RP Planar Fracture

Discussion in 'Role Playing' started by Draken09, Jul 10, 2013.

1. Draken09

Draken09 Black Hole Surfer

Planar Fracture

With literally a planet-splitting crack and massive rush of air, water, dirt, and other stuff, a world was ripped open, and torn apart. For but a moment, all was silent, until a massive scream pierced the ears of all in that plane of existence.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Beyond the world, in a demi-plane built just for them, voices echoed.

"Well, sure didn't see that one coming."

"Really, I knew things would go wrong the moment he set foot on that planet! You all have never been good at figuring people out."

"Well, don't blame me, I'M not the one who thought up choosing him!"

"Well now we've got to get some new humans, and fix this whole mess! I'm telling you, sometimes this is more trouble than it's worth!"

"Well, then we'll just do that then. We've still got some candidates from before, we can just use them. Even if they aren't quite ideal. Let us begin the spell immediately, no point leaving our friend in such a state for longer than necessary."

And with that, they reached out, and snatched up five ordinary humans. With flashes of light, the chosen group was whisked away, teleported in fact, into a blank world. A space of pure white, where they would be given their task. After a few preparations of course!

2. Berry Punch

Berry Punch Big Damn Hero

Suddently greeted by near blinding whiteness, Dina fell face forward onto white endless expanse with a moist flop. Groaning in pure irritation she slowly picked herself up, turning onto her back into a half-mustered sitting up position, using a hand to rub the stars out of her eyes. It took a few moments for her brain to suddently click into action, gasping, eyes widened, she sweeped the area slowly with keen eyes. Last she checked Resnov's little slice of paradise was neither white, nor clean. But how? She pondered. Clearly she was no longer hiding in the rafters of a barn-turned storehouse, soaking wet from the heaven's discharge pelting the mortal landscape, the sound of hard rain and pursuers navigating stores of various "profits" the big boss at hand had acquired over some time, ranging from invaluable junk to illegal treats such as illicit parts or drugs of some kind. It was the one time she actually doubted she'd get away unscathed, the legendary Night Owl (a nick-name and business name, as someone of her status always lets someone know that they were graced with her uninvited nightly presence) might be caught, and more then likely by one man who would cause her to "dissapear" after a bad heist, forever. But now? It seems like she had been spared, or maybe not. Maybe the last moments of life, up to the moment of being dragged out of the storehouse doors where repressed, and she died that night as an unknown? Maybe the flash was a rifle unloading into her flesh, no pain felt as the first shots ended it too quick to feel anything? Wait, if she died, then where is this? What is this? Her heart beated, albeit a bit too fast, which is a clear sign of life. So many confusing questions, but only solution. To solve future traumas, she decided to definately add armed smugglers to her list of "DO NOT STEAL FROM." Right next to celebrities and police stations.

3. ALaizia groaned as she floated in the white mire around her, she had no idea where she was, or what had brought her here. The last thing she remembered was that she was getting ready for a shower after fixing a particularly mess oil leak and then " POOF" she was whisked away to this place. She sighed uncomfortably, adjusting her towel what little she could " hello? anyone here...where ever this is...at least give me something to wear!" she called out with timid, yet demanding tone. She really hoped that someone was kind enough to oblige this request.

4. ziberoo

ziberoo Spaceman Spiff

It was raining. It was raining worse than Deryn had ever seen. There was a bus shelter on the opposite side of the road. It was not ideal, and the next morning would be a rude awakening, but it was better than catching a cold or worse. She took a blanket from her bag and closed her eyes.
    Suddenly, all Deryn could see was white. She opened her eyes, which made no difference. She wondered if she had gone blind, but a quick look around dispelled that thought. She checked her surroundings. Completely white. No cover. No shadows. No shelter. She didn't like it. There were four other people that she could see. One stood as she was wearing nothing but a towel, and seemed terribly confused.

5. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Filia's body hit the ground after falling what could have only been a few feet, instantly jolting her into consciousness. She stood up quickly and immediately formed a stance with which she could easily run from or fight with whatever awakened her. She stood completely still, seeing only a snowstorm of purples and reds as her blood tried to reach her brain. When the colors faded, she saw only white. Filia blinked twice and took three steps backward. Where was she? The only place she remembers seeing such an empty whiteness was in the columns, vases and furniture that littered her parents' mansion in an almost alien-like manner.
    That was it, wasn't it- She was in her parents' house- She had been captured- She-... she breathed. Closing her eyes, she remembered what her sister had said so many years ago: If you are ever lost, don't panic; just close your eyes, breathe, and most importantly, think.
    She opened her eyes again, finally noticing that there were other people around her. They didn't look like the soldiers who (she thought) were still pursuing her.
    However she wouldn't take any risks- she resumed her fighting stance and firmly called out to everyone,
    'Speak. Where am I.'
    It wasn't a question- this could be a life or death situation.

