pixly race

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Dal, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

I was playing around in photoshop and the result were these little things below. Even tho i'm a newb at pixel art i think they are pretty neat X3

Habitat
    This race appears on planets with mild to warm climate and likes to hide in forest/rainforests. They tend to travel in small group. If the air gets too polluted they will stop spawning and the ones already spawned will slowly die off.

Types

shaman: The leader of the tribe, Orders the lower ranks to search for food and materials. and will attack you with ranged attacks if you get too close! If the shaman is killed the tribe will relocate and choose another shaman.

scout: Fast and Fragile they fly through the landscape to make sure the coast is clear and alert scavage parties of any danger.

worker: Exploring for any material and food they can get their paws on and take it home(even if it's in your warehouse). If the party's warriors are killed they will return home.

warrior: The warriors follow the workers and protect them from danger. they are extremely agressive!

Combat

shaman: Will attack any other race at sight with strong ranged attacks.

scout: Will only attack if provoked with weak and fast melee attacks.

worker: Non-combat will flee if provoked.

warrior: Will attack any other race at sight with slow and strong melee attacks.

[​IMG]

T2

After scavaging and/or stealing tech the pixly will gear up and move up to Tier2. Getting increasingly difficult to deal with!

Shaman: The shaman will arm himself with various guns his minions bring back home.

Scout: The scout will gear up with phase tech wings and optical cybernetics to enhance his movement speed and vision.

Worker: The worker will start using backpacks and picks. now they will start mining ore and can bring more materials home.

Warrior: The warrior gears himself up with new armor and melee weapon.

[​IMG]

T3

Invasion: When they reach T3 the pixlys will take the fight to the player(goblin army style + boss). T3 adds a boss mob (warlord) that will spawn at the end of the invasion and will drop good loot for melee oriented players. Prepare your defences, fill up on pots and watch the horizon.

Warlord: Average speed, long melee range and the bloodlust ability (+15% dmg and 25% movementspeed, activates at 30% hp). Will ocationally charge up a hard slash for a ranged attack.

[​IMG]

Nodscouter, Drithyl and Madmarlon like this.
  2. Madmarlon

Madmarlon Pangalactic Porcupine

They look so cute! X3
    But, maybe you could elaborate how they behave, if they are (un)friendly, how they live, where they live, and so on, and so on.

Dal likes this.
  3. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

yush yush i was gonna do it but my mind went blank lol, i'll try to figure something out to make the topic more interesting :3

and thank you <3

4. photostyle

photostyle The Old One

*ahem*

These guys. The ultimate pixely race.

Attached Files:

5. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

updated the info a bit :)

6. Drithyl

Drithyl Phantasmal Quasar

Indeed, cute they are. I approve of these. They should also be variable, randomized in colors or something like it seems every living thing will be (and items, lol). Please expand on them! ^^

7. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

they were fun to make, so if there is a demand i'll gladly add some X3

8. Drithyl

I, Demand, More.

:D

9. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

i can't say no to that now can i? :rofl:

10. Bjorn

Bjorn Subatomic Cosmonaut

haha they look funny:rofl:

11. Drithyl

Funny? Excuse me sir, I am a member of the Pixly race and I find that offensive. We are *not* funny. We are good-tempered. We are *not* an entertainment. We will take over the galaxy. *Your* galaxy.

Wait, what? :D

Dal likes this.
  12. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

added the tier2 :ninja:

Madmarlon and Drithyl like this.
  13. Drithyl

EPIC. I love the scout with its cybernetic eye, and the shaman with its... chainsaw? That's probably a gun like you mentioned but HOLY HELL IT HAS A CHAINSAW!

14. Madmarlon

Great! Theay are even cuter now! X3
    And I really like that T2 idea!

15. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

I tried to mimic one of the guns/chainsaw you can see in one of the official screenshots. thank you for the support <3

thanks, i wanted to make them a semi-intelligent race :geek:

16. Madmarlon

This is really great but I feel like there is one thing that's missing! If you would add a king/boss it would be perfect!!! :love:

17. x-adam1234-x

x-adam1234-x Scruffy Nerf-Herder

i would have the urge to kill them if they were friendly lol.
    they look really good though

18. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

I'll look into that tomorrow, i were going to do some buildings etc but it's a bit too advanced for me right now. but a boss i think i'll be able to make ;)
    the workers are friendly, but the others will attack. and thank you :)

Drithyl and x-adam1234-x like this.
  19. Drithyl

PLEASE DO. I want to see those buildings :D

20. Dal

Dal Phantasmal Quasar

added a boss and some additional info :up:

Drithyl likes this.