1. When making a thread, please tag your thread accordingly using the menu to the left of the textfield where you name your thread where applicable. Server Advertisements and Mod Releases should be contained to their respective subforums.

Server Help [Petition] Please fix Server Stability

Discussion in 'Multiplayer' started by Stadl0r, Feb 5, 2015.

1. Stadl0r

Stadl0r Contact!

Dear Chucklefish Devs,

First off I want to say that this game is fantastic and has so much potential. For the last year I have run a notorious starbound community with a dedicated server, but at this point the server stability is absolutely horrid on Linux64. Since the new update a dedicated box appears to continuously lock up the starbound instance above 30 Player slots

This is a personal and community request to please focus some of your development resources towards making multiplayer better. We need stable server software, better admin tools with permissions, and protection from exploiters / hackers. In my opinion having a better functioning multiplayer component is much more important than added content, items & dungeons. What good is content if you can't properly enjoy the product?

Like many other server communities, right now I feel as though hosting a community is just shooting money down the tube as no one can play properly for more than 20minutes.

This isn't a rage post but more a sincere message of concern.

I encourage other starbounders or server hosts to respond to this post and give a +1 !

2. SuncastingSorceress

SuncastingSorceress Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I'm going to have to agree here. I've met some pretty nice people though starbound, and I would like to be able to play with them.

3. Starrypop

Starrypop Subatomic Cosmonaut

yes please chucklefish the servers are completely unstable.

4. 409

409 Big Damn Hero

Whoever thought letting the servers be this unstable is clearly not aware of the sheer amount of suffering this is causing.

5. EpicHyloti101

EpicHyloti101 Subatomic Cosmonaut

COME ON CHUCKLEFISH YOUR BETTER THEN THIS HELP THE PEOPLE MAN :3 We need you to help our servers!

6. nbasile2000

nbasile2000 Big Damn Hero

Yesh pleaseeeeeee

7. ZeCaptain

ZeCaptain Big Damn Hero

I feel like this issue shouldn't require a petition, but the servers are too unstable and need to be fixed instead of lighting bugs

8. Emmalinea

Emmalinea Void-Bound Voyager

Yes Please!!!!!!!!!!!!! I really would like to go back to playing multiplayer with my friends!

Kaerfus likes this.
  9. Yzzey

Yzzey Heliosphere

Fuck yes. Absolutely.

EpicClockwork likes this.
  10. iamhats

iamhats Scruffy Nerf-Herder

more server suport! :3

11. AuroraDestiny

AuroraDestiny Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I am one of the many also enjoying the Multiplayer of Starbound. The Server instability is obvious. And it would be nice to work on it!

12. Pinkbat5

Pinkbat5 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I agree with this so much.

13. Markelius

Markelius Space Kumquat

Multiplayer seriously needs to be fixed. I am fairly certain that the bulk of Starbound players play on servers much like other games of similar genres like Minecraft. For some of us, multiplayer has become completely unplayable. It's really hard to care what the devs are up to if they can't fix such game breaking bugs. For me, Starbound is largely about mass-construction, pushing the limits of my imagination, but if I can't even beam onto a planet without the game instantly crashing, there's nothing keeping me playing.

I've been holding my interest by making mods, but I'd really like to have the assurance that the devs are working to fix the game so that I'll actually get to play with the mods I make. Seriously Chucklefish! These stability issues are game breaking. If you can't even keep the "stable" branch of the beta well, stable, how are you expecting people to play? Please, fix this.

14. schithawk

schithawk Space Hobo

I created a new account just to reply to this. +111

This game is fantastic! I've enjoyed it since Enraged Koala but the only thing that keeps me from sticking to it is the lack of multiplayer stability. Logging on to a server to spend 20 minutes building something just to be booted and come back to 5 minutes worth of work gone along with the materials is frustrating to say the least. This game has so much potential! If easing back on new content to create a more stable multiplayer experience is what it takes, go for it!

15. RedQueen

RedQueen Orbital Explorer

Oh my god, please. Everything in this post.

There is also a reddit post in case this just isn't getting through to Chuckle.

Please, make the next update a stability fix for multiplayer.

16. ubermange

ubermange Scruffy Nerf-Herder

ALL OF MY YES.

17. Zoogoo40

Zoogoo40 Void-Bound Voyager

Multiplayer is largely what's kept this game alive by the look of it, with the lack of content that was there previously, and the massive gap in updates with any content (A year's gap is a damn joke.).

All the yes. This is a prevalent issue that shouldn't be shoved into a corner again.

18. BassZ1890

BassZ1890 Scruffy Nerf-Herder

I 100% agree with whats being said here. When the new update finally came out, my friend and I decided to play it together and it was practically unplayable. Starbound is a fun game but I have already cleared all the new major content of the patch and without a good, stable, multiplayer experience with my friends its hard to keep interest.

Again, the new content is sweet and all but multiplayer REALLY needs to be looked at now.

19. IcyLucario

IcyLucario Subatomic Cosmonaut

>.> For real. Chucklefish love the game, love the idea you guys work on but its pretty, pretty- Really bad. :hylotl::chucklefish:

*Crash*CRASH*CRASH*CRASH*CRASH*
    Take a bit from new content and fix the servers.

Please take a moment to go on a server- with 15 or more.

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
    Emmalinea and AuroraDestiny like this.
  20. Fungilord

Fungilord Aquatic Astronaut

Yes yes yes! Devs please!