Alaizia Darkstar likes this.
  6. Torol

Torol Subatomic Cosmonaut

Kate swung herself out of bed, yawning and shivering as often happened in the cold Montana mornings. The maroon sweatshirt she had pulled over herself in an effort to push away the cold doesn't do much, but it was comfortable and had just come out of the dryer when she'd put it on. Her glasses were shoved haphazardly onto her face, jeans pulled on instead of sweatpants, and socks and shoes donned in a quick manner. Then the world twisted, and Kate found herself in what appeared to be some sort of Limbo- everything was white, and as far as she could tell, there was nothing else around. And then she saw the other people, all different and odd, and a voice rang out from the group, something about where they were.
    Jesus. I don't know, I doubt anyone else knows, by the look of them, so why are you asking us? The question in Kate's head sprung up like a flash, but she shoved it down into her heels and nervously shuffled around a bit. The entire situation was slow and very awkward, with some woman who was apparently dressed in nothing but a towel, the demanding one who apparently thought everyone else had the answers, and two other people who seemed utterly confused. Kate stuck her thumbs in the pockets of her jeans and wished she'd been able to grab a book before being flung into the strange place. That, at least, wouldn't have been so bad. She would've been able to hide her face and feelings behind a particularly thick paperback.

7. Draken09

Around the Five colors began to flow like dyes in water. Swirling around them in a slow circle were green, blue, yellow, red, white, and black. Voices began to emanate from the elaborate patterns.

"Welcome, chosen."

"We have been waiting for you."

"Yeah we have, for five seconds."

"Shush! *Ahem* You have been picked for a great task. The task, of saving not just a planet. But an entire plane of existence."

"You are all going to be sent to the Spire City."

"Now go! Instructions shall be there!"

8. " u-um, Excuse me?" ALaizia blinked for a moment at what the voices had just told them. She had read her fair share of science fiction and fantasy novels, but this was just a bit to weird for her " I'm a bit curious to whats going on here...but might I point out," she continued to frantically adjust her towel to keep any visibility to a minimum..though to little avail, " IM KINDA NAKED UNDER THIS TOWEL, COULD YA' GIVE ME SOMETHIN' TO WEAR!" she exclaimed with a breath of annoyance, her southern drawl coming out.

9. Catoosie

Catoosie Heliosphere

Filia kept her defensive stance as the colors swirled around her and the others.
    Voices seemingly emanated from the colors themselves, and these were the purest of any color Filia had seen.
    Now it was clear to her that wherever she was, the soldiers back home had nothing to do with it.
    Filia allowed herself to drop her guard at least a little bit and listened to the voices. Although she did not understand quite what they were talking about, she heard something about saving a planet, and waited for something to happen upon hearing the word 'go!'.

10. Draken09

There was a pause while the colors kept slowly flowing. After a second their silence was broken.

"Oh, right. Clothing. Oops."

"Yeah, how could you have forgotten that one?!"

"Just be quiet. It's not like any of you put any effort into understanding human culture!"

With a sound akin to the muffled swishing of a cloak, a strand of the blue mass shot out and flew circles around Alaizia, engulfing her in its trail. A dark blue dress flowed out from her, replacing the old towl. The garb's silk rippling like little waves. In fact, for a moment it almost seemed as if the cloth was going to flow right off.

11. ALaizia gasped as it consumed her... but looked at the garb once it settled a bit " t-this ..is a bit ..you know ..loose even for me " The dress flowed around her..barelly covering her at the tops and ends...even whipping up a bit in embarassing displays. " mabye...something a bit more fitting?" she said with a bit of a frustrated tone.

12. Draken09

"Come now, we can't spend all day on clothes! There are much more important things to do!"

Nevertheless the ends almost fell down another foot, settling at a slightly more modest level.

"Any other requests while we're at it? Perhaps a complete Atlas of all of the planes of existence?" The somewhat sarcastic tone came from the red swirls.

Mercenary Lord likes this.
  13. " that would be nice, thank you..I mean we have never been there I presume..." she spoke up once again, with a more please tone.

