1. Please be advised of a few specific rules and guidelines for this section.

RELEASED Phoenix Armory 1.6.2 (Glad Giraffe)

Gettin' down for some serious Lua!

1. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 Pangalactic Porcupine

Gotcha. I'm getting a chance to actually catch up on a little bit of modding here, so I'll get that in.[DOUBLEPOST=1445485288][/DOUBLEPOST]
    Bug report in, processed, and will be added next update, thanks!

2. Pixelguru26

3. Weviro

Weviro Void-Bound Voyager

It looks cool

4. Dullahan2

Dullahan2 Aquatic Astronaut

I like the looks of it. I'll try a new run for a few hours and see if I can find anything broken.
    [​IMG]

5. Pixelguru26

:rofl: awesome!
    the souls are found in the core regions of high-tiered planets, slightly rarer than infurnus ore but same regions.

6. velarustler82500

velarustler82500 Aquatic Astronaut

hey i saw someone say they didn't know how to make magic snowflakes (thankfully you replied telling them how) so i went to a stone furnace but couldn't find the magic snowflakes i even checked the alloy one is there a special one i need to be using

7. Sir Jahar

Sir Jahar Void-Bound Voyager

I'm 99% sure you need to be using the "Magnetic Crucible". It keeps the more powerful weapons more towards the end-game.

8. velarustler82500

ok I'll check it out it's just that Pixelguru said i needed to use a furnace thanks.

EDIT: nope just went through and checked the crucible and didn't find it i even went back though and checked the other crafting stations still didn't find it

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  9. Sir Jahar

Sir Jahar Void-Bound Voyager

BRB, let me check...

You need to have your character acquire some regular snowflakes first (which can also be made into a "Snowflake Shuriken").
    And, yeah, you need a 'Crucible to make some Magic Snowflakes. But you can make Ice Fragments in an Alloy Furnace, so that part's a little easier.

10. velarustler82500

ok I'll see if i can get some snowflakes and see if that helps.

EDIT: yeeeesssssss i got a snow flake and i learned how to make a magic snowflake and you're right its a magnetic crucible

Last edited: Nov 21, 2015
  11. flutterdeath

flutterdeath Void-Bound Voyager

The Gullinkambi has the use PGI in the recipe.

12. Kitsune713

Kitsune713 Orbital Explorer

same error with PG for the Kambi

*EDIT* Receipe says to use Impervium BARS instead of compound

Last edited: Dec 25, 2015
  13. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 updated Phoenix Armory with a new update entry:

It's back, baby!

Read the rest of this update entry...

14. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Hey man! Great mod you have here, reeeally adds some firepower and range to Starbound's arsenal!

I have a couple of suggestion/bugs to report in:

> The matmod yliaster conflicts with a couple of other mods: Not that big of a deal, I've found that the matmod's number has been used by a couple of mods. I changed it from '38' to '308' and it seems to be working splendid so far. Might toy around with this some more to see if that number's already in use as well.

> Iffy handPositon/firePosition from the handguns: or baseOffset/muzzleOffset in the *.activeItem format. The grip in the hand looks relatively... awkward with the current position it has.
    [​IMG]
    I had changed the baseOffset/muzzleOffset to:
    Code:
    "baseOffset" : [-1, 0],
    "muzzleOffset" : [0, 0.5],

And now it looks like:
    [​IMG]
    Which, personally, I believe it looks better. I'll continue to muck around with the two-handed weapons and see if there's anything awry with them.

EDIT: The base/muzzleOffset seems to only look fine on the Phoenix Variants (Base, Bolt, Boom, and Toxin). Currently checking to see on the other handguns. As well... you might want to fix some of the damage values! Currently the Anzu Sandstorm does 1k~2k per direct hit (without counting armor and additional bullets). I haven't messed too much with the other weapons, but that does seem quite overpowered.

EDIT 2: Couple more experiments with the rest of the guns!

Phoenix Base/Bolt/Boom/Toxin:
    "baseOffset" : [-0.8, 0.2],

Phoenix Auto:
    "baseOffset" : [-1.0, 0.25],

Anzu:
    "baseOffset" : [-1.6, 0.3],
    "muzzleOffset" : [0, 0],

Anzu Sandstorm:
    "baseOffset" : [-1.4, 0.25],

Articuno:
    "baseOffset" : [-2.2, 0.5],
    "muzzleOffset" : [-0.2, 0.3],

Articuno Blizzard:
    "baseOffset" : [-1.8, 0.5],
    "muzzleOffset" : [-0.4, 0.2],

GullinKambi (I based this one off to handle as a gatling gun as it looked like one):
    "baseOffset" : [-2.5, -0.75],
    "muzzleOffset" : [-0.2, -0.2],

GullinKambiCrow:
    "baseOffset" : [-1.4, 0.25],
    "muzzleOffset" : [0, 0.3],

PhoenixVenom:
    "baseOffset" : [-1.2, 0.4],
    "muzzleOffset" : [-0.2, 0.3],

These are fairly rough estimates to what I think look decent enough as well as avoid clipping with the character. Experiment yourself and see what looks best, it's your mod after all!

Aside from those minor gripes, I'm sincerely enjoying the mod and plan to keep it for a long while. Simple, effective, and stylish. :up:

Last edited: Mar 31, 2016
  15. Pixelguru26

G.Xyon, you are the best. Thank you so much for the bug reports (and fixes), and I'm really glad you like the mod! I'm honestly terrible at getting visual placements (offsets, muzzle positions, etc) right; I put most of my work into the functionality, flavor text and sprites, so this was a huge help. Your fixes (including the Gullinkambi position fix; that is, indeed a handle) will certainly be implemented in the next version.

G.Xyon likes this.
  16. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

No problem, I'm happy I could have helped! I'll be looking forward to more great content. :DD

17. Pixelguru26

Pixelguru26 updated Phoenix Armory with a new update entry:

luafest #2: huge thanks to G.Xyon!

Read the rest of this update entry...

18. G.Xyon

G.Xyon Space Kumquat

Yo! Found a small issue. Hel's Talon sword appears as a PGI, and I have my suspicions that it's because you're still using the old *.generatedsword format. Might wanna tinker with that a little bit.

19. Pixelguru26

The Hel's Talon has been a broken WIP for quite some time. To be honest, it wasn't even supposed to be craftable... However, it will be fixed next update, when I move all melee weapons over to activeitem format. Either way, thanks for the report!

G.Xyon likes this.
  20. Pixelguru26

Update on the update progress: it took me a while to figure out the quirks of the melee activeitem system, but I think I've pretty much figured it out, and I updated 3/5 of the swords just this morning. Should be finished with that soon, and then all I need to finish is the scripting parts of the update.