1. This forum is archived for reference. For support & bug reports visit the help section of forums.stardewvalley.net

Bug/Issue Placing bomb in mine crashes game

Discussion in 'Support' started by natelovesyou, Mar 3, 2016.

1. natelovesyou

natelovesyou Oxygen Tank

Just like the title says, I placed a bomb in the mine (floor 51) which immediately froze the game and then it crashed. I lost a lot of progress and had progressed 11 floors. :/ This is what the error report says after the crash:

Message: The method or function that was called cannot be used in the manner requested.
    InnerException:
    Stack Trace: at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Audio.Cue.Play()
    at StardewValley.Object.placementAction(GameLocation location, Int32 x, Int32 y, Farmer who)
    at StardewValley.Utility.tryToPlaceItem(GameLocation location, Item item, Int32 x, Int32 y)
    at StardewValley.Game1.pressActionButton(KeyboardState currentKBState, MouseState currentMouseState, GamePadState currentPadState)
    at StardewValley.Game1.UpdateControlInput(GameTime time)
    at StardewValley.Game1.Update(GameTime gameTime)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
    at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
    at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
    at StardewValley.Program.Main(String[] args)

I've noticed that many, many bug reports go without replies from any staff at all, and that greatly concerns me. This habit needs to be broken, please reply and signify that this has been seen and noted so that it can be dealt with. Thanks. :)

(If it matters, I'm running Windows 10, 4 GB RAM, GTX 560 Ti, and I've never had a crash until today)

Let me know if you have more questions.