Pets Megathread.

Discussion in 'NPCs and Creatures' started by Seria-Myouna, Jun 30, 2012.

?

Do you love pets and think all these are useful ideas?

1. No, this is a horrible idea. I'll turn you into goop.

3.1%
  2. Yes, this is great, you are my best friend ever.

76.7%
  3. Not "ALL", quit being so presumptuous, you nincompoop.

20.2%
  1. Landlaw

Landlaw Scruffy Nerf-Herder

pets will be implemented on beta?

Axe Garian likes this.
  2. Seburo

Seburo Subatomic Cosmonaut

The countless outcome possibilities...the endless results... :mwahaha:

Nesden and WoxandWarf like this.
  3. Seria-Myouna

Seria-Myouna The Last Moderator IRC Operator

Like p*kemon, but with millions of different species.

Nesden and Axe Garian like this.
  4. Fuzbal

Fuzbal Phantasmal Quasar

Wow I this is a good idea! :) Maybe having an adorable pet would also help with relations.

5. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

*Imagines You & your adorable Gummy Bunny from the Friday Generated Monster Thread running away in mortal terror from a pack of VERY Hungry Tribe Monsters bent on eating your Gummy Candy-lookin Bunny* :p

WoxandWarf likes this.
  6. Fuzbal

Fuzbal Phantasmal Quasar

...why?

WoxandWarf likes this.
  7. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

My Point is that ya wanted to get your Pet to help with Relations... but it might not work out how ya expect all the time. :p

8. Fuzbal

Fuzbal Phantasmal Quasar

okay
    *Imagines a different scene where everyone likes my pet and I become an ambassador.*
    so it might not always work... but it might help with relations with humans, avian, apex, hytol and robot, and the florans are devious enough to "pretend" to be my friend so they can get my pet.

Axe Garian likes this.
  9. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

True enough... I guess this is part of the reason why it's a good thing we can have more than one Pet with us at a time, once we have more than one Pet. :)

Still... I favor Pets that can provide Utility I myself lack (Ex: Rogue Skills) & Pets that can help me with beating stuff up personally. :giggle: To each their own. :up:

10. Robot King

Robot King Aquatic Astronaut

It be pretty cool if the pet's armour could have added abilities like the pet has.

I'm not saying that it's going to be "Sharakath the Lava Penguin" who wears "Laser Golden Fudge Armour" is going to kill you. Just keep it at a not too high amount of suffixes, abilities. Just an idea, tis' all it is.

Axe Garian likes this.
  11. Demitr1

Demitr1 Subatomic Cosmonaut

Interactive pets that can have special abilities and help you in some way is a great idea. I just really don't care for a pet that just floats and does nothing as a useless sprite. Good ideas!

12. Nesden

Nesden Cosmic Narwhal

As I said on IRC, I don't really like pets, but I'll have fun DNA-mixing it with the weirdest monster I can find.

GunmanRex likes this.
  13. OcelotZero

OcelotZero Orbital Explorer

I'd like to see a scouting functionality added to the pets, if nothing else. I imagine sitting in a chair, looking out the window, taking control of my pet and running around the yard. This could be used to quickly and covertly check for areas of interest, but would require the humanoid to be locked in place while controlling the creature; for this reason, one would not be gimped if they choose to lock their furry critter in the basement for an eternity.

Yes? No?

Starsly likes this.
  14. Axe Garian

Axe Garian Oxygen Tank

*Imagines starting with a Rabbit Pet, making a pot of water & stew, setting it on a fire, then sitting in the Chair & taking control of the Rabbit & suiciding the Rabbit into the Pot of Stew* :mwahaha:

Starsly and Evangelion like this.