Pets bring players items

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by AureusWolf, Mar 20, 2019.

?

Would you like to see this in the game?

1. YES!

100.0%
  2. Maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not Really

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. NO!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. AureusWolf

AureusWolf Subatomic Cosmonaut

It’s been awhile since I’ve posted here. Left the game for a bit to explore other things in life, other games, other hobbies, plus school has been demanding but here I am.

I haven’t seen anyone else post this suggesting, at least not that I’ve noticed, but I’ve had an idea to make pets actually useful.

I was thinking pets could bring the player items in the morning sometimes. It would be a fairly uncommon occurrence, maybe only having a slim 10% chance of happening each morning.

Dogs could bring the player items like jewels, ores and artifacts and cats could bring players items like shells, animal products (rabbit’s foot, duck feather, wool) and fish.

Since dogs love to dig, I figure it would make sense if they sometimes found a buried item like a bone to the sloth skeleton or a gemstone.

Cats being more predatorial, it would make sense for them to go out and catch something and bring it back.

This would make the player have to choose wisely. Maybe you prefer cats but would like a dog more since it can help you finish the museum collection.

If a pet does bring an item to the player, they will sit on the porch and bark or meow excitedly with either an “!” or a small present box icon over their head. The pet will continuously follow the player until they right click on the pet to accept the pet’s gift.

To be perfectly honest, I’m not a fan of pets at the moment, yes they’re cute but they tend to get in the way sometimes and do nothing more. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had trouble tilling, fertilizing, planting and watering because my dog or cat REFUSED to move. I see this as a way of putting up with their shenanigans in exchange for rewards.

Anyone else think this is something the game needs?

• Zosa

Zosa Cosmic Narwhal

• Kurachi84

Kurachi84 Cosmic Narwhal

if only that mod sometimes had artifacts, because i barely get anything, (and don't like the museum) even though i increased the chances of it finding stuff
      for those who cannot use mods, i'd love to see this coming

that mod makes your cat bring it to you when you go outside your house, and the dog buries it on the farm, it's nice to get some weeds sometimes :rofl:
      rarely i get something for the community center, and that's being really lucky