14. Berry Punch

While muddling in her thoughts, Dina's selective hearing picked up upon a few key choice words such as 'chosen', 'task' and 'instructions', causing her to instantly spring to her feet.
    "Any and all contract work is to be handled through envelope drops within concealed or partly concealed areas with little to no traffic, I am allowed to instantly deny any contract that contains any tasks that are deemed directly attacking any government authority, any form of legal public authority, any criminal activity directly involving anyone at or above the age of seventy or below the age of fifteen, more detrimental to my health than usual, shitty pay and or too boring. Minor injuries or acts considered as vandalism or theft are to be expected, vandalism and injuries upon objects or people involved in said contract only when necessary. I take no responsibility for any items related to the contract being broken, damaged, burned, cracked or worthless. Pay may vary depending on the job at hand and there are no guaranteed estimates!" Dina droned in a sweet tone, clapping her hands at the end of her automatic response and sealing the deal with a soft smile. It took at least a good couple of seconds before the gears in her head started moving again. Talking colors, others, naked woman who was now not naked, planet, planet.
    "WAIT A MINUTE!" Dina yelled immediately inhaling a large amount of air for her lungs, releasing it in the form of a torrent of questions.
    "Are we going to get zapped to some other planet?! What's there? Do we still get to be human? What's Spire City? Saving the world? What are you? Who are these guys? How do you just make clothing appear? Are you like aliens? Do I get anything shiny for going there?" What's it like not having a body? Why bring us somewhere so boring and plain? Are those your favorite colors to? Do I get to bring anything? Do I get to wish for anything to bring? Do I get assigned things to bring? If I get to bring anything are there limits to what I can bring? Aanndd~ Why me?"
    When she finished launching her questions, Dina looked up at the lights in a childish fascination patiently awaiting some answers.

Draken09 likes this.
  15. Draken09

After another pause the voices came, almost in a whisper.

"Did you help her with that?"

"Maybe a little."

"Anyway!" A voice came, raising the volume perhaps a bit above normal. "You don't have a choice. And you're not saving 'the' world, you're saving a world. Specifically, the one parallel to yours. Just don't expect any alter-egos or that nonsense. Worlds don't work like that. Or genetics."

"We are embodiments of different worlds, or rather, planes of existence. You are all from the oldest plane, interpret that as you will."

"And the problem is that our friend, your parallel world, just got shattered into almost a dozen pieces. And you are all going to fix it."

"Take these beacons, and plant one atop the Grand Spire in Alinar city. The Grand Priest and Archmage there shall help explain."

"Now shoo! We've got planning to do, and scrying, and other, more delicate things ahead."

And with that the colors swam circles around the quintet, with mere moments before the growing and blinding light would whisk them away to Alinar, the Spire City!

16. ziberoo

ziberoo Spaceman Spiff

Deryn, who had remained quiet while the others asked questions or otherwise communicated their existence, heard the words. 'Going'. 'Take'. 'Shoo'.
    "Who are you to tell me what to do!" She exclaimed without a second thought. She didn't care who these voices were, she didn't care how she got here. This place was just like the rest, always someone who wished dominance over another. But before she heard any reply, the colours span around the five. The blur of motion blended the colours, causing an effect she had seen once on the big screen in the town square. The light increased in intensity gradually. Blinded, Deryn covered her eyes.

17. ALaizia began to feel sick from all the color and motions, her head swimming to the point of disorientation " Ngghhh" she groaned dizzily as the colors blended.

18. Berry Punch

Dina made a loud whooping cheer as the lights became almost blindingly bright, forcing her to resort to giggling like a school girl and shielding her rather senesitive eyes.

19. Draken09

By the time the light shining through the quintet's eyelids was no longer there, they are in the middle of a large town square.The paving was made of light brown bricks, with an indentation forming a star in the middle, and a street leaving the square in the direction of each of the star's points. The entire area was in shadows. Each of the new heroes occupied one of the corners, except for one, where there was naught. Kate was missing.

A woman, with long straight brown hair and light skin, perhaps in her late thirties, approached swiftly from the point at which Dina stood. She wore a long dark robe, that should have been dragging along the floor, but instead flowed outwards, remaining mere inches above the ground. On closer inspection, the patterns of the had subtle, shifting colors. There was a sort of aura of power and authority around her. Actually, to those who knew the arts of magic, there literally was an aura of power around her.

20. ALaizia staggered momentarily, the colors had formed a cloud of dizziness in her. The dress the higher powers had given her was beginning to fit her form perfectly " w-what just happened" The blonde groaned, not really concerned with the woman in the robes at the moment.