unless there is a serious margin between minor or major powers. And the ratio between the two. There could be a major/minor ratio of 1/1000.

nababoo likes this.
  11. Nintendo_Play

Incredibles?

nababoo likes this.
  12. SilasLore

6'10 insane shadowmancer. Yikes.

13. true...

Im going to play Alaizia in this... just gotta finish my sheet...wich will take a while due to my need to show every last bit of detail for my powers...

I am a Homo-magi... examples would be people from different shows below.
    • Homo Magi (DC Comics)
    • Magicians (Marvel)
    • Magicians (Mythology)
    • Witches and Wizards (Harry Potter)
    • Sorcerers (Mythology)
    • Sorcerers (Sorcerer's Apprentice)
    • Warlocks (Mythology)
    • Warlocks (Charmed)
    • Witches (Mythology)
    • Witch (Charmed)
    • Witch (Soul Eater)
    • Magi (Magi: Labyrinth of Magic)
    • Witches (Supernatural)
    • Belsnickels (Krampus the Yule Lord)

14. Nintendo_Play

Insane is a general term. He is sane enough to not let his insanity get in the way, but has no problem with mass killing unless it directly affects him.

15. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

I said that everyone has powers yes, but I ALSO said that these powers have to be triggered by magic or a certain milestone in their life, some people never reach this milestone, meaning some people have powers but cant activate them. As for the shadowmancer, dark constructs, dark wings, dark everything, I said that you could manipulate the elements in a way like some fire appearing in your hand, or moving small things like a ball to medium sized things such as a cupboard. Im afraid your power is borderline major, and needs to be EXTREMELY toned down, maybe you can create a dome of darkness around you, or temporarily blind people? I would suggest that the sword be his weakpoint, a sort of "krptonite". As for you alaizia, I take it your power involves manipulation of the mind?

16. im working on my app, Ill show it when its done.

17. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

For the pyro- kinetic, make the weakness easier to understand, specially focused electric fields make no sense, how focused? what level of energy? the electricity has to be more easily attained.

18. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

Examples of minor powers, you can spit corrosive liquid, you can make a ball of fire in your hand, but no larger, you could temporarily blind people by putting shadow over their eyes, you can make yourself a dome of shadow to blend in with darkness better, but you cant be invisible, a dome of shadow in the middle of the day is obviously suspicious, also, these weaknesses need to be easier to understand

19. Nintendo_Play

Good now?

20. phanaton

phanaton Ketchup Robot

Examples of major powers, Laser Vision is deadly, peg someone in the skull, they die, summoning of minions that can kill people while avoiding damage themselves, thats another major, igniting your entire body is a dangerous power, instead of spitting corrosive liquid, perhaps you can disgorge and enormous stream by unhinging your jaw major powers are those abilities the elevate people in superhero comics to god levels of power because of how easily they can beat everyone, so in simpler terms, major powers are abilities that can kill tons of people while doing very little to yourself, minor powers are skills that if used properly can kill someone but require work, in terms of heroes, think of it this way, the minor powers are like Robin, batmans sidekick, the major powers are like superman.