1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

Outdated Pixel Goods Store v1.20 (Upbeat Giraffe)

Furniture, furnishings and equipment!

1. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

It's possible that one other mod doesn't patch the player.config but rather replaces it. Search your mods for player.config (the right way to do it, is the player.config.patch - as its done in PGS). Apart from that, nothing pops to mind...

2. Zalexard

Zalexard Subatomic Cosmonaut

Hm, good reasoning... Gonna take a look at those who have the file and report back for advice in case they do.

Ok, so, every file I have is a player.config.patch, so, no problem on that front it seems. They all have add ops for their items... Apart from that, since this game is in modpak format, not sure how I can get a look at it. Maybe that's the issue, the mod being in modpak format... =\

This reminds me, if I try removing all of the mods I use EXCEPT pgs, to see if I can narrow down what mod is conflicting with it, when I load my other saves will they still be the same? I'm asking because I tried using Creative Mode with Spawnable Item Pack and it somehow made disappear some of the storage containers from CM I was using for storage when I removed the SIP... So, I kinda want to avoid that again. :p

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
  3. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

there was an unofficial update to dye mod here:

and im trying to color items that seem compatible (im judging by png file that has item in 9 colours)

do u think its dye mod issue or pixel store?

4. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

I will honestly have to look. I'll try find some time tomorrow.[DOUBLEPOST=1424801058][/DOUBLEPOST]
    For testing, just rename your "player", "universe" and "mods" folders into idk... i usually add underscore - so "player_" if you start the server then it will create everything anew - test it, when you're done - shutdown the server/client and rename those folders back (and firstly removing the new ones, that starbound made) - this way its very safe to test anything and get rid of errors in old files (since chars, universe etc stores some info in the files itself).

5. Zalexard

When you say "start the server" you mean starting a new game, right? I don't have to test this in server mode, regular 64 bit opengl will do? Just making sure. :p

6. teihoo

teihoo Ketchup Robot

If you dont start the server, then just your client yes. Either one will lock the universe anyway, so just dont run client or server, rename folders, start up the game.

7. Zalexard

Found the reason - I'm dumb.
    I was using the modpak inside of a folder for some reason, so, all I needed to do was to place it directly into the mod's folder and now it's working. :p

8. Mackinz

Mackinz The Waste of Time

So, @Boogy, any plans to add additional content to the mod? There are quite a few new bosses now. I'd imagine you could make some interesting furniture out of the Moontants and Erchius Horror, or some Floran Party themed furnishings.

9. Zalexard

Crystal furniture would be awesome. Crystal erchius horror furniture would be even better. :p But to be honest, I want Novakid related stuff (not directly related to this mod, but more towards ChuckleFish, even though that boogy does some awesome pixel art on the furniture and I want to see what comes next)...

10. xelios

xelios Space Hobo

Carpet on Bricks is showing up as either invisible or as partially other blocks and partially invisible. In the pre-place preview it shows strange blocks or what's behind the current wall.

Not having the problem with other blocks so far, and everything else I've bought from the mod is working fine. Not a big deal, just wanted to point it out. On SP and MP. Mods I'm using other than this: Frackin Music, Frackin Universe, Mysterious Stars.

11. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

Is a misspelled word in the item Id it was missing an R in carpet if I remember right but then I have a bad memory.

12. xelios

xelios Space Hobo

Line 14 of carpetfloor3.material: "texture" : "capetfloor3.png",

Once I put the r in carpet everything worked correctly. Thank you!

13. Crisium

Crisium Cosmic Narwhal

No worry's Brah your welcome, I'm happy I could be of some help.

14. baltosaa

baltosaa Pangalactic Porcupine

So I'm getting Starexceptions after installing this mod...

I'm looking through my Starbound.log to try and find any errors, but can't seem to get whats wrong.

Any mods that this certain mod isn't compatible with yet, maybe?

(Also if this has already been asked/answered then I'll make sure to go hunting through this topic to find it... X.D )

15. Mackinz

16. sykesmod

sykesmod Void-Bound Voyager

This is a really good mod, but is the price for items too cheap? Maybe you can tweak it? I just don't feel any difficulties to get them all.

17. kenanthebarbarian

kenanthebarbarian Phantasmal Quasar

Got a crash bug:

(MaterialException) Error loading material file /tiles/materials/okeamagmabrick.material
    Caused by: (VariantException) No such key in Variant::get("category")

The line repeats many times. Log attached.

Attached Files:

18. Mackinz

19. mastercookie

mastercookie Existential Complex

im still trying to make dye station work with pixelgoods... found dyeengine folder and dyestation.object.old file in pgs

it starts with:
    {
    "__merge" : [],
    "dyeEngine" : {
    "object" : {
    "whitelist" : [
    and then goes a list of items

anyone knows how to edit this to make it work? simply deleting "__merge" doesnt work

20. River Song

River Song Aquatic Astronaut

If you could get that to work that would be so amazing! I wish I knew how to help