1. Note: Nightly builds are not officially supported and things that appear broken might actually just be broken with no way of fixing it, but community members may still be willing to assist you with common problems.

Closed Pixel Printer Still Crashes Game? One way to fix.

Discussion in 'Nightly Builds Support' started by Spoon Boy, Jun 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon Boy

Spoon Boy Phantasmal Quasar

I'm a Glitch character in this circumstance. Image of error:

Untitled-1.jpg

AntiStoned likes this.
  2. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

I'm also experiencing the same thing, except that it shows this instead:
    2016-06-07 (3).png
    Probably random duplicate objects bug it out, or maybe they're removed from the Pixel Printer improperly.

I've updated it but it's still not resolved, it hangs for a bit then shows this

2016-06-09 (1).png

Looks like we're all experiencing the same problem with the Pixel Printer.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
  3. AntiStoned

AntiStoned Big Damn Hero

Hoping they fix this fast, so I can actually build my colony.

4. Spoon Boy

This is still a problem as of June 15 Nightly...

5. Spoon Boy

I am able to access the printer when in /admin. Hopefully this helps people, though it probably won't use resources. Desperate times.
    Turning off admin while in the menu causes the crash to occur.

6. v6ooo

v6ooo Space Kumquat

Is this an old character as I think those items have been removed or renamed in the game.
    Usually when they have an update script in place to remove things like this but they may have forgotten or it didn't work.

7. Spoon Boy

This is still an issue for me and it's clear it's probably not going to be fixed.
    As such I attempted to solve this myself, and I believe I've been able to do so. I'm passing on my methods.
    brokenglitchfuelhatchTier0 continued to be the reason I crash, so it's been nearly a month.

I backed up the character save and then cracked it open in a hex editor.
    I searched for the problem item tag in the data. I also wrote the name into a character-length display.

I then searched for something else in the data that was the same length.

scorchedcitybrokenregister was the first thing I found.

brokenglitchfuelhatchTier0 = scorchedcitybrokenregister

I saved and loaded. Now the pixel printer still crashed... but for smallwallswitchlighttoggle.
    I did another replacement. This one was the same length as the fuel hatch, so that was easy.

smallwallswitchlighttoggle = scorchedcitybrokenregister

Saved. Loaded up. Pixel printer works again. It only shows one broken register... The character still has all 3 copies in his data, however. Apparently it ignores these duplicates.
    I'm not sure if this could cause any issues, but for the immediate test it seems to have worked fine and hasn't broken the game.

Do this only at your discretion and if you're comfortable, but so far it's a possible solution for a character that's still broken and you don't want to reroll them.
    Again, I stress, always back up your player directory before tinkering. If the player vanishes off your list or causes the game to explode when clicked, something went wrong. lol

Also, do not have the game open when you do this, of course.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.